Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Now a fifth contender, Jeremy Corbyn, declares that he’s ru

SystemSystem Posts: 11,706
edited June 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Now a fifth contender, Jeremy Corbyn, declares that he’s running for LAB leader

Corbyn is going to have to get his skates on because nominations close a week on Monday and he’ll need 35 fellow MPs to support him just to get on the ballot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,608
    I formally propose dissolving the Tories for Burnham Group and now propose forming the Tories for Corbyn Group
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,083
    FPT:

FIFA official Chuck Blazer has admitted taking bribes for the South African and French world cups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/32998735
  • Options

I formally propose dissolving the Tories for Burnham Group and now propose forming the Tories for Corbyn Group

Was that formed out of DUEMA?
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    The Feds finally close in on Blatter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjzKiEs_pHI
  • Options

FPT:
    FIFA official Chuck Blazer has admitted taking bribes for the South African and French world cups.

No wonder the French supported Blatter in the recent election.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,442
    Good on him. If he gets 35, which i doubt, then the Labour left will not be able to say that their views were not discussed in the leaders debates.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

That's buggered it all up.
    So now who do I vote for with my £3 membership?
  • Options

Was that formed out of DUEMA?
    I was never a member of DUEMA, I was always saying, don't misunderestimate Ed Miliband
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

You have transferable votes.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,739
    Corbyn's second preferences will hurt Liz. And probably help Burnham.

And I am still undecided, but would welcome a fifth name on the ballot.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,171
    Danny565 (Last Thread) Agree entirely, Kendall needs to start making a real impact in the polls before her 'electability' argument can really take off. As long as Burnham leads with Labour voters and all voters he remains the man to beat.

(In 2005 I believe Cameron overtook Davis in the polls after his conference speech, but he had already slashed his lead after he had launched his campaign)
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

The election is conducted under AV, so you can vote for them both.

So give Corbyn your first preference, and Burnham your second pref.
  • Options
    TCPB Yougov's final prediction had the Tories as largest party, they just failed to predict the late swing which would give them a majority
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    I’d like to see Jeremy Corbyn get the required 35 MPs – it would certainly stimulate the debate and shake the others out of the comfort zones. – alas, I think he will struggle to achieve it.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Danny565 (Last Thread) Agree entirely, Kendall needs to start making a real impact in the polls before her 'electability' argument can really take off. As long as Burnham leads with Labour voters and all voters he remains the man to beat.

(In 2005 I believe Cameron overtook Davis in the polls after his conference speech, but he had already slashed his lead after he had launched his campaign)

Don't right off Yvette just yet.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

TCPB Yougov's final prediction had the Tories as largest party, they just failed to predict the late swing which would give them a majority

My recollection is that Yougov's on the day poll of people after they voted was badly out. My guess would be down to very poor sampling.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Karl Marx?

• Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,037
    edited June 2015
    Asked on last thread how my Lib Dem fact was useful - that being there is only one seat in common between their eight seats in 2015 and their twenty seats back in 1992, at which time they had seven in common with the Liberals' eleven in 1979.

It illustrates that they struggle when the Tories are popular and that relatively small differences can matter for their parliamentary base. FPTP is harsh to parties that are unpopular when their main rivals are popular. It's happened to the Liberals for most of their history and to the Tories in 1997-2005. It also illustrates that the trade-off for challengers in FPTP is often between broad demographic support and local fortresses, each of which can only go so far. Ukip can be considered basically a more unfortunate version of the Lib Dems with more demographic support and fewer fortresses.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,054

FPT:

I'm so used to professions of innocence, that at first glance I read it as that he 'denies' bribe taking. What a preposterous idea.
  • Options

GeoffM said:

If Corbyn gets on the ballot then Done!
  • Options
    Danny 565 October 2005 ICM poll here showing by that time Cameron did have a lead with all voters and Tories
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Politics/documents/2005/10/21/OctICMpoll.pdf
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JohnRentoul: I love "veteran" left-winger. Translation: daft as a brush for decades.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

If Corbyn gets on the ballot then Done!
    How awesome is AV, the best electoral system out there.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Good news for no-hopers like Corbyn and Labour, a turnaround is possible, Leics CC have today won their first match since 2012. Essex must be dire!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/32985881
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    This helps Andy Burnham with his electorate in the same way that UKIP's existence helped the Conservatives' image in the eyes of many voters. I still think that he's way too short at evens but he's less worse value than he was this morning.
  • Options

Step away from the keyboard...
  • Options

Karl Marx?

