Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bush gets his mojo back in the most explosive GOP debate ye

SystemSystem Posts: 11,704
edited February 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bush gets his mojo back in the most explosive GOP debate yet

Just caught up on the overnight GOP TV debate ahead of next weekend’s crucial South Carolina primary and what a humdinger it was. The 5.1 contenders still in the race (Carson is the 0.1) were at each other hammer and tongues right from the start. It made great TV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    It won't be Bush.
    It was never going to be Bush, for the simple reason that even republicans hate the Bush family, it's not a coincidence that Jeb is the only one with negative favourable numbers inside the republican party that is still running.

Jeb can spend tens of millions in his campaign (and he already has) but won't get any votes (as he already discovered).
    He's in it just to beat Rubio and prove he's the better of the two floridians.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited February 2016
    The reason Jeb got a good reaction from the audience was because the RNC stuffed it with estbalishment Republicans.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited February 2016
    Aston Villa at home vs Liverpool.
    2-0 down.
    Aston Villa have had zero shots on target. Liverpool 4, leading to 2 goals. AV only 38% possession at home.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    If Jeb is going to be the main challenger to Trump he will have to beat Cruz and take second place in South Carolina, at the moment that still looks unlikely
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,553
    Haha - nice to see Jeb getting his turn at being the establishment's great white anti-Trump hope.
  • Options
    Interesting to see Jeb's son, George P Bush in the audience, he rather than Jeb is the most likely next Bush president in my view
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    "As the clip above shows he got a good reaction from the South Carolina audience."

It was a GOP establishment audience though:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/loyal-supporters-of-gop-granted-tickets-to-debate-in-greenville/37950532

"Chad Groover, chairman of the Greenville County Republican party.

Groover said supporters who work hard for the party will be rewarded tickets."

"Groover said the Republican National Committee gives a lot of tickets to supporters. He said more are then allocated for the state party to distribute among the county chairs."

"Groover said he gave tickets to supporters, including elected officials, who work hard for the party."

I knew it the moment the debate started when the candidates were introduced, the only ones who got any cheering where Bush and Rubio.
    So it was an audience of Bush-Rubio voters, Bush being cheered by his supporters can not be indicative of the wider reaction.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,967
    FPT wine snobbery is a bit silly.

But I don't doubt some wines and foods go better together than others. White wine and Rose with most fish, full-bodied reds with beef or venison, lighter reds with chicken, is not a bad rule of thumb.

I do find that Normandy cider goes very well with roast pork.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    edited February 2016
    I'm from the Blue Nun, Black Tower and Mateus Rose generation :smiley:

Oh, and Bulls Blood!
    Sean_F said:

But I don't doubt some wines and foods go better together than others. White wine and Rose with most fish, full-bodied reds with beef or venison, lighter reds with chicken, is not a bad rule of thumb.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    HYUFD said:

Interesting to see Jeb's son, George P Bush in the audience, he rather than Jeb is the most likely next Bush president in my view

The american people will never vote for a Bush for high office ever again.
    Like the Kennedies and the Roosevelts and the Nixons, that ship has sailed.
    Even Hillary has issues getting the votes and Bill was the most popular president in modern history.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SeanT said:

Great. We're gonna lose to ITALY.

England still 2 points ahead and just scored a try!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Even Hillary has issues getting the votes and Bill was the most popular president in modern history.
    I disagree, after 2 terms of Hillary there is a chance the next 2 presidents will be George P Bush (presently Texas Land Commissioner and future Texas Senator or Governor) and then Joseph P Kennedy III, Bobby's grandson and a Massachusetts Congressman
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Bush
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy_III
  • Options
    John Rentoul
    Net favourability, parties. Con -14 ↑4, Lab -21 ↓5, UKIP -26 ↓1, Lib Dem -27 ↑10 Vs Mar 2015 ComRes @IndyOnSunday https://t.co/MhI3tFuREi
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

England still 2 points ahead and just scored a try!
    Hmpf. The flipping ref is well biassed against us. Grr. Boo.

