Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is now open

2»

Comments

• Options
    Re: Crosby, pretty hilarious when you're branded as racist by guys who work for fellow whose favorite word is "picanniny".
  • Options
    Now hear this - legislature of Great State of Washington has now begun it's 2nd very special session of this year. Why? Because there's impasse between Republican-dominated state Senate and Democratic-controlled state House of Representatives.

As consequence, Governor Inslee has ordered state government departments to start contingency planning for state govt shutdown after June 30 IF there's no state budget.

My guess is that they will cobble something together before then. But ain't a pretty picture!
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Back. She was hot stuff...
    Where's everyone gone?
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Re: Crosby, pretty hilarious when you're branded as racist by guys who work for fellow whose favorite word is "picanniny".

Just to be a spelling Nazi, you can have pickaninny, picaninny or piccaninny but not the spelling you use.

And as for "favorite" ... really ...

• Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    I'd suggest that China stalled in 1700s because it's political system didn't recognize property rights and therefore allow for the concentration of capital required to develop heavy industry.

Also, the system was too ordered, for a society to grow it's technology, creative destruction is needed. The political system retarded this.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    MrJones said:

Reality reaches the Economist

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21579000-britain-has-gangsters-it-deserves-not-police-it-needs-gangland-britain

"Trident, the Met’s anti-gang unit, estimates there are around 250 gangs in the capital alone, selling drugs, carrying out muggings and sometimes stabbing each other."

Pretty much only the BBC and the political class left to admit the problem exists.

The political class does admit the problem exists and has recognised it ever since the late 1990s when it was their (upper-middle class) kids getting mugged for their mobile phones. That is when (and why) Operation Trident was set up.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Plato

Don't waste any time watching The X-Files. It was annoying, all in the dark, and completely hyped up beyond any level it deserved. When it was on in the first place, I watched it for ages in the hope that it might one day make sense or get better, and by the time I stopped watching it, I realised that it had been a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    Yesterday evening, I walked past Vince Cable (outside Westminster Abbey) while I was on my way to a date with the most gorgeous man in the world.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned a Youtube clip from "Planet of the Apes. In that film, and in others like "Alien" and whatever else, the astronauts are able to travel large distances over long time periods because they are put into a sort-of suspended animation for a few months before they are woken up again.

But they lie down in pods, or on bunks, or beds, or whatever. How come they don't get pressure sores, and die of gangrene? Why don't they switch off the artificial gravity in order to avoid such problems, so that they can just float in mid-air? And how do they manage to survive in such stable conditions by just lying down, without being linked up to tubes and bleeping machines which go "ping"?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,783
    edited June 2013
    Some mistake surely!

Wasn't Rennardgate just a put up job by the Tories and their Channel 4 stooges during the Eastleigh bye-election?

Nick Clegg criticised in report into Lib Dems' handling of Rennard allegations
    Party leader and three ministers 'could have done much more' to investigate claims of sexual harassment against party chair

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jun/12/nick-clegg-liberal-democrats-rennard-allegations
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Peter Georgiou , UKIP County Councillor for Thetford West on Norfolk CC has announced that he is to resign following the relevations of his previous arrest for shoplifting . His majority in the May elections was just 1 vote .
This discussion has been closed.