Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Lord Ashcroft poll on Boris and Uxbridge

SystemSystem Posts: 11,688
edited August 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Lord Ashcroft poll on Boris and Uxbridge

Lord Ashcroft has polled the Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency, about Boris, and it generally makes for great reading for the Mayor of London. The phone poll was conducted this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,010
    first
  • Options
    First .... again!
  • Options

First .... again!

Loser
  • Options
    Damn!
  • Options

Damn!

LOL
  • Options
    I hope you all followed me on Swansea to beat Manchester United.
  • Options
    As if Boris will not be shoehorned into something with a minimum 10,000 majority. No way will he contest anything other than a certainty.
  • Options

Unfortunately not
  • Options
    Would be great if they get humped this year and live to regret axing Moyes so quickly based on petulant millionaire players egos.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    edited August 2014
    TBH, if one looks at the results in Henley Boris doesn’t seem to be that much of an “extra” vote winner in practice.
  • Options
    From FPT
    Luckyguy1983 said:

» show previous quotes
    First (semi) acknowledgement that your fraudulent independence campaign has hit the buffers. I don't know whether to be pleased or feel slightly sad.

Truth will out. And the endgame is that Britain will be independent and whole -not balkanised by self-serving EU sycophants like Salmond stoking division for their own gain.

You are not too bright are you. You swallowed your student union card again, next you will be telling me you are manning the barricades.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,489
    edited August 2014
    malcolmg said:

Unfortunately not
    I've also backed Crystal Palace to win today.

I've reinvesting my winnings.

On the following accumulator, Everton, Hull, Spurs, Stoke and Sunderland all to win today.

£10 gets you around £1,300

• Options
    malcolmg said:

Would be great if they get humped this year and live to regret axing Moyes so quickly based on petulant millionaire players egos.

He just didn't have the mindset to manage a big club.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    FPT Andy JS I didn't make myself clear.

Flightpath saying UKIP smashed in Knights Hill is like saying Labour smashed in Hans Town.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    * Diplomacy Post*

Just looked in at the Death Match. That Andy Cooke is a clever fellow, you'll never make money betting against him at Diplomacy.

Which reminds me, TSE you need to give some attention to your Diplomacy situation.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    FT 90+4 – Swansea (2) – MU (1) – an inspired call TSE.
  • Options

* Diplomacy Post*

Just looked in at the Death Match. That Andy Cooke is a clever fellow, you'll never make money betting against him at Diplomacy.

Which reminds me, TSE you need to give some attention to your Diplomacy situation.

Will do so this evening.
  • Options

FT 90+4 – Swansea (2) – MU (1) – an inspired call TSE.

An 8/1 tip is always a nice way to start the football season proper.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,466
    malcolmg said:

From FPT
    Luckyguy1983 said:

» show previous quotes
    First (semi) acknowledgement that your fraudulent independence campaign has hit the buffers. I don't know whether to be pleased or feel slightly sad.

Truth will out. And the endgame is that Britain will be independent and whole -not balkanised by self-serving EU sycophants like Salmond stoking division for their own gain.

You are not too bright are you. You swallowed your student union card again, next you will be telling me you are manning the barricades.

I'm not a student. I work for the Scotch Whisky industry actually. And I would suspect I do a lot more for Scotland's economy on a daily basis than you do.
  • Options

Great call TSE - Man Utd are currently rock bottom of the Premier League ..... Yay!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    on topic - “Double poll boost for Boris Johnson's attempts to return to Parliament”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11038623/Double-poll-boost-for-Boris-Johnsons-attempts-to-return-to-Parliament.html
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933

Great call TSE - Man Utd are currently rock bottom of the Premier League ..... Yay!
    He also tipped Man Utd!

Obv didnt fancy the draw
  • Options
    Who does everyone think would be a good Mayor of London if Boris were to step down? My mind's blank at the moment.
  • Options

One day this purple patch is going to end.
  • Options
    isam said:

He also tipped Man Utd!

Obv didnt fancy the draw
    I tipped Man U in my original seven fold accumulator.
  • Options

Who does everyone think would be a good Mayor of London if Boris were to step down? My mind's blank at the moment.

David Lammy.
  • Options

TBH, if one looks at the results in Henley Boris doesn’t seem to be that much of an “extra” vote winner in practice.