Let's see.
    18-9 England now, they should win from here. England scored again, now 23-9!
  • Options
    Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Trump: 42
    Cruz: 20
    Rubio: 15
    Kasich: 9
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    FPT @Verulamius

RIP Eric Lubbock, 4th Baron Avebury. He was the Liberal victor at Orpington in 1962. A long a distinguished life, still attending the House of Lords regularly up until December.

There will now be a by-election for his hereditary seat in the House of Lords, with only hereditary LibDem peers entitled to vote.

Lib Dems, Winning Here!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

OK, that's a LOT better. Eia Eia Eia Alala!

Clearly they heard you and decided to step up a gear!
  • Options

Oh, and Bulls Blood!

Sean_F said:

Nowadays you can get very good Bull's Blood (properly called Egri Bikaver). Just outside Eger in northern Hungary you find it made and sold in The Valley Of The Beautiful Women, so called because after a few glasses all the women are beautiful.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Bill is probably the most gifted orator since Kennedy, Hillary could send you to sleep no matter how much coffee you drank.
  • Options

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

If Trump gets 42% in SC that will be more than the 40% Newt got in 2012 and the 33% McCain got in 2008 when they won the state although not as much as the 53% George W Bush got in 2000
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina_primary
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Just read the last thread.

The hostility was really funny - especially seanT randomly interjecting to rationalise and universalise his own homophobia.

Funny how peoples minds work sometimes.
  • Options

Oh, and Bulls Blood!

Sean_F said:

Nowadays you can get very good Bull's Blood (properly called Egri Bikaver). Just outside Eger in northern Hungary you find it made and sold in The Valley Of The Beautiful Women, so called because after a few glasses all the women are beautiful.
    What do you think of Tokay? I think it tastes like cough medicine, but people pay a fortune for it.
  • Options

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-south-carolina-still-solidly-for-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Oh, and Bulls Blood!

Sean_F said:

What do you think of Tokay? I think it tastes like cough medicine, but people pay a fortune for it.
    I adore it. My other half has to be careful about blood sugar, so it's a rare treat now.

I have some Essencia for a very special occasion. It's magical stuff.
  • Options

Oh, and Bulls Blood!

Sean_F said:

When I was a kid I loved Black Tower, and Mateus.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Villa 0 Liverpool 6

Liverpool finally work out how to beat a team wearing claret and blue.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Ndi9qaPAOvU
    Sean_F said:

Oh, and Bulls Blood!

Sean_F said:

When I was a kid I loved Black Tower, and Mateus.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    @Pong What price do you make Cruz if he gets the nomination ?
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

John Rentoul
    Net favourability, parties. Con -14 ↑4, Lab -21 ↓5, UKIP -26 ↓1, Lib Dem -27 ↑10 Vs Mar 2015 ComRes @IndyOnSunday https://t.co/MhI3tFuREi

There are circumstances in which this would be a tipping point... Miliband kept the knives at bay because, though it was fairly obvious he wasnt up to it, he was pulling in consistent polling leads, these proved to be (as Dan Hodges and the ever wise PBTories said) fools gold.

But Corbyn isnt even getting this. The government is all over the place on many issues, yet its position is improving, and Labour is getting worse.

Is there a possibility that we will see no sustained (two successive labour party polls leads by a single pollster) labour lead for the whole of this parliament?

I think even Hague managed that, though it was in the context of the fuel strikes.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-south-carolina-still-solidly-for-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/
    That is not a great lead for Hillary in SC. It's adequate but doesn't imply much breathing space nationwide.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    That
    Charles said:

FPT @Verulamius

RIP Eric Lubbock, 4th Baron Avebury. He was the Liberal victor at Orpington in 1962. A long a distinguished life, still attending the House of Lords regularly up until December.

There will now be a by-election for his hereditary seat in the House of Lords, with only hereditary LibDem peers entitled to vote.

Lib Dems, Winning Here!

