Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Conservative party then and now – the need to connect w

124»

Comments

• Options
    annakannak Posts: 14
    I can't think of another country that debates it's politics by class. It really is stupid. I bet that David Cameron was taught by his parents not to waste money. They seem like people with old money but people who know the value of it and are not ostentatious.ž
    The Irish government (including the Irish Labour Party are making social welfare cuts the like of which David. Cameron can only dream of.
    The background of the members of the Irish government never comes up. In fact the Irish Labour Party seem to like making the cuts.
  • Options
    Neil said:

isam said:

What price Prit Patel for next Tory leader?

She ticks all the boxes class, race & sex wise and is also a BOOer

You're talking about the party that elected IDS leader. Anything is possible.
    IDS never lost a GE as party leader!
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Welcome back anna! Been a while. Hope things are good. I was back in Galway recently enough and nearly got blown clear across the Ballybane Road by the wind!
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Evening all, on next leader of the SNP and possibly FM, I am far from certain it would be the DFM Nicola Sturgeon. She got married a year or so ago and as she is 44 on her birthday, if she hopes to have children, she is going to have to do so within the next couple of years or so. I could not see the FM being the mother of an infant or toddler unless she decides that a live-in nanny would basically raise the child from infanthood.
  • Options

Man City at 5/4 are a great price to beat my beloved Chelsea today. When we won up there a couple of weeks ago Terry and Cahill were brilliant. Today we have the hapless Luiz and Ivanovic at centre back, City will want revenge big time.

Dzeko anytime scorer at 2/1 is also a good bet.

Anyone take the hint?
  • Options
    Tonight's polling thread will be published at 7.30.

Big change for one party with ComRes
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Neil But their ideological heirs are not.

I'm not sure it works quite like that.
  • Options

I could not see the FM being the mother of an infant or toddler unless she decides that a live-in nanny would basically raise the child from infanthood.

The last 3 UK PMs all had young children while in office.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    She does seem the obvious candidate, but who else would stand? How would Sturgeon differ from Salmond in terms of policy?

Would that be as stand in or as permanent? Would it be a contest or a coronation?

Enlighten me then. Who will be the next leader of the SNP? No need to speculate on a reason, imagine. for example Salmond resigning for personal reasons.

Toy with the the words 'deputy leader' and see what you come up with. It isn't rocket science.
    She's been touted as natural successor for a while, and I can't see any obvious opponents. Humza Yousaf maybe, but probably a bit soon.
  • Options

Tonight's polling thread will be published at 7.30.

Big change for one party with ComRes

That will be UKIP then or Mike wouldn't be so gleeful
  • Options
    pinkrose said:

pinkrose said:

Why can't some people on here see the difference between Blair leading Labour and Cameron leading the Tories? It doesn't matter the wealth or education background of Labour leaders because they are not advocating austerity, they are not promoting policies that will hurt the poor, the vulnerable or many of the working class struggling to survive. They are not promising benefit cuts or banging on about a "global race", whatever that is? The Tory party of 2015 are the enemies of working class people, they are not conservatives at all they are economic neo-liberals and social liberals. The Tory party advocates policies that benefit the wealthiest and the elites.

Surely tax cuts and cuts in benefits will help the "working class". No-one should be claiming JSA, for example, longer than the 3-6 months it might take to find another job. The true working class should not be funding those who choose to spend a lifetime on benefits.

lol there speaks someone who has no idea of the reality in 2015. Yes, sure it only takes 6mnths max to walk into another job? What planet are you living on?

Unemployment is falling, fast. Most people find work within three months, and always have done. Many of those who do not, have effectively chosen not to by refusing to learn how to use a computer, or read and write. More shamefully, I agree that some were failed by the education system and failed by their parents. Apparently being "disadvantaged" is an excuse for doing badly at school.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,168
    Neil Social Democrats within Labour now are the same as those who would have been in the SDP
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,941
    malcolmg said:

No rivals at all? Is the SNP that short of talent and ambition?

Ah, I thought you were actually interested, but just knee jerk trolling; silly me.

TUD, you should know better, very few on here are interested in any way , 5 at best counting Easterross and Redcliffe, so easy to know who they are. The few others have been sickened and left.

edit , 6 as Carnyx has recently appeared but as he / she is intelligent and polite I am not convinced he / she will stay long term
    It's like doing National Service - an educational experience, but would one want to sign on in the long term?

I'm actually q

This discussion has been closed.