Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » For you Christmas Day entertainment – Guess the Constituenc

SystemSystem Posts: 11,707
edited December 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » For you Christmas Day entertainment – Guess the Constituency

Right then folks, as there are no local by-elections today and by the end of today you are all liable to be dozing off not in the middle of Her Majesty’s speech I hope (after all those betting markets were suspended earlier in the month thanks to some unusual betting patterns) it’s time to get those old grey cells into working order ready for the torrent of polls that will flood us fr…

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,791
    edited December 2014
    First! And Happy Christmas one & all!
  • Options
    Number 3 has me stumped - I know its Glasgow - but it looks like Kelvin and a bit of Anniesland in the Scottish Parliament.....

Anyway, good luck finding out that and the others - and this may help:

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/election-maps/gb/
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited December 2014
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    It's that time I believe, once again, to recite the finest joke ever heard on PB.com:

A Brummie goes for a job interview wearing a polyester shirt, bright flares and big boots.

The interviewer says "All you need now is a kipper tie."

The Brummie replies, "That would be love-lay, two sugars, ploise."

It's the way I tell 'em ...... again and again and again!
  • Options
    Speaking of Brummies, is there no Christmas crossword this year from St.John? - If not, that's a shame.
  • Options
    And to follow on from PfP's Kipper Tie joke....

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.
    'Miss Whack, I'd like to get a £30,000 loan to take a holiday.'
    Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
    Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
    The frog says, 'Sure. I have this' and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
    Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
    She finds the manager and says 'There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow £30,000 and he wants to use this as collateral.'
    She holds up the tiny pink elephant. 'I mean, what in the world is this?'
    The bank manager looks back at her and says...

(wait for it.........)

.....'It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'

Merry Xmas to all PBers!
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,438
    Merry Christmas, especially to voters in Marshalswick South which have the delight of a double by-election at the end of January. This is due to two local conservative councillors becoming PPCs elsewhere.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. - and in time honoured tradition...!

A man was driving along a rural road when he looked down and saw a three legged turkey running alongside the car. He looked at the speedometer and thought blimey, that’s a pretty fast turkey, I’m doing 30mph,

“I wonder just how fast this blighter can run” thought the driver, so he sped up to 45 mph - and the turkey did too!

The driver sped up again, to his surprise the turkey was still running ahead of him at 60 mph!!!

Suddenly, the turkey stuck out its left wing and shot off down a muddy track leading to a farmyard; the driver followed, but the turkey was nowhere to be seen. He then spotted the farmer who was feeding dozens of birds and he called out "How did you get all these three legged turkeys?"

The farmer replied, "I breed 'em. Ya see it's me, my wife and my son living here and we all enjoy a turkey drum stick for Christmas, so I started breeding this three legged variety so we could all eat our favourite bit."

"That's amazing!" said the driver "How do they taste?"

"Fook knows” says the farmer. “I can’t catch the little buggers!"
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited December 2014
    Seems that "mistake" in the UKIP advert last week that said "Say not to the UK" was an "production error" by The Record

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5oJN44IAAAzKNo.jpg
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to everybody!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, everyone.

I have no idea about the constituencies, I'm afraid, but cheers to Mr. Hayfield for the contest.

And, for the last time [this year :p ], here's a festive short story: http://thaddeuswhite.weebly.com/writing-blog/sir-edric-and-the-stolen-sherry
  • Options
    An interesting piece on the Christmas truce from a French perspective: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30433729
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    A merry Xmas to everyone, and special thoughts for anyone who has suffered a bereavement,
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,125

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.
    Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
    The frog says, 'Sure. I have this' and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
    Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
    She finds the manager and says 'There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow £30,000 and he wants to use this as collateral.'

(wait for it.........)

.....'It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'

Merry Xmas to all PBers!

Brilliant
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,995
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Wishing all the PB community a peaceful and joyous Christmas and all good wishes for the festive season.

Mr & Mrs JackW and family.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Merry xmas everyone!

My youngest lad's day was made complete as he saw Santa getting into a car and driving off down our street this morning.

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Merry Christmas everybody.

Christmas quiz: what is this?

three four one one zero four - one one one one one one one - one one three one one one one one - one one three one one one - one one one one one - two one two
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Merry Christmas to one and all - I was intending a marathon of Morecambe & Wise, Two Ronnies and 007 - but I tripped across The Shield on Netflix yesterday and have eaten the first season in a single day and now onto S2.