At the count I assisted at, I had a vote for the Labour candidate crop up with his name crossed out and Anuerin Bevin and Clement Attlee written in its place. Any in Labour particularly Bevin-esque or Attlee like? There's clearly at least one vote for them.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324
    edited June 2015
    Labour must must must must must elect Jeremy Corbyn as leader. As the eulogies for Charles Kennedy have demonstrated, there's a great swathe of opinion that longs for a politician whose principles transcend electoral convenience and the race to the mushy centre. Corbyn would eat the likes of Farage and Salmond for breakfast as a man standing apart from the established order. He is a moral man. He offers Labour a new and distinctive direction.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

It was the electoral system that made Ed Lab leader.

Plus, I'm doing a thread on AV for the weekend!
  • Options

FPT:

I might be wrong, but the wording on the article indicates that he accepted bribes in conjunction with the choice of SA, whilst the other was for the 1998 world cup. I.e. it was for a country other than France, when France won.

If that was the case, I wonder if they got their money back ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    There's going to be some upset and confused Kippers

UKIP to march in London’s Pride parade for the first time

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/06/03/ukip-to-march-in-londons-pride-parade-for-the-first-time/
  • Options

FPT:

I might be wrong, but the wording on the article indicates that he accepted bribes in conjunction with the choice of SA, whilst the other was for the 1998 world cup. I.e. it was for a country other than France, when France won.

Did we bid for that one???
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I'm not sure if you've mentioned that already.
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    'Austerity' is just code for 'spend spend spend', spend money we do not have.
  • Options
    ROFL
    None of Labour’s election day scenario planning involved the possibility of an overall Tory majority, leaving the deputy leader, Harriet Harman, without a script as she toured the television studios on the night of the party’s election defeat.

Miliband’s confidence that he would become prime minister had been bolstered by a final private poll delivered to him a week before the election showing Labour two points ahead among the electorate in the 86 battleground seats and his own favourability ratings nearly matching David Cameron.

Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s spin doctor, played an increasing role in the final weeks of the campaign.

Miliband was so unhappy that he had failed to mention the deficit in his party conference speech he shut himself in his hotel room with his wife and a few close aides.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/03/ed-miliband-plan-david-cameron-general-election-polls-wrong
  • Options

FPT:

Hey, if you want a single bribe to sway the outcome properly, you have to bribe the man at the top directly - and he can tell you how many other bribes are needed. Try to bribe a few here and there and you risk wasting your money, no one wants that.
  • Options

There's going to be some upset and confused Kippers

UKIP to march in London’s Pride parade for the first time

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/06/03/ukip-to-march-in-londons-pride-parade-for-the-first-time/

No doubt that it will rain on their parade...
  • Options

Labour must must must must must elect Jeremy Corbyn as leader. As the eulogies for Charles Kennedy have demonstrated, there's a great swathe of opinion that longs for a politician whose principles transcend electoral convenience and the race to the mushy centre. Corbyn would eat the likes of Farage and Salmond for breakfast as a man standing apart from the established order. He is a moral man. He offers Labour a new and distinctive direction.

Your last sentence works for me.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Corbyn will do well to get half the necessary nominations. If he is loaned nominations to get on the ballot it will be a pretty empty gesture, as the failure to attract the required nominations on merit will demonstrate his lack of support, and so the other candidates won't have to take him seriously in the hustings.

You can see in other parties and other countries the way in which minority political groups can organise to grow their influence over time, think of the R. Paul Presidential campaigns for example, but the Labour Left seems never to have recovered from the defeats of the 70s, 80s and 90s and is still in decline.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

We've been promised one before and been left wanting - the masses desiring an AV thread need reassuring.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@JohnRentoul: I love "veteran" left-winger. Translation: daft as a brush for decades.

It's bad news for Labour when MPs who kept their seat can't keep their seat.
  • Options
    rottenborough True, but Cooper has the opposite problem to Kendall, she needs to start appealing to Tory and UKIP voters as much as Kendall needs to start appealing to Labour voters and Scotland
  • Options
    kle4 said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

We've been promised one before and been left wanting - the masses desiring an AV thread need reassuring.
    I want an in/out referendum on the AV thread. With 16 yearolds allowed to vote.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rottenborough True, but Cooper has the opposite problem to Kendall, she needs to start appealing to Tory and UKIP voters as much as Kendall needs to start appealing to Labour voters and Scotland

Not yet. At the moment all she need do is win an internal, party-wide ballot.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    SD Agree entirely, hopefully Labour will elect Jeremy Corbyn, the Tories will elect Jacob Rees-Mogg to succeed Cameron and the LDs will elect Farron, then we get a real ideological choice, no mushy centre there
  • Options
    kle4 said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

The first one was superseded by events.