That's the sort of constituency they need.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2016
    The see the 31 year old Obafemi Martins has gone to China...to quote a famous line out of the inbetweeners there is looking old and then there is....well...he was old and past it when he was at Newcastle 7 years ago. Even by the infamous "African Age" of footballers, he is starting to get into the Kanu territory.
  • Options
    notme said:

John Rentoul

There are circumstances in which this would be a tipping point... Miliband kept the knives at bay because, though it was fairly obvious he wasnt up to it, he was pulling in consistent polling leads, these proved to be (as Dan Hodges and the ever wise PBTories said) fools gold.

But Corbyn isnt even getting this. The government is all over the place on many issues, yet its position is improving, and Labour is getting worse.

Is there a possibility that we will see no sustained (two successive labour party polls leads by a single pollster) labour lead for the whole of this parliament?

I think even Hague managed that, though it was in the context of the fuel strikes.

Labour will have no opinion poll leads for as long as Corbyn is leader.

Politics in the UK is actually pretty tedious currently if you are on the centre left. There's no credible party to support and the EU referendum is a centre right/right issue that does not really engage us. Even in Scotland the debate is rather dull as independence is no longer a serious possibility now that everything the SNP claimed prior to the referendum has been shown to be wrong.

• Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Good second half by England. Italy are actually pretty solid, but they still lack fitness and when they get a bit behind (a couple of scores) they seem to lose all self-belief.

They could yet trouble Ireland and Wales.
  • Options

Even in Scotland the debate is rather dull as independence is no longer a serious possibility now that everything the SNP claimed prior to the referendum has been shown to be wrong.

Saying that should liven things up for you if that are any Nats within earshot ;)

• Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited February 2016
    Pulpstar said:

@Pong What price do you make Cruz if he gets the nomination ?

That's a really interesting scenario - If we assume Hillary, then it depends on what Bloomberg does.

If you had me at gunpoint, i'd go;

Without Bloomberg, 20% perhaps?

With Bloomberg, 50%?

I upped my position slightly on Cruz for the nomination and laid off some Cruz POTUS - I think the implied 6/4 or ~40% market approximation is on the high side, although IMO, he's still value for the nomination @ 7/1.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SeanT said:

A Corbyn poll lead is ALMOST impossible... I can only see one way it might happen: if REMAIN wins very narrowly, and the Tory party descends into outright civil war, as the members feel that Cameron betrayed the nation, etc etc.

A lot of ifs, however.

Indeed, but outright civil war is unlikely. They will ditch Cameron, appoint some sceptic leader who will kick out the few remaining europhiles from any position that matters, after which there will be a certain amount of bitching from the backbenches that will largely be ignored, and life will move on. Cameron might win in the country, his chances of winning in the party after the recent charade look very slim, lots of letters heading to the 1922 after the EURef, especially with no risk of Labour winning for the foreseeable future.
  • Options

Good second half by England. Italy are actually pretty solid, but they still lack fitness and when they get a bit behind (a couple of scores) they seem to lose all self-belief.

Lack fitness? Are you saying these players have been lounging on the sofa when they should have been at the gym?
  • Options

At least it will not be a totally miserable day of sport with that England win. The next three games will be much bigger tests though and ones that will put the team's defensive discipline under much greater pressure. The next two Six Nations, though, are surely more about the Lions. After the NZ tour is done, then the real planning for the World Cup can begin.

• Options
    Jeb was the only Republican to lay a glove on Trump at the previous debate as well, but it did not win him any votes. Last night was just a mess, and pundit reaction to it is all over the place as well, so it might be nice to see some polling.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%
    That is not a great lead for Hillary in SC. It's adequate but doesn't imply much breathing space nationwide.
    It's a terrible poll for Hillary, in black dominated S.Carolina and she gets less than 60.
    If she loses Nevada that could be a tipping point.

But here are the changes.

Trump +2
    Cruz -1
    Rubio +2
    Kasich +7
    Bush -2
    Carson -3

Ironic that in the thread titled "Bush gets Mojo back" he's level with Carson for dead last at 6% in S.Carolina.