It's effing brilliant - 10/10. If you haven't seen it, you've missed a treat - Sopranos Meets The Wire Meets Dexter. imdb.com/title/tt0286486/?ref_=nv_sr_2 Scores 8.8/10

IIRC you can watch Netflix for free for a month.
  • Options
    LOL - that's almost as good as the Mild Green Hairy Lipped Squid.

(wait for it.........)

Merry Xmas to all PBers!

• Options
    Happy Christmas to all my friends on PB, and SeanT.

Whatever your politics, I hope you will not be too disappointed with what the New Year brings you, and your bets come up trumps.

Warm regards

Peter Smith [aka Peter the Punter]
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    A Joyous Christmas PBers

Just catching up with the threads, as was woken by grandaughter and her female cousin at 4am as they decided my room was best to open their presents.

So now that peace reigns (children are having a nap) and lunch is in the oven, have been reading a present, Boris Johnson's latest writing: The Churchill Factor - How One Man Made History. It is very readable and contains some lovely phrases like his description of the French forces in 1940 as "the origami army". Also he gives a very good and illuminating account of the mood in the UK just after Churchill replaced Chamberlain as PM, and how near we came to negotiating with Hitler for peace and how (perhaps falsely) many of our leaders were of gaining a positive outcome from such talks.

Also have picked up my elder son's copy of Beyond The Crash by a certain Gordon Brown and published in 2010. Looking again at his conclusions, it is apparent that he viewed the future as Equality of Outcome rather than Equality of Opportunity and it would appear that his very strong views on this divide influenced his economic decisions during his Chancellorship (to the detriment of many). His views for the future are very idealistic and he does not consider the minds, thinking and culture and the technical advances of our far Eastern competitors and now very much suppliers.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    Plato said:

(wait for it.........)

Merry Xmas to all PBers!

@Plato: Merry (hic) Greetings from the Surrey - East Sussex border.
    Trust you and your furry friends will soon be replete. What will you be watching today?
  • Options
    This is the Christmas the Union was never meant to see.
    God damn the Nats.
    God save the Queen.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    Merry Xmas PBers.

All being well and with Mike's permission, I aim to bring back the St.John PB Xmas Xword in 2015.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

Merry Xmas PBers.

All being well and with Mike's permission, I aim to bring back the St.John PB Xmas Xword in 2015.

That's great StJohn.

Would you like to do one for New Year's Day?

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Ishmael_X said:

three four one one zero four - one one one one one one one - one one three one one one one one - one one three one one one - one one one one one - two one two

Something to do with horses?
  • Options
    Damn the constituencies are hard. Are they even the right way up? (^_-)
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited December 2014

Number 3 has me stumped - I know its Glasgow - but it looks like Kelvin and a bit of Anniesland in the Scottish Parliament.....

Shirley Glasgow Central what with it taking in the centre of Glasgow.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,370
    7 looks familiar...

Happy Christmas all!
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Have they all got north at the top?
    Hippo Crumplebeep.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,960
    In the spirit of joining in the Christmas party game I can at least identify one constituency - No 3 is Glasgow Kelvin, but it must be for Holyrood not Glasgow Central for Westminster as the photo clearly excludes Bellahouston etc on the south bank. Probably the easiest of the lot though!
  • Options

God damn the Nats.
    God save the Queen.
    Merry Christmas.

Nothing worse than an imprecise troll. The Union would have seen at least two Christmases whatever the result.
  • Options

God damn the Nats.
    God save the Queen.
    Merry Christmas.

Nothing worse than an imprecise troll. The Union would have seen at least two Christmases whatever the result.
    Merry Christmas, plucky wee loser.
  • Options
    JohnLoony said:

Have they all got north at the top?
    Hippo Crumplebeep.

Also, some of them seem tilted/foreshortened ...?

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,008
    Bag humbug from the Guardian

Richard Orford (@Richard_Orford)
    22/12/2014 12:03
    Anti-'It's a Wonderful Life' clickbait gets owned in the comments section. As heartwarming as the film itself bit.ly/1t0pIX5
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    RodCrosby said:

Ishmael_X said:

Something to do with horses?
    Affirmative

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    Merry Christmas to all from a gloriously (if unseasonal) sunny Devon. We have a mountain of DVDs to get through for the WIfis's BAFTA voting so will report along the way. Saw American Sniper - similar feel to the Hurt Locker, with Clint getting a surprisingly good performance from Bradley Cooper.

