Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » David Miliband won the 2010 LAB members ballot by 8.8% – th

13»

Comments

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048

Another neverendum...

I am pretty relaxed about the outcome, and quite happy with ever closer union. Does the EU currently adversely impact upon me? Not at all. Do I have significant advantages as a result of being in the EU? The answer is yes. I have protection via the EWTD that no British government ever brought in, and thd right to move anywhere in the EU that I choose. I can recruit excellent staff from Greece, Spain and Portugal with a minimum of beaurocracy and hassle.

If the vote goes for Out then I suspect that we will arrange an EEA or Swiss type arrangement that is in many ways much the same, though slightly inferior, and campaign for re-entry to the full EU. With young people being pro EU, the other demographic changes and the kippers ageing then I expect to be back in the EU as a full member within a decade or so.

Of course young people are pro EU. They have always been pro EU. Then they grow up, take on responsibility and start to think about things in a rather more measured and sensible way. Well most of them do. Some like you clearly do not.

The fact that you are content with the prospect of Ever Closer Union and don't think that people should even have the chance to vote on this matter (re your previous statements about being opposed to the referendum) shows how little you care about democracy. But then as I said you are a Lib Dem so that is no great surprise.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    Excellent article in the telegraph today by Bill Gates about International Aid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11688948/The-UK-should-be-proud-of-its-foreign-aid-and-what-it-achieves.html

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    eek said:

First!

This site may still be a 'kindergarten' but it is tedious, tiresome and tepid to still play the 'First' card. If I was junior I would unleash a Python (or some-such) upon your sanctity....

:unamused:
    First!

...to say it is all part of the fun.
    What would be more annoying is people saying

Last
    Last!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,249
    kle4 Indeed, makes tactical sense
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Last!