This new one is an up to date version.
  • Options
    TCPB It had the Tories ahead, but without a majority
  • Options
    I fully expect that Corbyn won't make it to the ballot paper, but would be great if he did, for democracy
  • Options
    Antifrank Indeed, it gives him an 'other' to pitch himself against
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

SD Agree entirely, hopefully Labour will elect Jeremy Corbyn, the Tories will elect Jacob Rees-Mogg to succeed Cameron and the LDs will elect Farron, then we get a real ideological choice, no mushy centre there

Owen Paterson vs Corbyn is the dream ticket. LibDem majority nailed on!
  • Options
    @JohnRentoul: That's torn it. @DAaronovitch has only gone & compared Liz Kendall to Thatcher http://t.co/KtvRMJCnYZ http://t.co/w5HB2pD3c0
  • Options

kle4 said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

I want an in/out referendum on the AV thread. With 16 yearolds allowed to vote.
    So long as no EU citizens get to vote*.

*including UK ones
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Scott_P said:

ROFL

None of Labour’s election day scenario planning involved the possibility of an overall Tory majority, leaving the deputy leader, Harriet Harman, without a script as she toured the television studios on the night of the party’s election defeat.

Miliband’s confidence that he would become prime minister had been bolstered by a final private poll delivered to him a week before the election showing Labour two points ahead among the electorate in the 86 battleground seats and his own favourability ratings nearly matching David Cameron.

Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s spin doctor, played an increasing role in the final weeks of the campaign.

Miliband was so unhappy that he had failed to mention the deficit in his party conference speech he shut himself in his hotel room with his wife and a few close aides.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/03/ed-miliband-plan-david-cameron-general-election-polls-wrong

You missed the best bits:

"Miliband’s own former advisers believe, but do not know for sure, the 8ft-high stone slab that set out his election pledges has been destroyed as planned, as one of its creators, Torsten Henricson-Bell, has ordered."

"the election result meant that Miliband never had the chance to make the offer, or relocate the 8ft high “Edstone” with its carved pledges to Downing Street.

It was intended to be destroyed, but a previous attempt to break it up had to be called off when the media discovered the location of in a south London warehouse.

Another plan for the stone to be broken up like the Berlin Wall, with the pieces sold for charity, was also rejected."

I guess my idea for a unique kitchen worktop is now a non-starter.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Another random thought from my 'new' revisit of BBC election night...

Just how many times does Peter Kellner say "a crumb of comfort for Labour"....

The new "a terrible night for the Tory party" analysis.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405
    I don't know what the Left is drinking but we must surely only be moments away from Ken declaring himself a candidate for London Mayor again.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    kle4 said:

FPT:

Hey, if you want a single bribe to sway the outcome properly, you have to bribe the man at the top directly - and he can tell you how many other bribes are needed. Try to bribe a few here and there and you risk wasting your money, no one wants that.
    Remember that the Blazer testimony unsealed today is three years old. Presumably the canary has kept on singing since then. The Feds will have a huge amount of evidence from him and the several other guilty pleas already. The investigation has been going for 4 years so far. It is branching out already.

If they have to take FIFA apart brick by brick to get what they need, they will do it.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

I don't know what the Left is drinking but we must surely only be moments away from Ken declaring himself a candidate for London Mayor again.

The guy he couldn't win against isn't standing...

Go for it, Ken!
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited June 2015
    Jeremy Corbyn is auditioning for the role of Michael Foot.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Yes, do it Ken! I don't care if he wins nomination or election - I don't live in London and have no wish to - but the idea that the same guy would run for Mayor 5 times in a row is just too great to miss.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Scott_P said:

ROFL

"Miliband’s own former advisers believe, but do not know for sure, the 8ft-high stone slab that set out his election pledges has been destroyed as planned, as one of its creators, Torsten Henricson-Bell, has ordered."

"the election result meant that Miliband never had the chance to make the offer, or relocate the 8ft high “Edstone” with its carved pledges to Downing Street.

It was intended to be destroyed, but a previous attempt to break it up had to be called off when the media discovered the location of in a south London warehouse.

Another plan for the stone to be broken up like the Berlin Wall, with the pieces sold for charity, was also rejected."