Then I have all of Breaking Bad to do....
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Again, Merry Xmas to all. Lovely day for it, whatever the it was/is, you were thinking of doing. :)
  • Options
    Plato said:

Merry Christmas to one and all - I was intending a marathon of Morecambe & Wise, Two Ronnies and 007 - but I tripped across The Shield on Netflix yesterday and have eaten the first season in a single day and now onto S2.

It's effing brilliant - 10/10. If you haven't seen it, you've missed a treat - Sopranos Meets The Wire Meets Dexter. imdb.com/title/tt0286486/?ref_=nv_sr_2 Scores 8.8/10

The Shield is series that got me into box sets and streaming. It's moody, fast with lots of twists and turns. Enjoy!
    Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!

• Options
    Me_Me_ Posts: 66
    Hey guys. Happy Christmas to everyone here.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited December 2014
    Number 7 is Niigata 5, previously held by former PM and architect of the construction state Kakuei Tanaka. It was then inherited by his daughter Makiko Tanaka, who served briefly as Foreign Secretary under Junichiro Koizumi then resigned and ultimately defected to the Democratic Party, only to lose the seat back to the Liberal Democrats in 2012. It's currently represented by Norman Lamb.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to all PBers.

(Hostilities resume at 4pm, right?)
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Marquee..I am looking at a small mountain of DVD's from BAFTA..Only seen one so far so the session will start this evening and continue for a week..
  • Options
    Merry Christmas all.

If we're doing jokes:

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other: "do you know how to drive this thing?"
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Merry Christmas to all PBers.

(Hostilities resume at 4pm, right?)

????????
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Having a Joe Cocker tribute day..I made a doco about him when he was still a plumber in Sheffield...wonderful musician..nice fella.
  • Options
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,548
    edited December 2014
    Happy Christmas one and all. I hope Santa has been generous.

I think #8 is Pontypridd - you can see the steep valleys on the map.
    MP is Owen Smith - Labour
  • Options
    Turns out the Ukip cock up wasn't a Ukip cock up...

Jonathan Arnott MEP (@JonathanArnott)
    24/12/2014 18:35
    Another embarrassment for those who seek to smear UKIP as it turns out UKIP wasn't at fault again... pic.twitter.com/aWyNKyAl8d
  • Options
  • Options
    I have The Great Escape, Italian Job, Morecombe & Wise/Two Ronnies Xmas specials and Zulu.

My crush on Stanley Baker is enduring. I fell in love when I was about 14yrs old and 30yrs later... he's my guy.

And that's when I'm not mainlining The Shield.

How about you?

PS Kitties and I are playing Kerplunk and Frustration later - it will be board game carnage with things to play with and popomatic dice
    Financier said:

Plato said:

(wait for it.........)

Merry Xmas to all PBers!

@Plato: Merry (hic) Greetings from the Surrey - East Sussex border.
    Trust you and your furry friends will soon be replete. What will you be watching today?
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780

stjohn said:

Merry Xmas PBers.

That's great StJohn.

I won't have time unfortunately.

Best wishes
  • Options
    Oh, another fan! I love the humour - I'm LOL at almost every show. It's so clever.

Love the theme music too - if you haven't seen Justified, it's very similar. Walton Goggins in a fabulous character actor [he's Boyd Crowder in Justified]

Plato said:

The Shield is series that got me into box sets and streaming. It's moody, fast with lots of twists and turns. Enjoy!
    Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Carnyx said:

In the spirit of joining in the Christmas party game I can at least identify one constituency - No 3 is Glasgow Kelvin, but it must be for Holyrood not Glasgow Central for Westminster as the photo clearly excludes Bellahouston etc on the south bank. Probably the easiest of the lot though!

I don't do south of the river.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to all PBers!

A humbug walks into a Bah...
  • Options
    Opinion polls.... must...have...opinion polls...

:)
  • Options

And now you see the folly of Wizard's "I wish it could be Christmas every day". No opinion polls. In fact, no elections. No Government. Which is as well, because the only income it would have would be from doctors, nurses and petrol station cashiers... And the Scots.

Everyone would have combined Christmas and birthday presents. Which is just cheap. No-one could get married, so we would be a nation of bastards. There would be no postal service, so no Christmas cards would get delivered. And the telly would be full of repeats. With the Queen desperately trying to find something new to say at 3 pm.

And we would be monstrously fat and drunk. Except, we would have to do all our shopping at petrol stations...