Hillary -1
    Sanders +2
  • Options
    Mr. Dawning, no, but it's relative. If one team's fitter than another, then in the last quarter, that's a significant advantage.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Britons held in Greece over large guns stash

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35571438

Maureen can you get the pull out bed out, I think I need a nap....is not how it went down for "Carry on Caravaning" Jahadi special bonus edition.
  • Options
    Wops wopped – Huzzah.
  • Options

Jeb was the only Republican to lay a glove on Trump at the previous debate as well, but it did not win him any votes. Last night was just a mess, and pundit reaction to it is all over the place as well, so it might be nice to see some polling.

It seems that the Republican electorate pretty much automatically don't want anyone their party elite want, not I suppose a big surprise given that United Technologies scandal recently. The base want someone that is going to give jobs to Americans, not Asians.... hence Trump.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

Wops wopped – Huzzah.

Come on, beating Italy easily qualifies as shooting fish in a barrel. What's that, 21-0 in Internationals?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Is it me or has the latest poll challenged the great PB truth that David Cameron is more popular than his party??
  • Options
    Mr. M, Italy would've beaten France but for a dodgy decision by the referee, and they held on very well for most of the match. They've beaten every team in the Six Nations, except for England.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-who-won-the-cbs-news-republican-debate-2016/

"Thirty-two percent of these debate watchers say Marco Rubio won the debate, beating out Donald Trump (24 percent) and John Kasich (19 percent), who are ranked second and third, respectively. Further down on the list are Ted Cruz (12 percent), Ben Carson (8 percent), and Jeb Bush (5 percent)."

"Donald Trump has been leading national polls for months, and he is seen by Republican and independent debate watchers as the most likely -- with 42 percent -- of the six candidates to win in November should he get the nomination. But Marco Rubio comes in second (22 percent), beating out Ted Cruz (14 percent) by eight points."

"But when it comes to the candidate who is best prepared to be President, Republicans and independent debate watchers choose John Kasich first (22 percent), just edging out Donald Trump (20 percent) by two points."

"Donald Trump is the clear leader on values. Twenty-seven percent of Republicans and independents who watched the debate pick Trump as the candidate who most shares their values, with Ben Carson and Marco Rubio tied for second place, each with 16 percent. Rubio does better than Kasich among Republicans, while Kasich does better than Rubio among independents.

"Still, Donald Trump enjoys a strong leading position on all the issues measured in this poll: the economy, immigration, terrorism, and bringing needed change. Rubio comes in second - ahead of Cruz - on immigration. Kasich comes in second on the economy and jobs."

Next time OGH makes a thread with the title "Bush gets Mojo back" he should think twice.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

At least it will not be a totally miserable day of sport with that England win. The next three games will be much bigger tests though and ones that will put the team's defensive discipline under much greater pressure. The next two Six Nations, though, are surely more about the Lions. After the NZ tour is done, then the real planning for the World Cup can begin.

England look promising. Oodles of talent on the bench. And a coach who knows how to use them.

The forwards have been a worry. Over recent years, good teams have tended to outsmart and outscrum them. If Jones can fix that, then it will definitely get interesting.

• Options
    Some encouraging signs for England, but I still watch game after game and it seems like we can never get a complete set of passes across the whole line of backs each hitting the line at speed i.e. what you are taught as basics of back play in rugby. Too often it seems we are static and slow.
  • Options
    Let the horror show begin.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

SeanT said:

England look promising. Oodles of talent on the bench. And a coach who knows how to use them.

The forwards have been a worry. Over recent years, good teams have tended to outsmart and outscrum them. If Jones can fix that, then it will definitely get interesting.

We still are a world away from the Southern Hemisphere when it comes to playing to the new rules at the breakdowns. We are either not aggressive enough and stand off and wait, or go over the top / off our feet too often. The likes of Burger for SA and lots of the Ozzies in the WC showed how to do it.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    SeanT said:

FPT SeanT "I AM ALWAYS RIGHT"

Nearly as accurate as your referendum predictions... :smile:
  • Options
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%
    It's a terrible poll for Hillary, in black dominated S.Carolina and she gets less than 60.

