Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Yes hits an all time with YouGov

SystemSystem Posts: 11,688
edited August 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Yes hits an all time with YouGov

With a little over four weeks to go it would appear the momentum is with Yes, as one of the pollsters that has had traditionally had the largest leads for No, shows significant movement towards Yes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    First!
  • Options
    Any info about how the DKs would split?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Not at the moment.
  • Options

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    OK. These polls are thoroughly depressing for this PB Unionist.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited August 2014
    The problem for the Yes campaign is that there are just 30 days to go. NO on 51% including DKs looks like too big a hill for YES to climb in that time period IMO.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,931
    Gotta be worth lumping on yes on Betfair and laying off tmrw morning IMO
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,488
    edited August 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    Look at this way, Scots are taking one for the Tory party.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    Look at this way, Scottish Tories are taking one for the Tory party in England.
    What, both of them?

I'll get my coat...
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    What, both of them?

I'll get my coat...
    I've edited my comment.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    What, both of them?

I'll get my coat...
    I've edited my comment.
    Well, both Scots and Scots Tories!
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    30? God in heaven, it's a life time!

on a lighter note my wife called her sister today. She and her husband went to several Comonwealth Games events. At one it was so hot that they left after little more than an hour. How hot? 26 degrees C! We laughed about it all through lunch, and the outside temperature was a balmy 93F.
  • Options
    Anyhoo, I'm off to bed, if there's more polling published by the Times, I'll update this thread in the morning.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    The most concerning thing for a unionist is that the expected polling shift to the status quo IS NOT HAPPENING. This is almost unique.

As I said before, the best betting opportunities are to be had on the Next Prime Minister market. I have little doubt that Cameron will resign if he loses this referendum. Recall: he is an Old Etonian. His wife is basically a duchess. Yet his political ineptitude led to the break-up of the United Kingdom?? Imagine his next audience with The Queen.

The psychic pressure on him will be intolerable. He will Do The Decent Thing. He will resign.
    Well, a month to go. We'll see what the polling does.
    It'll be a very interesting polling post-mortem after the results are in.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,488
    edited August 2014
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.
    The most concerning thing for a unionist is that the expected polling shift to the status quo IS NOT HAPPENING. This is almost unique.

As I said before, the best betting opportunities are to be had on the Next Prime Minister market. I have little doubt that Cameron will resign if he loses this referendum. Recall: he is an Old Etonian. His wife is basically a duchess. Yet his political ineptitude led to the break-up of the United Kingdom?? Imagine his next audience with The Queen.

The psychic pressure on him will be intolerable. He will Do The Decent Thing. He will resign.
    You can get 16/1 on David Cameron to leave his post as PM in 2014

He's also 8/1 not to be the Tory leader at the GE.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/cameron-tory-leader-for-general-election
  • Options
    DanBarkrDanBarkr Posts: 17
    Can anyone explain why all the polls are so different to the Scottish Social Attitudes Survey. Surely that is more accurate? Furthermore, are Scots really this indecisive about this - there seems to be a huge fluctuation of D/Ks to a point of hilarity.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.

Salmond fishing in the Yemen? :-)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.

You can get 16/1 on David Cameron to leave his post as PM in 2014

He's also 8/1 not to be the Tory leader at the GE.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/cameron-tory-leader-for-general-election
    Much better bets can be found on possible Tory replacements as PM. Hague is 50/1, Osborne 20/1.

Yet Hague is an obvious caretaker manager and Osborne is the next-in-line.

The Tory leadership election takes 3 months.

So there'll be a coronation. Which I think favours Theresa May
  • Options
    YES will favour the Tories in the short to medium term regarding Westminster elections.
    NO will favour Labour.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Not at the moment.

Salmond fishing in the Yemen? :-)
    Like a Sturgeon, NHS cuts for the very first time.
  • Options
    Just one calendar month to go!
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,727
    edited August 2014
    For once, Comical James is not criticising YouGov methodology......is Scotland still on holiday (when we were advised to ignore polls as volatile) or back to school yet?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,727
    SeanT said:

You know what? F*ck it. If they wanna go, let 'em go. It will impoverish both countries, for a decade, but if that's what they want, so be it.

If the separatists paid more attention to polling in rUK than just their own, they'd be less sanguine about independence negotiations.....

This discussion has been closed.