Roy Wood, you REALLY have not thought this through....
  • Options
    OK, I've decided to throw in this week's YouGov and Populus into ELBOW for last week (just to keep things neat!). That gives a bumper 15 polls between Dec 14th and the 22nd with a total weighted sample of 17,327.

The resulting revised figures for the last ELBOW of the year are:

Lab 34.2% (+0.6 on week-ending Dec 14th)
    Con 31.8% (-0.9)
    UKIP 15.1% (-0.3)
    LD 7.6% (+0.1)

Lab lead 2.5% (+1.5)

• Options
    In the literal sense of festive cheer - what is your poison?

I adore pink fizz of any description. And Cockburn's Special Reserve port - yummy. Or maybe Grand Marnier.

Over to you!
  • Options
    isam said:

Turns out the Ukip cock up wasn't a Ukip cock up...

Jonathan Arnott MEP (@JonathanArnott)
    24/12/2014 18:35
    Another embarrassment for those who seek to smear UKIP as it turns out UKIP wasn't at fault again... pic.twitter.com/aWyNKyAl8d

"Mistake"

Yeah, fat chance. Seems we get a lot of these 'mistakes' from the media these days but they only ever seem to affect UKIP.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,468
    edited December 2014
    In graphical form:

Sunil Prasannan ‏@Sunil_P2 · 47s47 seconds ago
    Revised final Dec 2014 ELBOW inc. Populus and YouGov. Lab 34.2%, Con 31.8%, UKIP 15.1%, LD 7.6%. Labour lead by 2.45%

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/548105864738271232
  • Options

Labour % leads in the Sunil on Sunday ELBOW (Electoral Leader-Board Of the Week) since 17th August

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/548104257225129984
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Merry Christmas fellow PBers from a very bright and sunny Easter Ross. Wakened this morning to a slight dusting of snow and hard white frost.

Had the smoked salmon and pancakes accompanied by bucks fizz and now off to check the bird in the oven.
    All the best
    Mark
  • Options

And now you see the folly of Wizard's "I wish it could be Christmas every day". No opinion polls. In fact, no elections. No Government. Which is as well, because the only income it would have would be from doctors, nurses and petrol station cashiers... And the Scots.

Everyone would have combined Christmas and birthday presents. Which is just cheap. No-one could get married, so we would be a nation of bastards. There would be no postal service, so no Christmas cards would get delivered. And the telly would be full of repeats. With the Queen desperately trying to find something new to say at 3 pm.

And we would be monstrously fat and drunk. Except, we would have to do all our shopping at petrol stations...

Roy Wood, you REALLY have not thought this through....
    **Like!**
  • Options

Roy Wood, you REALLY have not thougt this through....
    For those of us with Birthdays around this time of year, it's all that we have ever experienced
  • Options
    December's "Super-ELBOW" - all 31 polls with fieldwork end-dates between 1st Dec and 22nd Dec. Total weighted sample 39,066.

Lab 33.7%
    Con 32.0%
    UKIP 15.4%
    LD 7.4%

Lab lead 1.7%

November's "Super-ELBOW" - all 44 polls with fieldwork end-dates between 1st Nov and 30th Nov. Total weighted sample 56,434.

Lab 33.3%
    Con 31.8%
    UKIP 16.1%
    LD 7.6%

Lab lead 1.5%

October's "Super-ELBOW" - all 45 polls with fieldwork end-dates between 1st Oct and 31st Oct. Total weighted sample 59,394.

Lab 33.8%
    Con 32.0%
    UKIP 16.1%
    LD 7.7%

Lab lead 1.8%

September's "Super-ELBOW" - all 38 polls with fieldwork end-dates between 1st Sept and 30th Sept. Total weighted sample 51,029.

Lab 35.7%
    Con 31.5%
    UKIP 15.2%
    LD 7.6%

Lab lead 4.2%

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Well quite. There's nothing that tells you It's The Thought That Counts quite like a £1 record token - 50p for Christmas and birthday combined... and a single card - or two in the same envelop.

Hmm.

I will return from Hell to send my own festive presents.

For those of us with Birthdays around this time of year, it's all that we have ever experienced
  • Options
    Have I just watched a proto Clash on Freeview-19? OGWT is a classic: Now Bryan Ferry....
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Merry Christmas to all on PB and great to hear that St Johns Crossword will be back next year, certainly missed it today.