She may well lose Nevada but the schedule then plays to her strength. However, she really needs Super Tuesday to be a knock-out blow as the next two rounds should favour Sanders. If she can check his momentum sufficiently on ST to keep him from winning those then job done. If not, then the nomination becomes a toss-up.
  • Options
    England have recently dominated world junior rugby, winning two U-20 world cups, and they are starting to see the fruits of that coming through into senior rugby now.

Club v. country will always be an issue for England, however, as it is for France. Wales bat way above their weight because the national team is really all that matters these days.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002

Britons held in Greece over large guns stash

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35571438

Maureen can you get the pull out bed out, I think I need a nap....is not how it went down for "Carry on Caravaning" Jahadi special bonus edition.

The old "Brits abroad" stereotype rearing its ugly head.. so cringe!
  • Options
    Yaya plays like a Sunday morning veteran nowadays.. how did he not get booked there?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited February 2016
    Rubio's price is ticking down on Betfair, last matched at 3.9

The comback is on. Cromwell is out lord and saviour, PBTOTY guaranteed.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I fail to see how that clip above helps Jeb, he has spent untold millions coming fourth or fifth in this race so far.

He doesn't address any of the actual points Trump made about 9/11 or the Iraq war 'lies'. He just goes on about his family.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%

She may well lose Nevada but the schedule then plays to her strength. However, she really needs Super Tuesday to be a knock-out blow as the next two rounds should favour Sanders. If she can check his momentum sufficiently on ST to keep him from winning those then job done. If not, then the nomination becomes a toss-up.
    It's all about momentum.
    And in a two way race a single vote counts for two, so it's easier to flip it.

Sanders is chipping Hillary's lead everyday, but he needs to continue and at a sufficient rate, time is his enemy and in Iowa he was a day or two short from winning.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Indigo said:

Even in Scotland the debate is rather dull as independence is no longer a serious possibility now that everything the SNP claimed prior to the referendum has been shown to be wrong.

Saying that should liven things up for you if that are any Nats within earshot ;)

Its balanced out by everything Better Together said being shown to be wrong as well.
  • Options

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%

Hillary is going to see Al Sharpton very soon, Sanders went this week, if he decided he prefers the cut of Sanders jib and gives him the endorsement, then it gets really interesting.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,369
    There's another SC poll showing Clinton much further ahead, and actually sampling slightly more recently:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/sc/south_carolina_democratic_presidential_primary-4167.html

Both polls are of just 400 voters, though.
  • Options
    taffys said:

I fail to see how that clip above helps Jeb, he has spent untold millions coming fourth or fifth in this race so far.

He doesn't address any of the actual points Trump made about 9/11 or the Iraq war 'lies'. He just goes on about his family.

Quite right - wishful thinking from the Trumpophobes. Bush just comes across a a victim.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,077
    Alistair said:

Indigo said:

Its balanced out by everything Better Together said being shown to be wrong as well.
    Exactly, everything they said would happen if we voted YES has come to pass, must be getting very embarrassing for their sockpuppets in Scotland.
    However given it was muppets like Scottp ,they still whinge on about SNPBAD, unbelievable how stupid they are.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Rubio's price is ticking down on Betfair, last matched at 3.9

The comback is on. Cromwell is out lord and saviour, PBTOTY guaranteed.

The only positive thing for Rubio from the debate poll numbers is that Bush might come dead last in S.Carolina, but he still might end up 4th behind Kasich.

So Bush will drop out, but he has too few votes in Nevada and nationally to boost Rubio anyway higher than 3rd.
  • Options
    I must admit, based on that video clip, I though Trump was quite powerful.

Yes, he's aggressive, disrespectful and rude, constantly interrupting Bush, but he does cut through and get his point across forcefully.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

everything they said would happen if we voted YES has come to pass

No, Scotland is not bankrupt, thanks to the Union..

You're welcome :smile:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Is South Carolina WTA for the DEMs ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sean_F said:

A better and simpler rule of thumb imo is simply to try and match intensity of flavour in the dish to body in the wine. The tasting notes will generally tell you this information.

Once that's achieved you can add a layer of enjoyment by matching characteristics (sweet dessert wine with dessert), which lessens the effect of both, or contrasting them (jammy Rose with salty Chinese food), which enhances the effect of both.