Mr Cole, In places like Henley the Conservative vote is pretty much maxed out - it doesn't matter who the candidate is. You could stick up a corpse or a latter-day Churchill as the Conservative candidate and the number of votes received would still be in the same range.

If democracy is to survive, let alone thrive, in this country then the nonsense of safe seats has to be tackled. STV or PR squared or something to allow the effectively disenfranchised majority is needed and quite soon.
  • Options

David Lammy.
    My cat
  • Options

"I tipped Man U in my original seven fold accumulator."

It just did!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

"I tipped Man U in my original seven fold accumulator."

It just did!
    Yeah, but I'm still up £200 today, and I've got a couple more bets to finish.
  • Options

Mr Cole, In places like Henley the Conservative vote is pretty much maxed out - it doesn't matter who the candidate is. You could stick up a corpse or a latter-day Churchill as the Conservative candidate and the number of votes received would still be in the same range.

If democracy is to survive, let alone thrive, in this country then the nonsense of safe seats has to be tackled. STV or PR squared or something to allow the effectively disenfranchised majority is needed and quite soon.
    The Henley Tory vote has fluctuated a bit over the years, but I was looking at the change a new candidate made. In general terms, though, I agree.

And I agree with your second paragraph. Heartily!
  • Options

David Lammy.
    If you want everything to be judged in terms of race I suppose he would be a good choice.. or Diane Abbot

or Nick Griffin or the Acourt Bros?

• Options

malcolmg said:

From FPT
    Luckyguy1983 said:

» show previous quotes

I'm not a student. I work for the Scotch Whisky industry actually. And I would suspect I do a lot more for Scotland's economy on a daily basis than you do.
    So you are very stupid in making such assumptions. I however will refrain from juvenile willy waving
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,755
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

From FPT
    Luckyguy1983 said:

» show previous quotes

I however will refrain from juvenile willy waving
    Quite right too! Stick to turnips!
  • Options
    Steven Pinker ‏@sapinker · 7m
    Steven Pinker: 10 'grammar rules' it's OK to break (sometimes). 1st extract from The Sense of Style. http://gu.com/p/4vmze/tw via @guardian

• Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Sean_F said:

Flightpath saying UKIP smashed in Knights Hill is like saying Labour smashed in Hans Town.

You got me wrong I did not say that. Must have been someone else. Where is Knights Hill?
    I did mention Kevin Doherty. I couldn't stop myself.
    http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/05/nazi-tattoo-ukip-candidate-in-mystery-powder-naked-photoshoot/
  • Options

David Lammy.
    Serious answers only please.

• Options

Sean_F said:

You got me wrong I did not say that. Must have been someone else. Where is Knights Hill?
    I did mention Kevin Doherty. I couldn't stop myself.
    http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/05/nazi-tattoo-ukip-candidate-in-mystery-powder-naked-photoshoot/
    Im guessing Lambeth, where you said UKIP were smashed up
  • Options
    SeanT said:

According to reports from Channel 4, Obama's blithe decision to say "the siege of Sinjar is over" gave ISIS the green light to attack the Yazidi again.

Yesterday they slaughtered 100 Yazidi men in one hour, in one village, and enslaved 300 women and children.

In total, according to Yazidi leaders, 350 Yazidi men were murdered yesterday, and 1000 women and kids hauled off to be raped and enslaved.

The genocide, in other words, continues. And Obama's stupid, catastrophic incompetence has facilitated the killing. And Britain sits back and does nothing at all.

We will remember these days with shame.

Cameron is utterly hopeless and devoid of any humanity in his inaction. But who would be any better?
  • Options
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Nah. Do we remember the Rowada or Cambodian genocides "with shame"?

Why is it David Cameron's job to protect them?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    SeanT said:

Er, what happened there?

Did something weird happen to the comments and an entire conversation disappear?

Yes, there's an embargo on that poll. Can't discuss it until midnight.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    It looks like, at last to me and a few others in London and the SouthEast, that autumn has started early and unless we see a re-emergence of summer in the next week or two, this autumn may be the harbinger of a long winter.