Meanwhile Thomas the Rescue, our cat, is totally bemused. He had his breakfast early today (so we could get out for the eight o'clock) and it was cold roast beef (left over from last night). Then when he walked into the kitchen mid morning on the off chance he got smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (left over from our breakfast), and for lunch he had turkey. He thinks its Christmas! Little does he know he has prawns for tea (his very favourite).
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    A very merry Christmas to all on PB.
  • Options

I actually have three friends who have today as their birthday.
    I've always made a point of giving them each two gifts and two cards.They are already missing out on a party - seems unfair to rub it in with a combined present as well!
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited December 2014

Merry Christmas to all on PB and great to hear that St Johns Crossword will be back next year, certainly missed it today.

Meanwhile Thomas the Rescue, our cat, is totally bemused. He had his breakfast early today (so we could get out for the eight o'clock) and it was cold roast beef (left over from last night). Then when he walked into the kitchen mid morning on the off chance he got smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (left over from our breakfast), and for lunch he had turkey. He thinks its Christmas! Little does he know he has prawns for tea (his very favourite).

I gather he's a new cat on the block. I suspect he'a gobsmacked by his turn-a-round into the "life of Riley". Trust me, he will learn to take it as normal.

Now for some turkey and many trimmings.

Hic
  • Options
    As part of a properly pb-themed Christmas, I am watching Telstar which includes OMRLP founder Screaming Lord Sutch whose political achievements -- "persuading" Mrs Thatcher to raise election deposits and Dr Owen to wind up the SDP -- probably surpass most backbench MPs'. As a singer, 'nuff said.
  • Options
    I wasn't quite convinced that the Rude Words Thread gave quite the right impression as our PB end of season finale but it was more polite than the equivalent over on ARRSE ... which did a look back over the contributor highlights of 2014

ARRSE - This Year's Site Penis

It's not worth clicking on unless you know the people involved as it's all in-jokes but the link itself makes the point. As I'm taking part in that thread (under a different name, natch) I'm having a great time imagining what a similar PB one would be like :)
  • Options
    Can we swap?

I've taken on a 6yrs old Maine Coon lady who only likes tinned cheap cat food - fish flavoured- in jelly. And smoked salmon. And scrambled eggs.

I've tried chicken slices, roast chicken, ham, prawns - drenched this is fish stock to no avail as well...she's watched to much Discovery Channel fishing progs.

• Options

God damn the Nats.
    God save the Queen.
    Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas, plucky wee loser.
    Timing was as much in the SNP's gift as $113 oil........
  • Options
    I'm trying to start a #ChristmasPorn meme for all the things you really wanted from Santa...
    GeoffM said:

I wasn't quite convinced that the Rude Words Thread gave quite the right impression as our PB end of season finale but it was more polite than the equivalent over on ARRSE ... which did a look back over the contributor highlights of 2014

It's not worth clicking on unless you know the people involved as it's all in-jokes but the link itself makes the point. As I'm taking part in that thread (under a different name, natch) I'm having a great time imagining what a similar PB one would be like :)

• Options
    Mum made a super vegetable lasagne just now! And she's not even a vegetarian :)

First Christmas since 2003 that my parents, my brother and I have been all together. Usually my mum and dad "over-winter" in India at this time of year.

Now on to some yummy Genoa cake.
  • Options
    And NO, I did NOT read PB at the Christmas Dinner Table :)
  • Options
    Regarding the map quiz, only got the Glasgow one so far, as it's easy to spot the M8 motorway curling in from the southwest and the River Clyde forming the southern boundary.
  • Options
    Plato said:

Can we swap?

I've taken on a 6yrs old Maine Coon lady who only likes tinned cheap cat food - fish flavoured- in jelly. And smoked salmon. And scrambled eggs.

I've tried chicken slices, roast chicken, ham, prawns - drenched this is fish stock to no avail as well...she's watched to much Discovery Channel fishing progs.

A good friend of mine in Jersey lives next door to a lobster fisherman. His (ex now, sadly) dog, Bobby, got used to it as a standard ordinary dinner to the extent that he would turn his nose up at canned dog food.

When Andre and family went on a cruise and tried to put the dog into kennels the conversation was predictable "Any dietary requirements?" ... "He's a fussy eater" ... "Such as?" ... "Only eats lobster"
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    edited December 2014
    Plato said:

I'm trying to start a #ChristmasPorn meme for all the things you really wanted from Santa...

GeoffM said:

My neighbour obviously doesn't watch porn. She asked me to come to see if I could fix her sink.
    .......... I have been here for an hour and I am still fixing the damm sink.

