Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Antifrank on the choices of Jeremy Corbyn

SystemSystem Posts: 11,699
edited September 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Antifrank on the choices of Jeremy Corbyn

Since being elected Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn has wandered into controversy after controversy.  Some of a these have been narrowly political but many have not.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047
    edited September 2015
    First.

At almost 7am?

And the point about our “constitution” is that it isn’t written, and is therefore flexible.At one time, I suspect, it would have been de rigeur to wear a morning suit for, perchance, one’s first Privy Council attendance, and there was tut-tutting when someone .... Nye Bevan? .... didn’t. Similarly a requirement for attendance at a sporting occasion, even a very significant one, would have been surprising to our forebears; now non-attendance is a matter for comment.

These things change and move on.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Far chance of Corbyn changing his ways.. Lots of rows coming up in the next few months.,.. Popcorn time.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

First.

At almost 7am?

And the point about our “constitution” is that it isn’t written, and is therefore flexible.At one time, I suspect, it would have been de rigeur to wear a morning suit for, perchance, one’s first Privy Council attendance, and there was tut-tutting when someone .... Nye Bevan? .... didn’t. Similarly a requirement for attendance at a sporting occasion, even a very significant one, would have been surprising to our forebears; now non-attendance is a matter for comment.

Things do indeed move on. Much of the tradition of parliament is obscurantist to the voters. I am sure that only a tiny percentage could describe the function of the Privy Council.

Nonetheless it seems foolish to accumulate further enemies when they are already numerous. More significant is going to be his political behaviour rather than his social behaviour. The sleight of hand to avoid debating Trident will not have gone down well with his supporters.
  • Options

First.

At almost 7am?

Things do indeed move on. Much of the tradition of parliament is obscurantist to the voters. I am sure that only a tiny percentage could describe the function of the Privy Council.

Nonetheless it seems foolish to accumulate further enemies when they are already numerous. More significant is going to be his political behaviour rather than his social behaviour. The sleight of hand to avoid debating Trident will not have gone down well with his supporters.
    A man full of principles until he realises its a problem and then he is duplicitous as the next politician..

He is nothing special, just a leader with bonkers policies.. end of story
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334
    Thanks for another interesting article antifrank, which more or less parallels what is written here by Shaun Lawson:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/shaun-lawson/corbyn-mostly-right-message-but-worst-possible-messenger

I disagree with Lawson in some ways (I have had his choices that he comments that the commentariat are 'sneering' at Corbyn's supporters over, which is one reason why I'm so appalled that Corbyn rather than somebody passably sane is leading the only significant party of opposition) but it's interesting to note that he's also on about the messenger even though he's fully supportive of the message.
  • Options
    Is this the new politics way of saying JCIC?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

JCICIPC? (Jezza is crap is Privy Counsellor?)
  • Options
    RobD said:

We are waiting for the definitive from Jack W..
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited September 2015
    What vital issue to the country will Labour refuse to discuss today..or are they waiting for Big Len to wake up and tell them....what a shambles..
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

Mr. Antifrank, indeed. It's not especially fair or right, but we do judge by appearance.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Ho hum. JC and WB on one thread and it's only eight o'clock!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,955
    edited September 2015
    Our constitution is flexible, and if conventions and expected modes of behaviour no longer fit they will b replaced when they cause difficulty. I think some of the criticism of Corbyn's obstinacy is overdone. Nevertheless, find the general point of bagehot to be sound, and where something does no harm, like most of the more 'dignified' elements, there's nothing heroic in the stubbornness in not playing by the rules of the game.

Doesn't mean you should not test which rules of that game are actually harmful, but just resisting for its own sake is unnecessary and distracts from what you ant to do. If the rules no longer serve any purpose they will,fall,on their own or when in power you can legislate them away by putting actual rules not conventions in play.

As for media perceptions and public events, well, I think the furore was overdone, but better to,play it safe than risk the wrong impression making some point most people won't care about. Everyone does it, you don't talk, dress or act in the same way for all situations.