Wine 'snobbery', like Scotch whisky snobbery, or political betting snobbery, is as silly or otherwise as the people who are doing the snobbery. At its best it's people enjoying these things at a high level and welcoming others to do the same; at its worst its people trying to use it as a way to mark out their social superiority - and in my experience those people are often the people who know least and stick to some tried and trusted aphorisms or bandwagoning on to things like claiming to hate Chardonnay.
  • Options
    ''I must admit, based on that video clip, I though Trump was quite powerful.''

Bush comes across as the chief apologist for a republican establishment trying every last trick in the book to stop Trump and Cruz.

And let's face it, Bush brought his family into the campaign. He put his family on the stump, and so they are fair game.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Ye think?

The Yoons on here are getting lazy and repetitive, they're constantly failing the transparent trolling test (while often getting hooked themselves).
  • Options
    taffys said:

''I must admit, based on that video clip, I though Trump was quite powerful.''

Bush comes across as the chief apologist for a republican establishment trying every last trick in the book to stop Trump and Cruz.

And let's face it, Bush brought his family into the campaign. He put his family on the stump, and so they are fair game.

Clinton and Trump play family card in final hours before Iowa vote
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKX1v0aiXIo
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Alistair said:

Indigo said:

Exactly, everything they said would happen if we voted YES has come to pass, must be getting very embarrassing for their sockpuppets in Scotland.
    However given it was muppets like Scottp ,they still whinge on about SNPBAD, unbelievable how stupid they are.
    Genuine question - what are those predictions?
  • Options

The Yoons on here are getting lazy and repetitive

You mean like

TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP

?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I must admit, based on that video clip, I though Trump was quite powerful.

Yes, he's aggressive, disrespectful and rude, constantly interrupting Bush, but he does cut through and get his point across forcefully.

Trump is at his best when he tells things that are true or perceived to be true, but no one else dares to say it for reasons of courtesy.
    Everyone knows that Bush W. was a disaster of historical proportions for america, but Trump is the only one who dares to say it and in the face of the Bush family.

We kinda see how he would campaign against Hillary.
  • Options
    ''Everyone knows that Bush W. was a disaster of historical proportions for america, but Trump is the only one who dares to say it and in the face of the Bush family.''

In fact, wasn;t much of 9/11 actually planned during Clinton's presidency?
  • Options

notme said:

John Rentoul

Politics in the UK is actually pretty tedious currently if you are on the centre left. There's no credible party to support and the EU referendum is a centre right/right issue that does not really engage us. Even in Scotland the debate is rather dull as independence is no longer a serious possibility now that everything the SNP claimed prior to the referendum has been shown to be wrong.

Yes, if the union had never happened Scotland would now be asking to join up with Engalnd. Now that oil is no longer a viable commodity it's impossible to see how Scotland could survive as an autonomous unit. The SNP should be thanking their lucky stars that their bid for independence failed. Had it succeeded, Scotland would now be thumping on the World Bank's door.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    malcolmg said:

Alistair said:

Indigo said:

We told you your oil price projections were pish....
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324
    edited February 2016

malcolmg said:

Alistair said:

Indigo said:

And to think, the SNP claimed that Scotland would become one of the richest countries on earth off the back of that. Their actions actually imperilled a people and a nation.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Is it me or has the latest poll challenged the great PB truth that David Cameron is more popular than his party??

Yup.
  • Options

notme said:

John Rentoul

Yes, if the union had never happened Scotland would now be asking to join up with Engalnd. Now that oil is no longer a viable commodity it's impossible to see how Scotland could survive as an autonomous unit. The SNP should be thanking their lucky stars that their bid for independence failed. Had it succeeded, Scotland would now be thumping on the World Bank's door.
    And the flow of migrants heading south of Hadrian's Wall would make the Syria - Turkey border look like a flag day in Aberdeen....
  • Options
    I see the ammunition those plucky Britons were smuggling through Greece has gone up from 40,000 rounds to 200,000.....
  • Options
    ''Yup.''