Gets coat
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    A very merry Christmas to everyone and all their families.

And now, in time honoured tradition and for all our Kipper friends:

There was a little purple man who lived in a little purple house, in a small purple village at the far end of the purple country. The purple man was a long way away from the purple castle in the purple city, at the other end of the purple land. In the purple castle there lived the purple king, and he ruled the purple land without paying any purple attention to the purple man.

So the purple man got very angry and his face went all purple. He stomped his purple foots and decided not to pay his purple taxes as a purple protest. The purple king was not happy with the purple man, so he sent his little purple tax collector to see him. The purple tax collector left the purple castle, traveled across the purple land to the purple house and asked the purple man whether he would pay his purple taxes.

But the purple man stomped his purple foot and said "I will not pay my purple taxes"

So the purple tax collector took the purple man and brought him across the purple country to the purple castle and brought him in front of the purple king.

But the purple man stomped his purple foot and said "I will not pay my purple taxes"

So the purple king ordered the purple tax collector to take the purple man down to the purple prison until he paid his purple taxes. And so the purple tax collector took the purple man down the purple stairs to the purple dungeon. He opened the purple prison door, and pushed the purple man inside and said "Indigo"
  • Options
    The first one is Belfast South - I can see the River Lagan meandering in the southwest.
  • Options
    Plato said:

GeoffM said:

I might head to Twitter later and join in with you but on here for now:

Fender vintage hot rod '60s Stratocaster in olympic white #ChristmasPorn
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    antifrank said:

Merry Christmas all.

If we're doing jokes:

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other: "do you know how to drive this thing?"

one of the best
  • Options
    Top Laugh Of The Day

Epic!

*now has face ache*
    Moses_ said:

Plato said:

GeoffM said:

My neighbour obviously doesn't watch porn. She asked me to come to see if I could fix her sink.
    .......... I have been here for an hour and I am still fixing the damm sink.

Gets coat
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    LOL satire.

If only the dog had been called Indigo instead.
    Charles said:

A very merry Christmas to everyone and all their families.

And now, in time honoured tradition and for all our Kipper friends:

There was a little purple man who lived in a little purple house, in a small purple village at the far end of the purple country. The purple man was a long way away from the purple castle in the purple city, at the other end of the purple land. In the purple castle there lived the purple king, and he ruled the purple land without paying any purple attention to the purple man.

So the purple man got very angry and his face went all purple. He stomped his purple foots and decided not to pay his purple taxes as a purple protest. The purple king was not happy with the purple man, so he sent his little purple tax collector to see him. The purple tax collector left the purple castle, traveled across the purple land to the purple house and asked the purple man whether he would pay his purple taxes.

So the purple tax collector took the purple man and brought him across the purple country to the purple castle and brought him in front of the purple king.

So the purple king ordered the purple tax collector to take the purple man down to the purple prison until he paid his purple taxes. And so the purple tax collector took the purple man down the purple stairs to the purple dungeon. He opened the purple prison door, and pushed the purple man inside and said "Indigo"

• Options
    Plato said:

My crush on Stanley Baker is enduring. I fell in love when I was about 14yrs old and 30yrs later... he's my guy.

I hope you've seen this one...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5MtiQ1pjXc

Merry Christmas, all.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

stjohn said:

Merry Xmas PBers.

That's great StJohn.

I won't have time unfortunately.

Best wishes
    Hi Mike - I will see what I can manage for New Year's Day, if that's alright?

Merry Xmas everyone!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Happy Christmas to all PBers.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Map 4 is Lanark and Hamilton East, won by Lab (Jimmy Hood).
  • Options

The first one is Belfast South - I can see the River Lagan meandering in the southwest.

Won by SDLP, Alasdair McDonnell.
  • Options

Map 3 definitely is Glasgow Kelvin, as it was at the 2005 election!
  • Options
    St Vincent..Bill Murray .. Fantastic..
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Last won by George Galloway in 2001, while still under Labour colours.
  • Options

Last won by George Galloway in 2001, while still under Labour colours.
    He still is. He was representing SLAB in a major public debate of all parties in Glasgow, just before indyref.

• Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    Merry Christmas everyone! Think 9 is Newbury Richard Benyon conservative
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options

St Vincent..Bill Murray .. Fantastic..

A really top notch performance by Bill Murray, with some smart writing, but just a bit too schmaltzy for my taste overall to be a classic.
This discussion has been closed.