Meanwhile England 260 for 5
  • Options
    "Britain sits back and does nothing at all." As recent news stories have shown, it is quite possible for those who feel really strongly to travel to the Middle East and volunteer to fight.
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Kenny Farquharson @KennyFarq
    Heads up pol peeps. We have an ICM #indyref poll for you in this weekend's @scotonsunday.
  • Options

"Britain sits back and does nothing at all." As recent news stories have shown, it is quite possible for those who feel really strongly to travel to the Middle East and volunteer to fight.

Are you going to volunteer for the IDF or Barzani's Kurdish army?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

I think you have rather missed the point of my comment.

• Options

MikeK said:

Oh! Your going for the other side then. Got your AK47 and machette?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

Blimey!

• Options
    edited August 2014

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

Blimey!

It's that yellow icon of your that gives the game away. You just can't make up your mind. You must be a L/Dem. ;)
  • Options

SeanT said:

Er, what happened there?

Did something weird happen to the comments and an entire conversation disappear?

Given it's a "Yes Scotland" commissioned poll, I would wait until we saw ALL the questions asked.....

Q1 Do you approve of Tories eating Scottish babies?
    Q2 Do you agree that the NHS should only be available to rich English people?
    Q3 Do you agree "Scotland should be an independent country, keep the pound, the BBC and EU membership?"
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

According to reports from Channel 4, Obama's blithe decision to say "the siege of Sinjar is over" gave ISIS the green light to attack the Yazidi again.

Yesterday they slaughtered 100 Yazidi men in one hour, in one village, and enslaved 300 women and children.

In total, according to Yazidi leaders, 350 Yazidi men were murdered yesterday, and 1000 women and kids hauled off to be raped and enslaved.

The genocide, in other words, continues. And Obama's stupid, catastrophic incompetence has facilitated the killing. And Britain sits back and does nothing at all.

Cameron is utterly hopeless and devoid of any humanity in his inaction. But who would be any better?
    Weirdly enough, Blair would be better. He did have the balls, even if he went insane.

It struck me yesterday that the world would be such a better place if we could reverse the chronology of Bush/Blair and Obama/Cameron.

Obama/Cameron would NOT have invaded Iraq. Bush/Blair WOULD have taken on ISIS.
    You're probably correct there. However, if Blair was still in charge we may well be preoccupied with invading Iran at the moment.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Er, what happened there?

Given it's a "Yes Scotland" commissioned poll, I would wait until we saw ALL the questions asked.....

Q1 Do you approve of Tories eating Scottish babies?
    Q2 Do you agree that the NHS should only be available to rich English people?
    Q3 Do you agree "Scotland should be an independent country, keep the pound, the BBC and EU membership?"
    Typical unionist , trumpet all your own sponsored polls regardless of questions, Westminster spends £3M of our money and only give to Bitter Together but hey one YES poll and it must be dodgy.
  • Options

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Weirdly enough, Blair would be better. He did have the balls, even if he went insane.

It struck me yesterday that the world would be such a better place if we could reverse the chronology of Bush/Blair and Obama/Cameron.

You're probably correct there. However, if Blair was still in charge we may well be preoccupied with invading Iran at the moment.
    I guess you could say if Obama/Cameron were in charge instead of Bush/Blair a decade ago, there wouldn't be such a mess for them to have to sort out

Also we cant know that Cameron wouldn't have invaded Iraq ten years ago, and cant judge based on his current non intervention as that is influenced by Blair's mistake

• Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    I cannot believe anyone can take Boris seriously. I wonder what the polling would be if say Harry Hill was his opponent.

I can understand why people like him, as he not a typical politician. But that does not mean I would want him as my MP or even a member of a government.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think the Observer are suffering a case of post hoc ergo propter hocitis

Ukip have taken a shock six-percentage-point leap in the polls following confirmation that Nigel Farage is intending to stand in a Tory seat in Kent. An Opinium/Observer poll has Farage's party on 21%. It appears that Ukip has taken support from both the Tories and Labour.

Ed Miliband's party is down three points, leaving it on 32%, and the Conservatives are down four points to 28%. The Liberal Democrats have enjoyed a small rise of three points to 10%.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/16/ukip-surge-popularity-farage-thanet
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Now that's a strange poll.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I guess you could say if Obama/Cameron were in charge instead of Bush/Blair a decade ago, there wouldn't be such a mess for them to have to sort out

Also we cant know that Cameron wouldn't have invaded Iraq ten years ago, and cant judge based on his current non intervention as that is influenced by Blair's mistake

I know it's a very conjectural counterfactual, verging on a fairy tale.

