Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Date for your diary: Next PB Gathering Friday April 8th + t

SystemSystem Posts: 11,689
edited March 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Date for your diary: Next PB Gathering Friday April 8th + the local by-election results

Just to confirm – the next PB gathering takes place at the Shooting Star on Friday April 8th from about 1830. We’ve returned to a Friday evening slot following requests from a number of people who say that will be more convenient.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    First!
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Second - like Trump in November
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Rubio on TV today urging his supporters in Ohio to vote for Kasich.

If Kasich asks his voters in Florida to vote for Rubio then the calculation would be that Trump arrives at the convention with fewer than 1237 delegates, and after the first vote the negotiating can begin and Trump might be stopped.

It's desperate stuff and if the brokered convention is perceived as a fix then it could shatter the Republican party.

It would also hand the White House to the democrats.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    A lively meeting in St. Louis.

A bloodied man dragged from Trump rally. pic.twitter.com/eyQxFL8Uht

— Trymaine Lee (@trymainelee) 11 March 2016
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,013
    RodCrosby said:

To be fair, he did look at Trump funny.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Tim_B said:

If Kasich asks his voters in Florida to vote for Rubio then the calculation would be that Trump arrives at the convention with fewer than 1237 delegates, and after the first vote the negotiating can begin and Trump might be stopped.

It's desperate stuff and if the brokered convention is perceived as a fix then it could shatter the Republican party.

Hi. On Monday morning at 0715 EST I'm on "The Takeaway," the national morning radio show broadcast with Public Radio International and WNYC.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    Acquaintance at a a dinner party at Univeristy wearing an Emerson, Lake and Palmer T shirt, was asked by Hall Warden. 'Tell me, where is Emerson, Lake?' The reply was not quite unprintable.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Tim_B said:

Hi. On Monday morning at 0715 EST I'm on "The Takeaway," the national morning radio show broadcast with Public Radio International and WNYC.
    Another key Trump endorsement?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    I see Ken being Ken again today...and Sadiq being Sadiq....
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Tim_B said:

Comic
    Of course Gov. Romney attempted the same uninspiring advice last week -
    Kasich hasn't been very friendly in his response, having his media men essentially mock Rubio for doing worse in Florida than their man "will" in Ohio
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    Thanks for the civilised EU chat everyone. Having begun to think about the issues in a way I didn't think I would I have become a pretty convinced Remainer; something I wasn't anticipating a few weeks back. However, I am glad to be exposed to the Leave views on here too. I can see where you are all coming from, but I just can't get past the idea we are potentially going to have to give up a lot for not that much. EEA/EFTA is a Leave option I could live with, but going beyond that looks very risky to me. That does not make me a timorous feartie - I am all in favour of measured risk and have benefited from it on many occasions - but I guess it does make me cautious. There are so many opportunities out there as things stand.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Mr Shuker raised his concerns in response to claims made by the charity Muslim Women's Network UK (MWN UK) concerning the "blocking" of vocal, independent Muslim women by male members of the Labour Party who are of Pakistani heritage.

MWN UK has called for an inquiry by the party into "systematic misogyny" within Labour.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35790164

There's no problem at all...absolutely none...

http://order-order.com/2016/03/11/labour-mps-sex-segregated-rally-with-islamic-extremist/
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Hi Mike -thanks for the heads up! It's on here from noon to 1pm. I'll make a point of listening...
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047
    I've often been despairing of the way UK politicians carbon copy whatever goes on in the US but I have to say that this time it might be somewhat beneficial. Assuming it's Hillary, what sort of campaign will she run? If I was one of the Labour moderates I'd be looking very carefully about how she tries to get the Sanders people on board. I'm not sure they'll be satisfied with 'I'm not Trump.' The Tories will also have to look at Trump's success with blue collar Republicans and ask themselves what their future is post-Cameron or indeed if they are at risk of similar splits.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    Tim_B said:

Very desperate indeed.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited March 2016
    rcs1000 said:

RodCrosby said:

To be fair, he did look at Trump funny.

On to Chicago tonight. Trump rally at the University, no less...