Ps a bit shorter than some previous offerings, I hope antifrank didn't take the criticism of a few malcontents to heart. :)
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    edited September 2015
    Michael Deacon nailed Comrade Corbyn's slipperiness on Marr - I was AMAZED that so many supposedly sharp political commentators fell for his obfuscation, issue avoidance and ridiculous excuses just because he wasn't using a megaphone. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11894559/Labour-conference-2015-Jeremy-Corbyn-starts-spinning.html
    Six times Jeremy Corbyn seemed happier to dodge rather than answer the question:

1. When asked 'Do you condemn John McDonnell for praising the IRA?'
    Corbyn stormed into his car and slammed the door
    2. When asked: 'Will you campaign to leave the EU?'
    It took Mr Corbyn three days to clarify, in an editorial, that Labour would fight to remain in the EU
    3. When asked 'Why no women in the top posts of your cabinet?'
    He simply walked on in silence, calling out to a staffer, "there is people bothering me"
    4. When asked 'Why didn't you sing the national anthem?'
    Corbyn refused to explain himself to reporters, simply dashing to his car
    5. When asked 'Will you ever sing the national anthem?
    Corbyn could only respond that he would "take part fully" in future events
    6. When asked ' Will you kneel before the Queen when you're sworn in?'
    He replied: "Haven't been invited yet. I haven't made up my mind..."

First.

At almost 7am?

A man full of principles until he realises its a problem and then he is duplicitous as the next politician..

He is nothing special, just a leader with bonkers policies.. end of story
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Our constitution is flexible, and if conventions and expected modes of behaviour no longer fit they will b replaced when they cause difficulty. I think some of the criticism of Corbyn's obstinacy is overdone. Nevertheless, find the general point of bagehot to be sound, and where something does no harm, like most of the more 'dignified' elements, there's nothing heroic in the stubbornness in not playing by the rules of the game.

Doesn't mean you should not test which rules of that game are actually harmful, but just resisting for its own sake is unnecessary and distracts from what you ant to do. If the rules no longer serve any purpose they will,fall,on their own or when in power you can legislate them away by putting actual rules not conventions in play.

As for media perceptions and public events, well, I think the furore was overdone, but better to,play it safe than risk the wrong impression making some point most people won't care about. Everyone does it, you don't talk, dress or act in the same way for all situations.

Ps a bit shorter than some previous offerings, I hope antifrank didn't take the criticism of a few malcontents to heart. :)

One should always listen to constructive criticism.
  • Options
    I think JC's got a hearing. Not from Tory Peebies, of course, who'd be perfectly happy if every Labour supporter fell under a number 11 bus, but from those who are not committed but nonetheless interested in politics.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

kle4 said:

One should always listen to constructive criticism.
    That hardly seems in keeping with the age of corbynism; one should only listen to the like minded!

I kid, corbynistas.
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    Oooh 'Corbyn needs a makeover' - what a facile article.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Labour once again fails to recall that Robin Hood wanted less taxation, not more:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34375702

A Robin Hood tax makes as much sense as a Casanova chastity belt.
  • Options
    I'm already sick of hearing "this is the new politics" - no it isn't. And McDonnell saying it 10x in 5 mins isn't going to convert me either.

He's asking for access to the OBR and BoE models today. I wonder what GO will say. Yes seems an unlikely answer. He avoided answering about who's in charge of Labour.

I've no idea - it seems like Uncle Len over Defence.

• Options
    I see another German minister is being accused of academic plagiarism - is this just a thing in Germany? I know our scandals are generally small scale stuff from the old days, but such an unsexy type of scandal to,have. Besides, I'd heard Martin Luther King plagiarised his doctorate and it did him no harm,
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I see another German minister is being accused of academic plagiarism - is this just a thing in Germany? I know our scandals are generally small scale stuff from the old days, but such an unsexy type of scandal to,have. Besides, I'd heard Martin Luther King plagiarised his doctorate and it did him no harm,

Not just Germany:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17586128
  • Options
    X is crap is Y is the worst shorthand we've ever had on here. It isn't even grammatically correct.
    RobD said:

• Options
    Meanwhile, it seems that Jeremy Corbyn has started well in Wales:

@election_data: @YouGov poll for ITV Wales (change since June):
    Lab 42% (+5)
    Con 26% (-2)
    UKIP 16% (+1)
    PC 10% (-2)
    LD 5% (+1)
  • Options
    edited September 2015

X is crap is Y is the worst shorthand we've ever had on here. It isn't even grammatically correct.