Or use the bits to make a footpath in a Jewish cemetery.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

'Austerity' is just code for 'spend spend spend', spend money we do not have.

Errm ?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    antifrank said:

Scott_P said:

ROFL

Surely it needs casting into the Cracks of Doom of Amon Amarth.

The best bit of all is that in the hours before the exit poll he sent a stern message to Shad Cab members strictly forbidding triumphalism.
  • Options
    Fox Indeed, an Owen Patterson v Corbyn election would see LD fortunes rise faster than Blatter's Swiss bank account
  • Options
    rottenborough Though she needs some good polling evidence to convince Labour members to vote for her in the first place
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    First LOL of the Day - brilliant :smiley:
    Scott_P said:

• Options
    O/T the NFL week 7 game in London between the Buffalo Bills and the Jacksonville Jaguars will be shown exclusively on Yahoo, for free. It will be shown on local TV in the Jacksonville and Buffalo markets.

So now's your chance to watch a seriously below average game.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Speedy said:

Jeremy Corbyn is auditioning for the role of Michael Foot.

He isn't worthy of such a role. Foot, for all his manifest faults, was a man of considerable intellectual prowess and political stature. Corbyn. Well. Not so much. Actually not at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

FPT:

Did we bid for that one???
    According to this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup#Host_selection

The final vote was between France and Morocco.

Switzerland dropped out fairly late in the game, whilst England dropped out much earlier to concentrate on Euro 96. Germany also withdrew.

What surprised me from another list is that we've only ever officially bid four times.

Edit: According to the Guardian, the bribe for the 1998 world cup was arranged in 1992! Therefore it could be any of the above (or possibly a.n.other).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/03/sepp-blatter-reports-fifa-president-us-corruption-probe-live
  • Options
    Labour needs to expand it's message to new professions, like lower management finance and banking who are in an urgent need to form a union and strike due to appalling working conditions:

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/131760/how-banking-can-ruin-your-body-and-mind/

" In the first 1-3 years of a banking career, Michel discovered that bankers tend to repress their bodies. During this period, they work hard regardless of exhaustion/broken legs/eating disorders/alopecia and do whatever is required to get the job done. Michel came across one female banker in this phase who had fallen and broken her leg in two places on the way to a meeting. Although it changed colour and was painful, the banker ignored the symptoms until her meeting was over."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204062704577223623824944472

" The 100-hour workweek, these ironmen and ironwomen tell themselves, is just the opening ante in a high-stakes game.

But investment bankers, salespeople and traders are only human. Under the immense stress of their jobs, many suffer personal and emotional problems that escalate into full-blown crises, with some bankers developing conditions that linger long after they have left the industry."

Some in finance can get very rich very quickly, however most of them will be dead by the age of 40 due to their working conditions.
  • Options
    Plato said:

First LOL of the Day - brilliant :smiley:

Scott_P said:

Other translation: does not learn from experience.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Fox Indeed, an Owen Patterson v Corbyn election would see LD fortunes rise faster than Blatter's Swiss bank account

Under one condition though, that Lamb is not LD leader.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

ROFL

The really telling bit is where they say they did not re-engage with defeated independence supporters. Labour handled all that very very badly.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2015
    Islington North CLP nominate Tessa and Sadiq. Big fail for Diane.
    Tottenham CLP have nominated Tessa Jowell and David Lammy
  • Options
    I vividly recall Hattie being poleaxed as the results came in. She was like a goldfish.
    Scott_P said:

ROFL

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    edited June 2015

Tessa Jowell & Gareth Thomas at Harrow West - latter may still make the ballot (worse luck)

Not a good time for Lammy.

Pretty sure Abbott is now on 5 anyway.

Ilford north #1 is Jowell.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    I missed her 5th

Hackney North
    Lewisham Deptford
    Dagenham
    Leyton

and ?

Tess aJowell & Gareth Thomas at Harrow West - latter may still make the ballot (worse luck)

• Options
    Speedy Depends if he is seen as dull but safe, which given the two fanatics either side of him may be enough
  • Options
    @Speedy

Labour needs to expand it's (sic) message to new professions

Do you not think that Labour's message is part of their problem?

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    That old hairy mammoth, Corbyn, tosses his worn out lefty tusks into the ring.
    With potential leaders like this, Labour is doomed. Doomed; I tell ya!
  • Options

I missed her 5th

Hackney North
    Lewisham Deptford
    Dagenham
    Leyton

and ?

Tess aJowell & Gareth Thomas at Harrow West - latter may still make the ballot (worse luck)

Me too - there was a tweet clearly saying she was up to five. I'll see if I can find it.