Thanks. The other question I have is how can the conservatives be so far ahead when they are clearly split down the middle on the referendum??

• Options

malcolmg said:

Alistair said:

Indigo said:

'£200 billion oil boom'
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261
    edited February 2016
    Scott_P said:

The Yoons on here are getting lazy and repetitive

You mean like

TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP
    TURNIP

?
    You certainly seem to repeat it a lot, that's what passes for biting wit in the Yoon migrant jungle I suppose. Better than calling women politicians 'c*nts' I guess.
  • Options

I see the ammunition those plucky Britons were smuggling through Greece has gone up from 40,000 rounds to 200,000.....

With all those asylum seekers knocking around in Greece things can get a bit dicey, so best to go well prepared on your caravaning holiday...
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited February 2016
    taffys said:

''Yup.''

Thanks. The other question I have is how can the conservatives be so far ahead when they are clearly split down the middle on the referendum??

Currently it's a healthy Leave v Remain debate during a referendum buildup, so its not seen as a classic division.

If it becomes a nasty, bitter, blue on blue attack with personal attacks on each other then the Tories will be seen as divided.

Besides given how divided Labour is, the Tories Europe divisions must seem rather quaint.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

That's Greek inflation for you.

• Options
    edited February 2016

Brits have always brought home stuff they shouldn't from holiday... arms & ammunition are the new booze & fags... embrace the diversity!
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited February 2016
    Just scanning the threads of late..All you Tory Cameron haters are certainly going to miss him when he goes....time you all took a good look around.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

Just scanning the threads of late..All you Tory Cameron haters are certainly going to miss him..time you all took a good look around.

Oh pish. Can we stop throwing 'phobic' and 'haters' around. There aren't many teenagers posting here.

I admired Cameron and he's pissed that away by telling lies of almost Blairish proportions.
  • Options
    taffys said:

''Yup.''

Because we pretty much agree on everything else....?

Oh, and everyone else is split on everything else?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Can't touch him

Sam Stein
    CBS poll on SC

Dems
    Clinton 59%
    Sanders 40%

It's all about momentum.
    And in a two way race a single vote counts for two, so it's easier to flip it.

Sanders is chipping Hillary's lead everyday, but he needs to continue and at a sufficient rate, time is his enemy and in Iowa he was a day or two short from winning.
    I agree. It's entirely possible he could come up just short in Nevada too. Still not really sure why Hillary polls so well with the black community other than Bill. Sanders' domestic program is in many ways a better fit given the disproportionate low-income families there.

The same point about momentum applies equally well, if not more so, for the GOP.

I don't really agree with Mike's 5.1 candidate assessment; it's more 4+2. The question is, who will be left standing after SC?

Trump, obviously; Cruz, as the leading non-Trump; Rubio, as the leading candidate that the establishment could be reasonably happy with; and Bush, because he has the money. Kasich and Carson, by contrast, could both be eliminated by a bad result. I've no idea why Carson is still in the race at all, while Kasich needs to follow up on NH (which, to be fair, the poll gives some evidence of him doing). However, if he can't then he's in no position to fight on.

What would be interesting would be if only Carson dropped out. More of his votes should go to Cruz than anywhere else, which would tend even more towards a two-horse race, with Cruz closing on Trump and pulling further clear of the field. For that reason, I can see a lot of establishment pressure being put on Kasich if Bush outpolls him.
  • Options
    taffys said:

''Everyone knows that Bush W. was a disaster of historical proportions for america, but Trump is the only one who dares to say it and in the face of the Bush family.''

In fact, wasn;t much of 9/11 actually planned during Clinton's presidency?

Probably. Iraq, the Afghan occupation, financial regulation and the response to the banking crisis were all on his watch though. (The regulation wasn't entirely his fault but a more watchful executive would have done better).
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Is South Carolina WTA for the DEMs ?

No, 35 delegates are allocated proportionately by congressional district (these vary between 3 for District 3, and 8 for District 6 - I believe the number of delegates reflects the Democrat strength in the relevant districts). On top of that, 18 delegates are essentially a WTA bonus up for grabs.
This discussion has been closed.