However Obama would definitely not have gone into Iraq, unlike Bush - and it's hardly conceivable the Brits would have done it themselves, is it??

So if Obama were prez in 2003 - no Iraq.

Now let's say ISIS had arisen anyway, even without Iraq, and Bush was in power now? I am sure Bush would attack them, and Blair would join in,

Sadly this is fantasy history, and we have two of the most mediocre US presidents in power, at precisely the wrong time, when all their faults are exposed, and none of their virtues.

According to David Icke ( no I don't take him seriously), ISIS is part of a conspiracy to bring about WW3, which will end up with the middle east being controlled by western powers. The US will allow ISIS to take over most of Iraq and Syria, but once they threaten Israel/Jordan, the US/NATO will intervene. There is also some talk about the US wanting to drag Iran into this, to provoke China and Russia, but I cannot see Iran getting involved, apart from funding/arming others.

Apparently ISIS are not just after setting up a new country, but they want to attack Israel.

Personally, I think this is just jihadists who started out wanting to get rid of Assad, who have moved onto taking over weak parts of Iraq. They may say they want to take over a large part of the region, but I cannot see that being allowed.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

However Obama would definitely not have gone into Iraq, unlike Bush - and it's hardly conceivable the Brits would have done it themselves, is it??

Now let's say ISIS had arisen anyway, even without Iraq, and Bush was in power now? I am sure Bush would attack them, and Blair would join in,

Sadly this is fantasy history, and we have two of the most mediocre US presidents in power, at precisely the wrong time, when all their faults are exposed, and none of their virtues.
    Oh I pretty much agree with you.. I was just considering other angles.. something about this website makes people find arguments to statements they agree with, and I am obviously no different!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    SeanT said:

It's a tragedy of history, but until 9/11 Bush was looking to be a fairly enlightened Republican moderate - exactly the sort that the party needs.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Ukip have taken a shock six-percentage-point leap in the polls following confirmation that Nigel Farage is intending to stand in a Tory seat in Kent. An Opinium/Observer poll has Farage's party on 21%. It appears that Ukip has taken support from both the Tories and Labour.

Ed Miliband's party is down three points, leaving it on 32%, and the Conservatives are down four points to 28%. The Liberal Democrats have enjoyed a small rise of three points to 10%.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/16/ukip-surge-popularity-farage-thanet

Something else about this website is that people like to say I told you so...

Well I told several people on here, including OGH in person who seemed to not believe me, that I knew for certain that Farage was going to stand in Thanet South or North, probably South, in March.. 9/4 & 10/1 were on offer then, I hope they filled their boots.

Mine barely got wet!
  • Options
    @hucks67

"They may say they want to take over a large part of the region, but I cannot see that being allowed."

Not allowed? Who do you think is going to stop them?
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

"Weirdly enough, Blair would be better."

There's the kit aspect as well though. The forces have been greatly reduced since 2003 so is what's left capable of doing what a Blair would want and would a Blair forcing action without the necessary kit cause a different kind of mess?

Hard to say.

• Options
    Not likely we will see Tuba McDougall of BT tweeting about today's upcoming Panelbase Indy poll then. Imagine the Bitter Together lot will be keeping their heads down , be hard to spin that one as good.
  • Options
    LBC ‏@LBC 4m
    Senior officials at the Ministry of Peshmerga in Northern Iraq say a further 312 Yazidi men have been killed by Islamic State militants.

David Jones ‏@DavidJo52951945 6m
    John Lewis to start selling Hijab for muslims girls at school! the muslim takeover continues http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726390/John-Lewiss-new-line-hijabs-wear-school-Department-store-signs-contract-schools-London-Liverpool-offer-Conservative-Islamic-clothing.html

sean thomas knox ‏@thomasknox 1h
    .... "The mother said: My daughters were calling on people to kill them, but no one wanted to do that. So they jumped from the mountain"

If it goes on like this I reckon 50 plus seats for UKIP re GE2015.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Yes fantasy history following 10 years of UK involvement with troops on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. These being operations which have hardly united the country. Hardly a good encouragement to put boots back in. And following all this we have parliament, which was not lied to by Cameron (unlike Blair and Campbell), and which refused even to think about air strikes on Syria. Cameron and the govt are bringing humanitarian aid and using reconnaissance planes. Where is the desire from the country for boots on the ground?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The lesson of this shambles in Western foreign policy is fairly straightforward:

If you want to deal with a situation you intervene early and firmly.