Could get "interesting".
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/03/11/donald-trump-plans-rally-in-democratic-stronghold-of-chicago/

'The rally will be held in the southern part of downtown Chicago in an area where the demographics of the city begin to shift away from the more affluent, white population found in “The Loop” or the city’s financial heart. The area becomes more African American and Latino radiating outward from downtown.'
  • Options
    EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    Kasich hasn't been very friendly in his response, having his media men essentially mock Rubio for doing worse in Florida than their man "will" in Ohio
    Rubio appears to be in serious trouble in Florida. He's hardly ever there since he became a US Senator, he misses many political events there, and his approval ratings are very bad. The mayor of Tampa, a major Floridian city, has never met him.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    Rubio appears to be in serious trouble in Florida. He's hardly ever there since he became a US Senator, he misses many political events there, and his approval ratings are very bad. The mayor of Tampa, a major Floridian city, has never met him.
    I've been to Tampa, and I can assure you that Rubio has made the right call.
  • Options
    Was it just me, or I couldn't believe the brass neck of Obama saying that the British and French f##k up Libya. There was one force that dominated that operation more than any other, the one Obama leads...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rcs1000 said:

Tim_B said:

EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    LOL.....its a s##t hole. But then so is large parts of Miami.
  • Options
    NorfolkTilIDieNorfolkTilIDie Posts: 1,268

Thanks for the civilised EU chat everyone. Having begun to think about the issues in a way I didn't think I would I have become a pretty convinced Remainer; something I wasn't anticipating a few weeks back. However, I am glad to be exposed to the Leave views on here too. I can see where you are all coming from, but I just can't get past the idea we are potentially going to have to give up a lot for not that much. EEA/EFTA is a Leave option I could live with, but going beyond that looks very risky to me. That does not make me a timorous feartie - I am all in favour of measured risk and have benefited from it on many occasions - but I guess it does make me cautious. There are so many opportunities out there as things stand.

I don't know how anyone can think the very minor differences in access between CETA and EU membership are larger than opportunity for FTAs with all the other major economies. But appreciate your politeness.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rcs1000 said:

Tim_B said:

EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    Lots of nice causeways to drive over though!

But seriously it's a sign of how little he's in the state.
  • Options
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mook-warns-of-defeat-in-ohio-illinois-mo.-outspent-outraised-by-sanders/article/2585551?custom_click=rss

Hmmmmm Seems I'm not the only one who can see a bit more underwhelming performance by Hillary in the rustbelt. I wonder who of HRC and Bernie will have won the most swing states when the dust settles.
  • Options
    FernandoFernando Posts: 145
    "EEA/EFTA is a Leave option I could live with, but going beyond that looks very risky to me." SouthamObserver.

I agree. It retains the free movement of EU citizens, which we'd miss if we lost it. It is also the only realistic alternative likely to be on offer.
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    Obama is an ar*e. The problem is his two likely replacements are even worse.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    runnymede said:

Obama is an ar*e. The problem is his two likely replacements are even worse.

I posted this earlier. But I watched last night debate in full, the first one I have done so for....it was just bonkers how crap all the candidates were. They made Ed Miliband look good.

A country of 300+ million people and these are the best people up for election e.g. When the EU rejected Turkey for entry that was the wrong move...you when, what, where....
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited March 2016
    Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick
    Saturday's Daily Mail front page:
    Tell us true number of EU migrants
    #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/708398329831542785
  • Options

Was it just me, or I couldn't believe the brass neck of Obama saying that the British and French f##k up Libya. There was one force that dominated that operation more than any other, the one Obama leads...

There are only two things to know about Obama, which explain most of what he does and says.

1. He is a rigid left wing ideologue with a worldview that does not seem to be either realistic or to change with experience. Every action is guided by politics above all.

2. Nothing is ever his fault. NOTHING. EVER.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

There are only two things to know about Obama, which explain most of what he does and says.

1. He is a rigid left wing ideologue with a worldview that does not seem to be either realistic or to change with experience. Every action is guided by politics above all.

3. FORRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yeah but No But Yeah but.....

A Pennsylvania judge affirmed Sen. Ted Cruz’s status as a natural born citizen Thursday and dismissed a lawsuit that sought to remove the candidate from the state’s Republican primary ballot, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The guy is going to appeal.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/pennsylvania-judge-rules-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen-tossing-eligibility-lawsuit.html/
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    i.e usual facile tripe from a journalist
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    edited March 2016

twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/708401566831796225

V handy breakdown of what Canada-style EU deal actually means

Canada is more a demonstration of the possible, than an exact fit for our needs.

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,172
    A rather sad story.

"Former UUP leader James Molyneaux's ‘close companion' tells of 30-year relationship"

http://tinyurl.com/zclm69l

'Despite the age gap, the pair bonded over their passionate belief in Northern Ireland's immutable position within the UK, mutual hatred of Tory Europhile Edward Heath and admiration for controversial firebrand Enoch Powell.'

