Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The curtain lifted a little this week on Labour’s civil war

124»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,125
    Scott_P said:

malcolmg said:

Scott, you cannot seriously be slagging Mary Doll,

I've met her a few times. She used to be my teacher.
    You didn't listen in class then?
  • Options

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    kle4 said:

John_M said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:
    Why should anyone care ? The rotten system is not a democracy.
    Some reform might be due. The Windsor-Bowes-Lyons-Mountbatten clan seem to have excellent longevity, subject to smoking-related illnesses. Britain went nearly the whole of the 20th century without a monarch over 70; the way things are going, it could spend most of the 21st century with them nearly always over that age.
    The way our politicians pander to the over 65s perhaps making us officially a gerontocracy is the way to go!
    The way our politicians pander to the over 65s people who actually and reliably vote perhaps making us officially a gerontocracy is the way to go! is entirely understandable.
    I never said the pandering was not electorally sensible!
    I'm amazed the young 'uns haven't figured this out. If they all voted (for whoever), it would be bye-bye triple lock and hallo free University. HMG is a slow and ponderous fruit machine. Put enough votes in and eventually money comes out right into your pocket.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422
    surbiton said:

I suppose it means that we are approaching, probably quite slowly, the inevitable end of the oil age. After all, the stuff will run out eventually if we don't find an alternative in time.

Not only I want the Oil Age to end but also Coal and Nuclear. They should all die ! There is enough energy coming from the Sun.
    We had solar panels installed last week. Despite the drizzle in W Yorks at the moment, the panels are currently powering everything in the house and exporting 300W to the grid on top. For the right deal, I'd say it's well worth doing.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    malcolmg said:

You didn't listen in class then?

You know her subject, surely?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

surbiton said:

I suppose it means that we are approaching, probably quite slowly, the inevitable end of the oil age. After all, the stuff will run out eventually if we don't find an alternative in time.

Not only I want the Oil Age to end but also Coal and Nuclear. They should all die ! There is enough energy coming from the Sun.
    We had solar panels installed last week. Despite the drizzle in W Yorks at the moment, the panels are currently powering everything in the house and exporting 300W to the grid on top. For the right deal, I'd say it's well worth doing.
    Well done, David !
  • Options
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Well done, David !
    Hmm .....

The "right deal"must allow for (1) routine maintenance of the panels - presumably like everything else they don't remain in pristine condition indefinitely, (2) depreciation of the panels over x years, (3) financing costs over x years, (4) Their eventual removal, disposal and making good of the roof, (5) Possible negative impact on the value of one's property.

Not for me thanks!
This discussion has been closed.