RobD said:

But nothing really summed up the days polls like 'EICIPM'. I think it'll be seen in a few of our headstones *ahem*
  • Options

I'm already sick of hearing "this is the new politics" - no it isn't. And McDonnell saying it 10x in 5 mins isn't going to convert me either.

He's asking for access to the OBR and BoE models today. I wonder what GO will say. Yes seems an unlikely answer. He avoided answering about who's in charge of Labour.

I've no idea - it seems like Uncle Len over Defence.

I agree on the new politics. One of my pet peeves is when successful groups or parties overdo how transformative they supposedly are, as if they do everything in an entirely new way, which is very rarely the case.its generally a transparent attempt to present opponents as has Beene and tap into an anti political mood, no matter how ridiculous - Andy burnham and even Jen bush trying to present as outsiders, which is a way of claiming to be of a new politics, springs to mind.
  • Options
    Corbyn has a natural dignity which Cameron wholly lacks. Despite Eton and Oxford Dave lacks class.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,561
    edited September 2015
    Corbyn bounce in Wales

Welsh Poll. Changes since June

Labour 42% (+5)
    Conservative: 26% (-2)
    UKIP: 16% (+1)
    Plaid Cymru: 10% (-2)
    Liberal Democrats: 5% (+1)
    Greens: 2% (-1)

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-09-28/welsh-labours-corbyn-bounce/
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Corbyn has a natural dignity which Cameron wholly lacks. Despite Eton and Oxford Dave lacks class.

I don't see that either lacks dignity generally. Cameron can cut a cruel jibe on occasion, but then we have pmqs for moments of theatre like that and I presume he has natural dignity as one of the praises and criticisms of him is a natural 'looks and sounds like a pm' thing - criticism as some think that's all it is, with no substance behind it - and I'm sure a shouty or evasive Corbyn will appear less dignified than his soft spoken standard approach.
  • Options
    I see a top Unite Exec bod has been caught agitating for deselections - frontpage Times http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4569748.ece
  • Options
    Assembly constituency part

Labour: 39% (+4)
    Conservatives: 23% (no change)
    Plaid Cymru: 18% (-2)
    UKIP: 13% (-1)
    Liberal Democrats: 6% (+1)
    Greens: 2% (-1)

List part

Labour: 34% (+2)
    Conservatives: 24% (+2)
    Plaid Cymru: 18% (-2)
    UKIP: 14% (no change)
    Liberal Democrats: 5% (no change)
    Greens: 4% (no change)
    Others: 2% (-1)
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited September 2015
    kle4 said:

I don't see that either lacks dignity generally. Cameron can cut a cruel jibe on occasion, but then we have pmqs for moments of theatre like that and I presume he has natural dignity as one of the praises and c
    kle4 said:

I don't see that either lacks dignity generally. Cameron can cut a cruel jibe on occasion, but then we have pmqs for moments of theatre like that and I presume he has natural dignity as one of the praises and criticisms of him is a natural 'looks and sounds like a pm' thing - criticism as some think that's all it is, with no substance behind it - and I'm sure a shouty or evasive Corbyn will appear less dignified than his soft spoken standard approach.
    Corbyn is an old school Don Quixote type gent, Cameron reeks of City money and social insecurity.
  • Options

kle4 said:

I don't see that either lacks dignity generally. Cameron can cut a cruel jibe on occasion, but then we have pmqs for moments of theatre like that and I presume he has natural dignity as one of the praises and c
    kle4 said:

Corbyn is an old school Don Quixote type gent, Cameron reeks of City money and social insecurity.
    Eye of the beholder - I get more of geography teacher vs estate agent type of vibe from them to be honest.

• Options
    edited September 2015

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Have you ever made a positive comment on PB about anything?
  • Options
    We will be discussing Camerons bald spot next...such is trivia..speaking of which..what is being discussed at the conference today..or not..
  • Options
    Labour really should have elected Tristram Hunt as leader. He's a lot like me, a top historian with a wonderful turn of phrase.

Tristram Hunt: "We might feel like a pig's head at the Piers Gaveston club [but] we must get the taste of defeat out of our mouths"
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    Is it sensible for McDonnell to be criticising the BoE for failing to meet the inflation target by undershooting it so much? Does he really want inflation to be higher than it is now so that people get poorer faster?
  • Options
    DT live http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11895570/labour-conference-day-two-live.html

This is going to be a top popcorn day.
    Labour will unveil plans for the “redistribution of wealth” in the UK with a series of tax raids on the middle classes and a renewed attack on British business.