There are no real excuses and no overall intelligence failure that somehow no-one saw this coming. Western governments knew what was happening. Don't believe the odd nbews report coming out where the White House anonymously suggests they are investigating an intelligence failure'. The failure was a willingness to do something for the last few years.

As it is, if Obama has the nuts for it, and its hard to say if he does, this is going to need sustained cross border action to shrink ISIS down militarily and a huge amount of political action to reduce the oxygen of suppression that assisted them.

• Options

SeanT said:

That's a silly comment. The govt are delivering significant humanitarian aid. The govt are taking part and supporting American action. I do not see much that we can add to American air power. And in terms of other intervention I do not see that we could add much to the 101st Airborne.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

The lesson of this shambles in Western foreign policy is fairly straightforward:

If you want to deal with a situation you intervene early and firmly.

There are no real excuses and no overall intelligence failure that somehow no-one saw this coming. Western governments knew what was happening. Don't believe the odd nbews report coming out where the White House anonymously suggests they are investigating an intelligence failure'. The failure was a willingness to do something for the last few years.

As it is, if Obama has the nuts for it, and its hard to say if he does, this is going to need sustained cross border action to shrink ISIS down militarily and a huge amount of political action to reduce the oxygen of suppression that assisted them.

Come on #Y0kel, You know that Obama has no balls for sustained fight. He is a hit and run president with no thought for the future of America, let alone the west.
  • Options

@hucks67

"They may say they want to take over a large part of the region, but I cannot see that being allowed."

The US will bomb them and not bother too much about civilan casualties, as they will blame it on ISIS.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    Anybody know if we're getting the ComRes/IOS poll tonight? It should be due this weekend, I think, but nothing at John Rentouls blog?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    edited August 2014

SeanT said:

That's a silly comment. The govt are delivering significant humanitarian aid. The govt are taking part and supporting American action. I do not see much that we can add to American air power. And in terms of other intervention I do not see that we could add much to the 101st Airborne.
    You are aware there are British officials, both civilian and military, in Kurdistan?
  • Options
    hucks67 said:

@hucks67

The US will bomb them and not bother too much about civilan casualties, as they will blame it on ISIS.
    A remarkable post on so many levels. Thank you.
  • Options

What does your first sentence mean in English?
  • Options

hucks67 said:

@hucks67

A remarkable post on so many levels. Thank you.
    Well you did ask. Rationale is that IF ISIS managed to take over say most of Iraq and Syria, were threatening Israel and Jordan, the US would be forced to act. I suspect that they would say that they would take precautions to avoid civilan casualties, but given the nature of the these terrorist armies, it might be very difficult. I cannot see the US putting 'boots on the group' beyond special forces target spotters.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

SeanT said:

You are aware there are British officials, both civilian and military, in Kurdistan?
    We could have the massed band of the Brigade of Guards out there, it wouldn't invalidate Mr. Path's comment. UK armed forces are now so small as to be insignificant. The entire combat force of the RAF is about equal to two US carrier air wings.
  • Options
    isam said:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: "after this, therefore because of this") is a logical fallacy (of the questionable cause variety) that states "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Anybody know if we're getting the ComRes/IOS poll tonight? It should be due this weekend, I think, but nothing at John Rentouls blog?

I think it has been bumped to next week.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    *Buffs nails*

Some wise fellow tipped Crystal Palace to beat Arsenal at 11/1, he also tipped Swansea to beat Manchester United at 8/1
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    hucks67 said:

Personally, I think this is just jihadists who started out wanting to get rid of Assad, who have moved onto taking over weak parts of Iraq. They may say they want to take over a large part of the region, but I cannot see that being allowed.

(blockquotes were messed up so hope this is your quote)

From my reading around - could be wrong

Isis were originally AQ in Iraq and after being booted out of Iraq into Syria they were pretty dead until they were rebooted to fight Assad (by one of the gulf states imo). At the same time Maliki was annoying the Sunni tribes in Iraq who eventually rebelled (initially in Fallujah back in January) and so Isis crossed the border to help out. The apparent blitzkrieg effect in the media being the result of the Sunni rebellion spreading rather than an actual Isis blitz. The confusing bit is who is running things now in the Sunni tribes bit of Iraq: Isis, the tribes or a bit of both?