• Options
    Tim_B said:

@Speedy

Giving the appalling working conditions in the finance sector it would do no harm for Labour to propose a max. 48 hrs week for financial workers for instance.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited June 2015
    Panorama at its best this evening....when will the BBC realise that 30 min Panorama is rubbish, but when they put the time in and put together these hour programmes, they are top notch stuff.

Lots and lots of questions to answer for some very well known people in athletics.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    MikeK said:

Of course they are not doomed, unless you really think he's got a chance to win the leadership.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

Giving the appalling working conditions in the finance sector it would do no harm for Labour to propose a max. 48 hrs week for financial workers for instance.
    Who would enforce it?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2015
    Interesting scoop by Panorama tonight on doping. One of Mo Farah's former coaches is accused by the programme.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

Are they subject to the working time directive?
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Corbyn? Be interesting to see if Len swings behind. He calls the shots after all, as he very clearly pointed out recently "it's their party"
  • Options

Panorama at its best this evening....when will the BBC realise that 30 min Panorama is rubbish, but when they put the time in and put together these hour programmes, they are top notch stuff.

Lots and lots of questions to answer for some very well known people in athletics.

agreed.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

All opted out as a term of their employment.

Same for city lawyers.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Speedy Depends if he is seen as dull but safe, which given the two fanatics either side of him may be enough

Norman Lamb is the Michael Foot version of the LD.
    He's boring, old, stale, supported by the last bastions of the really old guard and with the most limited potential to draw voters.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Labour needs to expand it's message to new professions, like lower management finance and banking who are in an urgent need to form a union and strike due to appalling working conditions:

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/131760/how-banking-can-ruin-your-body-and-mind/

" In the first 1-3 years of a banking career, Michel discovered that bankers tend to repress their bodies. During this period, they work hard regardless of exhaustion/broken legs/eating disorders/alopecia and do whatever is required to get the job done. Michel came across one female banker in this phase who had fallen and broken her leg in two places on the way to a meeting. Although it changed colour and was painful, the banker ignored the symptoms until her meeting was over."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204062704577223623824944472

" The 100-hour workweek, these ironmen and ironwomen tell themselves, is just the opening ante in a high-stakes game.

But investment bankers, salespeople and traders are only human. Under the immense stress of their jobs, many suffer personal and emotional problems that escalate into full-blown crises, with some bankers developing conditions that linger long after they have left the industry."

Some in finance can get very rich very quickly, however most of them will be dead by the age of 40 due to their working conditions.

"A University of Southern California researcher found insomnia, alcoholism, heart palpitations, eating disorders and an explosive temper in some of the roughly two dozen entry-level..."

...Sounds like political betting.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited June 2015
    Speedy said:

MikeK said:

Of course they are not doomed, unless you really think he's got a chance to win the leadership.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the unions get their MPs to back Corbyn. With that backing he'll get 35 MP's easily for a nomination. After that a good PR campaign with he Labour membership, and bobs your uncle, fannies your aunt and we can all settle down to fun and games.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

I'll take that as a NO.
  • Options
    I can honestly say that I've no idea what Norman Lamb even looks like - if I saw him on the telly, I'd probably need a caption.

That even I couldn't pick him out of crowd despite all the mentions he gets on here speaks volumes. He's a complete non-entity impact wise.
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Norman Lamb is the Michael Foot version of the LD.
    He's boring, old, stale, supported by the last bastions of the really old guard and with the most limited potential to draw voters.
  • Options

philiph said:

Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

All opted out as a term of their employment.

Same for city lawyers.
    They are entitled to opt back in at any time.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    philiph said:

Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

@Speedy

They utilize the loopholes to avoid the the max. time allowed by the directive.
    As a result it's 90-100 hours a week instead of 48.
    That among others is why the average life expectancy of a finance worker is less than 50.
  • Options
    Tofu tampering? I hate those adverts.
    AndyJS said:

Interesting scoop by Panorama tonight on doping. One of Mo Farah's former coaches is accused by the programme.

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick ·
    Thursday's Guardian front page:
    Labour’s shattered dream

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Speedy But even Lamb could beat Owen Patterson and Jeremy Corbyn
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,037
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/03/undoing-of-ed-miliband-and-how-labour-lost-election

Top read from the Guardian featuring David Axelrod's version of free owls:
    - Axelrod was appalled by the low quality of the ideas being discussed, which he derisively characterised as “Vote Labour and win a microwave”.