Perhaps Jimmy and Ted had more in common than either might have thought.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

3. FORRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    He'll be teed off if he sees that ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So in tomorrow's rugby the big match up is England's Australian born, of Tongan descent, brought up in Wales and Bristol No 8 vs the Welsh, Tonga born, brought up in Wales and Bristol No 8...
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:
    Ah Jesse - another race baiter who always turns up unwanted and never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. I'm surprised Al Sharpton hasn't turned up yet.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Sorry to miss out on the 8th. I would like to get to another pb drinkies, but difficult for those of us living outside the Great Wen.
  • Options

I don't know how anyone can think the very minor differences in access between CETA and EU membership are larger than opportunity for FTAs with all the other major economies. But appreciate your politeness.
    I believe respect for each others views is a great compliment to this forum. Neither sides, or the undecided need to be involved in abusing each others positions. I have learnt a lot from contributors from all sides and while I may not agree with some I do appreciate their views.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

A rather sad story.

"Former UUP leader James Molyneaux's ‘close companion' tells of 30-year relationship"

http://tinyurl.com/zclm69l

'Despite the age gap, the pair bonded over their passionate belief in Northern Ireland's immutable position within the UK, mutual hatred of Tory Europhile Edward Heath and admiration for controversial firebrand Enoch Powell.'

Perhaps Jimmy and Ted had more in common than either might have thought.

Mr. Luke is a very very strange individual.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    Old Holborn
    Explosive interview in @bild with Macedonia

https://t.co/30qaoJEc7J
  • Options

Old Holborn

That's dreadful but not surprising - Merkel has trashed her legacy
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick

I am guessing from the last thread's article that the Daily Mail headline is more representative of the Leave side than the pro-EEA, pro-free movement of people line common on here
    The free movement thing really is the kicker which splits Leave, but it hardly helps Remain to talk about it either!
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Tim_B said:

EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    Why is Rubio so lazy? Was it due to diverting all his attention towards running for POTUS?
  • Options
    EPG said:

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick

I am guessing from the last thread's article that the Daily Mail headline is more representative of the Leave side than the pro-EEA, pro-free movement of people line common on here
    The free movement thing really is the kicker which splits Leave, but it hardly helps Remain to talk about it either!
    Sadly more UKIP and they have lost all balance on their coverage of the EU.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Mr Livingstone told BBC News: "All hedge fund managers want is to know that they're going to have a prime minister who's going to allow them to continue to evade tax and it's totally unacceptable for hedge fund managers to be contributing to anyone in the Labour Party.

Asked if he thought Mr Livingstone's comments were appropriate, shadow chancellor John McDonnell said: "Well Ken is Ken isn't he, really?"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35783651

Red Ken and paying their taxes...hmmm...

Mr Livingstone has been accused of setting up a private company, Silveta Ltd, which allowed him to avoid paying at least £75,000 in tax.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/ken-livingstone-the-truth-about-that-tax-affair-7660826.html
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

Mr Livingstone told BBC News: "All hedge fund managers want is to know that they're going to have a prime minister who's going to allow them to continue to evade tax and it's totally unacceptable for hedge fund managers to be contributing to anyone in the Labour Party.

Asked if he thought Mr Livingstone's comments were appropriate, shadow chancellor John McDonnell said: "Well Ken is Ken isn't he, really?"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35783651

Red Ken and paying their taxes...hmmm...

Livingstone actually lost for Labour in London. How terrible must he be?
  • Options
    Wada has revealed that there have been 99 positive tests for meldonium since the start of the year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35785322

There are a hell of a lot of elite athletes with dodgy tickers and terrible diabetes....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tim_B said:

RodCrosby said:
    Ah Jesse - another race baiter who always turns up unwanted and never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. I'm surprised Al Sharpton hasn't turned up yet.
    Your soon-to-be nominee Trump is not averse to the race baiting himself
    It is a potent tactic almost everywhere, not just among Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and black people
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Tim_B said:

EPG said:

Tim_B said:

Comic
    Why is Rubio so lazy? Was it due to diverting all his attention towards running for POTUS?
    I suspect the latter - that or worrying about the size of his hands.
  • Options

EPG said:

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick

No fan of Daily Heil, but its entirely fair that all information on scale of EU immigration is released. You can't have Cabinet Office putting weeks into pro-EU white papers but then say you can't release data on NI numbers because it could affect referendum.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    EPG said:

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick

Couldn't give a sh!t what side it helps,I want to know the truth,don't you.
  • Options

EPG said:

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick

No fan of Daily Heil, but its entirely fair that all information on scale of EU immigration is released. You can't have Cabinet Office putting weeks into pro-EU white papers but then say you can't release data on NI numbers because it could affect referendum.
    The Mail has little or no balance on most EU stories and are rivalling the daily express for Brexit. I want to see both arguments and at present the only reason the mail is delivered daily is because my wife likes the puzzles
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    The problem with the Daily Mail is like the boy who cried wolf. Because they constantly bang on about certain issues, when they have a genuine big story it just gets put down as oh look it the Daily Mail doing their anti-immigrant routine etc again.

I remember when they broke the expenses scandal with Jacqui Smith. The BBC wouldn't touch it for nearly 24hrs because it was the Mail and it sounded so ludicrous.
  • Options

Old Holborn

Not only her legacy, but also Europe's future.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    Yes! Should finally be able to make this one. Thanks Steve/OGH!
  • Options

Old Holborn

Two 10-year-old schoolgirls molested and a woman's trousers ripped off: Inside the sleepy Swedish town rocked by EIGHT sex attacks in three weeks by migrant men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3485473/The-small-Swedish-town-terrorized-string-sex-attacks-eight-assaults-past-three-weeks-leaves-women-terrified-walk-dark.html
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @suttonnick: Saturday's Telegraph front page:
    Welfare to be cut by £1bn to pave way for tax breaks
    #tomorrowspaperstoday https://t.co/Ffffle7xWu
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Dons noise cancelling headphones....as the squealing will be ear shattering.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    If you didn't read this earlier, you're missing lol funny. Brilliant.

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1346147-quiz-are-you-dundonian-enough-to-be-in-a-bbc-question-time-audience/
  • Options

Old Holborn

Two 10-year-old schoolgirls molested and a woman's trousers ripped off: Inside the sleepy Swedish town rocked by EIGHT sex attacks in three weeks by migrant men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3485473/The-small-Swedish-town-terrorized-string-sex-attacks-eight-assaults-past-three-weeks-leaves-women-terrified-walk-dark.html
    Women should never feel they can't go out at night in their own towns.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited March 2016
    Each camp in the EU debate must be praying that Ken will endorse the other side.
  • Options

If you didn't read this earlier, you're missing lol funny. Brilliant.

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1346147-quiz-are-you-dundonian-enough-to-be-in-a-bbc-question-time-audience/

Bloody immigrants taking all the QT audience spaces...
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    Scott_P said:

All very well announcing this - but what is the chance of it actually happening?

Will it be rejected in the Lords?

I know they can't change a Finance Bill but who knows - they are very ingenious at blocking things.
  • Options

Old Holborn

Absolutely and we need to ensure we do not take any migrants direct from Europe
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Showing once again Osborne isn't committed to cutting the deficit. Shrinking the state always comes first.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4QYiztrLo

Could be even more lively than St Louis.

Great way to motivate the Bernie supporters too. The bigger the robbery by Hillary, the less will show up for her at the GE.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @PickardJE: VoteLeave mole. "You've had their Project Fear: now it's time for our Project Fear."
    Warnings re Turkey accession & migrant impact on NHS.
  • Options

Old Holborn

This may not be just a problem at night, as I recall a heated German town meeting recently where many were worried about their children and grandchildren on their journeys to and from school.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@PickardJE: VoteLeave mole. "You've had their Project Fear: now it's time for our Project Fear."

Countering Project Fear, with Project Lie.

Awesome. I'm so proud of my fellow human beings.
  • Options

Old Holborn

It's embarrassing that the BBC and other mainstream news outlets are refusing to report this sort of thing, leaving it to the likes of the Mail, Express, Breitbart and Russia Today to do so.
  • Options

Old Holborn

This may not be just a problem at night, as I recall a heated German town meeting recently where many were worried about their children and grandchildren on their journeys to and from school.
    You couldn't make this stuff up - History will record that Merkel just lost it all together
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited March 2016

Old Holborn

My sister decided against holidaying in Germany and is instead going to Milan due to her concerns about safety. A very sorry state of affairs when women are terrified of holidaying in certain Western European countries.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

Great way to motivate the Bernie supporters too. The bigger the robbery by Hillary, the less will show up for her at the GE.
    Q. How many Trump voters are bringing potential violence into Democrat meetings or those of other Republican candidates?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    AndyJS said:

Old Holborn

It's embarrassing that the BBC and other mainstream news outlets are refusing to report this sort of thing, leaving it to the likes of the Mail, Express, Breitbart and Russia Today to do so.
    The thing is unlike UK stories that the likes of the BBC turn a blind eye to because it is in the Mail, these stories are just the Mail reporting what local newspapers (often not the local equivalent of the Mail) are reporting. Der Spiegel for instance.

