Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New study points to UKIP’s support base being more middle c

SystemSystem Posts: 11,684
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New study points to UKIP’s support base being more middle class than was perceived

An analysis of data from the UK’s longest-running study of electoral behaviour has revealed how the bulk of UKIP’s support surprisingly comes from professional and managerial middle classes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if Dave's "who's that, Alex Salmond?" comment on This Morning might prove to be as memorable as John Major's "If that's Paddy on the phone, the answer's no" comment from 1992?

(EDIT: A double first - in two consecutive threads. A PB first for me, after about 10 years on here!)
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    edited April 2015
    Let's talk about the Lib Dems... EDIT I came second
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I suspect its older middle class voters, is this news to ANYONE?
  • Options
    I'm sure all luvvies will agree... telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11555759/Ed-Miliband-My-2.7-million-home-isnt-a-mansion.html
    Ed Miliband has claimed his £2.7 million home does not feel like a mansion - but admitted he and his wife could happily afford to pay Labour's proposed £3,000 annual mansion tax.

Mr Miliband said he did not know the exact value of the Kentish Town home he shares with wife Justine Thornton but said he believed it was “somewhere between 2 and 3 [million pounds]".

Experts estimate the home, which has two kitchens, is worth as much as £2.7 million - significantly more than David Cameron and Nick Clegg's London homes, which are valued at £1.97m and £1.89m respectively.

Discussing the mansion tax with Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2, Mr Miliband confirmed: “I am pretty sure I am going to be paying it."

Asked “you don’t feel like you’re in a mansion, do you?” the Labour leader responded: “No, but that’s just a term that’s used.

"It’s a really important point this: this is about a tax system where those with the broadest shoulders bear the greatest burden.”
This discussion has been closed.