Isis still have their capital in Raqqa in Syria rather than move to Mosul so I assume Raqqa is where they're strongest so my guess is the Sunni tribes are mostly in control in Iraq with Isis running around on the edges of Sunni territory looking for infidels to kill.

(*Sunni tribes including the more urban ex-Baathist types and general bystanders)

If UK had the right kit I think we could probably "do something" around those edges with very few boots on the ground but I dunno if we have. I'd guess not but not sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

isam said:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: "after this, therefore because of this") is a logical fallacy (of the questionable cause variety) that states "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X."

Oooh, aren't we clever! The only fact to see is that UKIP are on the rise and gaining members and supporters; all else is fluff.
  • Options

isam said:

Cheers

Have any polls had CON+Lab as low as 60 post 2010?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    Let me just say this: Opinium are clearly the brown standard.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    MikeK said:

LBC ‏@LBC 4m
    Senior officials at the Ministry of Peshmerga in Northern Iraq say a further 312 Yazidi men have been killed by Islamic State militants.

David Jones ‏@DavidJo52951945 6m
    John Lewis to start selling Hijab for muslims girls at school! the muslim takeover continues http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726390/John-Lewiss-new-line-hijabs-wear-school-Department-store-signs-contract-schools-London-Liverpool-offer-Conservative-Islamic-clothing.html

sean thomas knox ‏@thomasknox 1h
    .... "The mother said: My daughters were calling on people to kill them, but no one wanted to do that. So they jumped from the mountain"

If it goes on like this I reckon 50 plus seats for UKIP re GE2015.

I thought UKIP had dropped its ban the burka policy (and did not plan to ban the Hijab), and has been unusually silent on the middle east.

• Options
    edited August 2014

*Buffs nails*

Some wise fellow tipped Crystal Palace to beat Arsenal at 11/1, he also tipped Swansea to beat Manchester United at 8/1

You are crap at Diplomacy, Mr Eagles, and so God knows how good you are as a lawyer, but, damn, a fellow can make money from your footer tips.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

7 polls this parliament have the Con + Lab Scores 60 or lower

60 was achieved three times, twice with Ashcroft in May and June this year, and the ComRes phone poll of July this year

59 has been achieved four times, once with Ashcroft in June this year, and 3 times with Survation, twice in July 2013, and once in May 2013
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

60 was achieved three times, twice with Ashcroft in May and June this year, and the ComRes phone poll of July this year

59 has been achieved four times, once with Ashcroft in June this year, and 3 times with Survation, twice in July 2013, and once in May 2013
    So 8 times in about 1000 polls?

I think that should be UKIPs target, to get the big two down to 61-62 combined
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

There have been so far 1,611 Westminster opinion polls this parliament.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

*Buffs nails*

You are crap at Diplomacy, Mr Eagles, and so God knows how good you are as a lawyer, but, damn, a fellow can make money from your footer tips.
    Cracking game at the King Power with Everton a very good side but drawing 2:2 with Leicester.

Chelsea away next week...
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

Hm, I make it 1524. Perhaps the wiki list is incomplete?
  • Options
    RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

It is, I use Anthony Wells' list here

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2
  • Options

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

Well bugger me.
  • Options

*Buffs nails*

You must have won a few bob today
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Boris can also "galvanise" voters in Liverpool.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    malcolmg said:

*Buffs nails*

About £300 up today so far, staked around £70.

Regret not cashing out on Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

Well bugger me.
    There's a couple missing for his list as well.

I'll work out which ones they are on Monday, tonight is a bit hectic tonight.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

*Buffs nails*

About £300 up today so far, staked around £70.

Regret not cashing out on Crystal Palace.
    well done , sure if I had followed you they would have flopped
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

So we have a poll showing something that only happens in half of 1% of polls
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Cheers

So we have a poll showing something that only happens in half of 1% of polls
    Yes
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    Good evening, everyone.

Definitely feels like autumnal weather is upon us. Better than the stifling humidity and damned wasps of summer.
This discussion has been closed.