Funny how when Der Spiegel had the wikileaks cables they were all over it.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

My sister decided against holidaying in Germany and is instead going to Milan due to her concerns about safety. A very sorry state of affairs when women are terrified of holidaying in Western Europe.
    My wife and I have cancelled a cruise going to the Greek Islands, Athens and Istanbul and sadly they are pretty much the only places we haven't been to. Instead we are taking our children, their partners and our grandchildren to Tuscany which we consider safe apart from the prospect of bumping into Polly Toynbee
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

My sister decided against holidaying in Germany and is instead going to Milan due to her concerns about safety. A very sorry state of affairs when women are terrified of holidaying in certain Western European countries.
    A full hijab would probably increase safety, but I suppose many would regard that as a bit of a holiday dampener.
  • Options
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

Q. How many Trump voters are bringing potential violence into Democrat meetings or those of other Republican candidates?
    Noone shows up to Hillary rallies to be fair !
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,472
    rcs1000 said:

Scott_P said:

Do migrants not have an impact on the NHS?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,820
    rcs1000 said:

Scott_P said:

With any luck both sides using shady tactics will cancel each other out.
  • Options

MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

My sister decided against holidaying in Germany and is instead going to Milan due to her concerns about safety. A very sorry state of affairs when women are terrified of holidaying in Western Europe.
    My wife and I have cancelled a cruise going to the Greek Islands, Athens and Istanbul and sadly they are pretty much the only places we haven't been to. Instead we are taking our children, their partners and our grandchildren to Tuscany which we consider safe apart from the prospect of bumping into Polly Toynbee
    I hear Guantanamo Bay is nice this time of year and 0% chance of bumping into Polly there ;-)
  • Options

MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

I hear Guantanamo Bay is nice this time of year and 0% chance of bumping into Polly there ;-)
    Great comment but think we will stick with Tuscany
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Well make sure in addition to plenty of suncream you take the complimentary copy of the Daily Mail off the plane with you. That should ensure that she doesn't come within about 50 miles of you.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

We took our three girls, husbands and seven grandkids to Center Parcs for Christmas, not quite Tuscany but it was brilliant.

Lake Garda for me and the wife, plus three days in Paris to see Springsteen, which will be heavy on security. Then most of August in Cornwall, my favourite place in the world.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

I suspect that the white, Christian people in Italy are no more or less likely to attack women than the brown, Muslim people in Germany. Unfortunately, violence against women by white men is common and banal, while violence by brown Muslims is newsworthy because it panders to the prejudices of white men
  • Options

Well make sure in addition to plenty of suncream you take the complimentary copy of the Daily Mail off the plane with you. That should ensure that she doesn't come within about 50 miles of you.
    Yes and my wife loves the puzzles
  • Options
    edited March 2016

We took our three girls, husbands and seven grandkids to Center Parcs for Christmas, not quite Tuscany but it was brilliant.

Lake Garda for me and the wife, plus three days in Paris to see Springsteen, which will be heavy on security. Then most of August in Cornwall, my favourite place in the world.

Hi Dave......
  • Options
    EPG said:

MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

I suspect that the white, Christian people in Italy are no more or less likely to attack women than the brown, Muslim people in Germany. Unfortunately, violence against women by white men is common and banal, while violence by brown Muslims is newsworthy because it panders to the prejudices of white men
    You can't really believe what you've just written.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

Hi Dave......
    LOL!
  • Options
    When they run stories about Muslim men committing assaults and violence against women, there's questions about why the Islamofascist BBC isn't devoting a full 120-minute hate every day to the topic
    When they run stories about white men committing assaults and violence against women, it's endless moaning about how the statistics are wrong and Feminazis think all men are rapists
  • Options

MP_SE said:

Old Holborn

We have had family Xmas at Center Parcs for several years and it is magical for the grandchildren.
This discussion has been closed.