John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, will address Labour’s conference in Brighton and set out an economic plan that will include an income tax hike, scrapping the Conservative inheritance tax reforms and increasing corporation tax.
  • Options
    I have awarded myself the title Thread Killer, on many occasions no sooner do I enter the fray than NEW THREAD appears.

Perhaps I should take the hint
  • Options
    On topic, both Antifrank and I have both given Corbyn fashion advice in thread headers.

If only he'd listen.
  • Options
    Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak 5 mins5 minutes ago

McDonnell promising review of everything to 'test and test and test' policies before Labour makes decisions

IE the throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks method..

Usually ends up with a dogs dinner.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I think McDonnell will be like Ed Balls without the veneer of credibility - pugnacious Marxist.

He's got hard-man written all over him. Interestingly, Sky's paper reviewer [a psychologist] doesn't believe what he says despite looking all nice uncle.
    JonathanD said:

Is it sensible for McDonnell to be criticising the BoE for failing to meet the inflation target by undershooting it so much? Does he really want inflation to be higher than it is now so that people get poorer faster?

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    RobD said:

RobD said:

But nothing really summed up the days polls like 'EICIPM'. I think it'll be seen in a few of our headstones *ahem*
    Them Woz Days.
  • Options

First.

At almost 7am?

Ramsay Macdonald wore a morning suit and gold braid when kissing hands with King George V, which didn't do his left wing street cred any good. I agree that boundaries can be pushed (if Jeremy Corbyn briskly said that he was quite sure the Queen wouldn't mind if he didn't bend his knee, the problem would go away). But Jeremy Corbyn isn't just pushing boundaries, he's acting as if none of them exist. He's making his own job harder.
  • Options
    This is beyond parody.
    Mr McDonnell was found to have been urging militants to publicly confront Tory MPs and journalists who criticise Labour;
    Mr Corbyn called for pupils to be taught about the right to strike and other aspects of the nation’s ‘incredible socialist tradition’;

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3251373/Tax-war-middle-class-Return-politics-envy-Labour-s-team-call-new-economics-suggest-party-unashamedly-anti-austerity.html#ixzz3n18HUPTq
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    McDonnells speech promises to be good fun..lotsa popcorn needed ..
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    GeoffM said:

Today is the anniversary of William the Conqueror's invasion in 1066. Just sayin'

Illegal immigrant !
  • Options
    I saw McDonnell on SKY this morning, it looked as if he could lose his temper at any moment when interviewed by Eamonn Holmes. Top buttons aside, he and Corbyn are ill prepared for the grilling they're about to receive, for decades they've enjoyed the comfort zone of preaching to the gullible and converted.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

RobD said:

A formal announcement of the JackW approved Corbyn acronym is clearly awaited with barely concealed hysteria among the PB cognoscenti.

Informed speculation from sources close to the heart of the Jacobite conclave appear to indicate the wait is almost over ....

• Options

We will be discussing Camerons bald spot next...such is trivia..speaking of which..what is being discussed at the conference today..or not..

Has Rooney not given him any advice ?
  • Options
    He gives off I Know Where You Live vibes to me.

I saw McDonnell on SKY this morning, it looked as if he could lose his temper at any moment when interviewed by Eamonn Holmes. Top buttons aside, he and Corbyn are ill prepared for the grilling they're about to receive, for decades they've enjoyed the comfort zone of preaching to the gullible and converted.

• Options
    Succinct Mr Plato, he has a very threatening air about him. I can picture Andrew Neil rubbing his hands together and grinning.
  • Options

Rest assured Plato, while you are good, you're not that good !
  • Options
    Miss Plato, are you suggesting McD's offering may seem tasty, but is in fact bad for you? :p
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Good morning all. I shall be very interested to see what Mr McDonnell has to say.

Corbyn is, as others have said, giving the appearance of being a prisoner of Labour's varied special interests. McDonnell is yer proper class warrior.
  • Options
    Surbiton,,Rooney taught him how to kick balls...as for the bald patch..I don't think Cameron GAF
  • Options

Labour really should have elected Tristram Hunt as leader. He's a lot like me, a top historian with a wonderful turn of phrase.

