Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In a strange land

13»

Comments

• Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Disraeli said:

SeanT said:

All I can think of is leasing some sandy part of north Africa, and creating a safe haven - kind of like my "new European colonies" idea, but less incendiary. We'd have to police it and defend it, and it would cost. But as others have pointed out Hong Kong - which turned into a safe haven for fleeing Chinese - is now hugely successful.

Not perfect, but what is? I can't live with a Europe which lets hundreds of kids drown, day after day.

I think this idea has a lot of merit.

Asylum seekers mostly hope to return to their home communities once the crisis is over (IF it is ever over). Keeping them together rather than making a European diaspora out of them would enable the refugees to work in an expat community (hopefully temporary) where they would have no pressure to conform to a host community.
    Great idea. Let them elect a government in exile and train the young men up to form an army. When it is ready they can go back to Middle East and create a new state in the areas currently occupied by Assad and ISIS. Sorted.