Tristram Hunt: "We might feel like a pig's head at the Piers Gaveston club [but] we must get the taste of defeat out of our mouths"

Yeh, thats why he's always looked like a wanker! Bent mouth, bent arguments.
  • Options

RobD said:

I found Brown's BJ4BW mildly amusing for the double meanings.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr Antifrank,

I agree. Jezza should at least make an effort and wear his posh interview vest.
  • Options

First.

At almost 7am?

A tiny percentage could even tell you about the existence of the Privy Council. It can pardon a death row prisoner in Barbados !
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited September 2015
    I wonder if Corbyn will wear his special string vest for his speech...just to add that extra touch of class..
  • Options
    :smiley:

RobD said:

• Options

Miss Plato, are you suggesting McD's offering may seem tasty, but is in fact bad for you? :p

No, what Plato is saying, is that McDonnell would send round the SS/KGB if he had half the chance.
  • Options
    Yet again. WALES !! WALES !! WALES !!
  • Options
    Have just listened to another set of Polly smears and attacks on the Conservatives and the Mail/Telegraph. It went uninterupted and unchallenged on R4Today programme. It should have been just a discussion about the Labour Conference. Why do the BBC think it acceptable for an employee of one company to slag off their commercial rivals? Of course we just get used to the BBC's idea of political impartiality but surely attacks using BBC airtime on a commercial rival should be challenged and have opposing views?
  • Options
    For watchers - McDonnell speech scheduled for 12:15 today.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

First.

At almost 7am?

A tiny percentage could even tell you about the existence of the Privy Council. It can pardon a death row prisoner in Barbados !
    Not any more I think.
  • Options
    Mr. K, I know, I was making a rare foray into a pop culture reference :p
  • Options
    MikeK said:

No, what Plato is saying, is that McDonnell would send round the SS/KGB if he had half the chance.
    Half a chance? More like any slim chance.
  • Options

I wonder if Corbyn will wear his special string vest for his speech...just to add that extra touch of class..

A Rab C Nesbit special might help SLAB.
  • Options

Have just listened to another set of Polly smears and attacks on the Conservatives and the Mail/Telegraph. It went uninterupted and unchallenged on R4Today programme. It should have been just a discussion about the Labour Conference. Why do the BBC think it acceptable for an employee of one company to slag off their commercial rivals? Of course we just get used to the BBC's idea of political impartiality but surely attacks using BBC airtime on a commercial rival should be challenged and have opposing views?

Why do you thing that there is now a movement saying, "THE BBC MUST GO"?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I wish we could use the popcorn emoticon. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11895570/labour-conference-day-two-live.html
    Karl Marx has "come back in to fashion", according to shadow chancellor John McDonnell.

The author of Das Kapital was one of the "definitive analysts" of how the capitalist system works, although "people might disagree with his conclusions", Mr McDonnell said.

The shadow chancellor, a controversial appointment by Jeremy Corbyn following his victory in the Labour leadership race, has previously claimed "you can't understand the capitalist system without reading Das Kapital".
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137

RobD said:

...but expensive on the mind bleach.
  • Options

Mr. K, I know, I was making a rare foray into a pop culture reference :p

I realise that, but this morning my funny bone just ain't working.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359

First.

At almost 7am?

Yes - it's worth balancing the Bagehot points with a note that quite a lot of people feel that the formalities which Bagehot found reassuring seem to reinforce the Westminster bubble idea - politicians are all people in posh suits pursuing obscure rituals that in no way relate to normal life. A significant part of Corbyn's appeal, especially to younger people, is that he's clearly not like that. And the kind of traditional Labour voter who will rule someone out for such things is a dying breed.

That shouldn't stray into obstinacy - in his position I'd be careful to do up my top button in future rather than take a silly "no top button" stand on principle. But it's important that we don't reserve politics for people who model themselves on Bagehot.
  • Options
    @roger_scully: We should have some interesting Leader ratings from our new Welsh Political Barometer poll along later... And I do mean interesting.
  • Options
    JackW said:

RobD said:

A formal announcement of the JackW approved Corbyn acronym is clearly awaited with barely concealed hysteria among the PB cognoscenti.

Informed speculation from sources close to the heart of the Jacobite conclave appear to indicate the wait is almost over ....

Is it JCWAW?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    McDonnell is currently like a dog with a biscuit balanced on its nose. It is not a pose he can hold for long....
  • Options
    JackW said:

RobD said:

When will we see white smoke billowing from the Auchentennach Castle? :D
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    Partly because we had tons o' polls. Which was great :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    We don't need no stinkin' polls.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    Quite right. Polls that show the Tories on 50%+ are more than welcome, however!
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    No we don't need that either, as that might lead to Jezbollah being toppled.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

You're mistaking slyness for dignity.
  • Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11895590/University-student-union-bans-free-Tex-Mex-sombreros-for-being-racist.html
    University student union bans free Tex-Mex sombreros for being 'racist'
    University of East Anglia student union officials orders Tex-Mex restaurant to stop handing out free sombreros to students
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047
    Moses_ said:
    Telegraph attacks (and probably misinterprets) Labour policies.

Shock, Horror. Whodathunkit!
  • Options
    This is what McDonnell said in 2003

It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA." He later said that the "deaths of innocent civilians in IRA attacks is a real tragedy, but it was as a result of British occupation in Ireland. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process.

In a little while we'll all be able to recite that verbatim we'll have heard it that often.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    However the welsh seem to be lapping Jezza up, but then they would.

Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily 4m4 minutes ago
    YouGov/ITV (Wales Constituency) poll:

Conservative 23
    Labour 39 +4
    Lib Dem 6 +1
    Plaid Cymru 18 -2
    UKIP 13 -1
    Green 2 -1
    1:24 AM - 28 Sep 2015 · Details
  • Options
    edited September 2015

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    Damn, you're right. Harumph!
  • Options
    Cannot believe I am saying this..Labour desperately needs Balls..
  • Options

JackW said:

RobD said:

Is it JCWAW?
    No.

I feel JCWAW - "Jezza Corbyn What A Wally" fails to convey the appropriate dignity, gravitas and status that the JackW acronym now deservedly merits.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    RobD said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

When will we see white smoke billowing from the Auchentennach Castle? :D
    When the dungeons are emptied.

• Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Them Woz Days.
    Damn, you're right. Harumph!
    I'll be doing a string of pro Jez threads and threads on the lines of Labour would be mad to dump Jez.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Duplicate post.
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

Is it JCWAW?
    No.

I feel JCWAW - "Jezza Corbyn What A Wally" fails to convey the appropriate dignity, gravitas and status that the JackW acronym now deservedly merits.

Corbyn will be as successful as the Jacobite uprisings you mean?
  • Options

Both of them have the capability to go nuclear. The Sword of truth will get them in the end.. Noone will believe them when they continually try to cover up or misrepresent what they previously said and did.
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

Is it JCWAW?
    No.

You're forgetting, the primary purpose of the Jacobite uprisings, so crushingly defeated, was to prepare JackW's mind for what it would be like to say EMWNBPM in spite of all the polling evidence to the contrary. They are used to playing the long game, those Jacobites.
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

Is it JCWAW?
    No.

Further like minded references will result in you receiving a GDR related Dianne Abbott visit. :smile:

• Options
    How about teaching them about the evils of Communism and Marxism?http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11895043/Children-should-be-taught-about-suffering-under-the-British-Empire-Jeremy-Corbyn-says.html
    Every child should be taught about the negative impact and suffering caused by the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn has suggested.

Mr Corbyn told young Labour supporters that the national curriculum should be re-written to teach children about how the Empire expanded "at the expense of people".

He also suggested that the curriculum should be changed so that every child should be taught about the importance of the trade unions, his biggest backers.
  • Options

How about teaching them about the evils of Communism and Marxism?http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11895043/Children-should-be-taught-about-suffering-under-the-British-Empire-Jeremy-Corbyn-says.html

Every child should be taught about the negative impact and suffering caused by the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn has suggested.

Mr Corbyn told young Labour supporters that the national curriculum should be re-written to teach children about how the Empire expanded "at the expense of people".

He also suggested that the curriculum should be changed so that every child should be taught about the importance of the trade unions, his biggest backers.
    Get the brainwashing in young...