Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

LAB’s not taking enough of the GE2019 CON vote – politicalbetting.com

13»

Comments

• Options
    On topic - does Mike (or anyone else) have comparable figures from 1997? I would guess the number from then would be much higher, which would support Mike's Labour landslide scepticism, but it would be interesting to know for sure.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2022

rcs1000 said:

Oh dear... 🤦‍♂️

Russian state broadcaster RT has a Christmas message for Europeans
    [VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1606347049284165632

That is (unintentionally) hilarious.
    And surprisingly rubbish in the way that some of our occasional visitors are. By showing us a grim Christmas Present, we know it's tosh. Claim it's a grim Christmas Yet To Come, and it's much more menacing.

Difference between elegant psyops and brute lying. Perhaps it's what happens in a country where the state detaches itself from reality.
    I think that still would be pretty shit, though I agree a bit more effective. Frankly if we want brutal propaganda about what a dreadful time we're going to have forever, we would only need to look at what currently comes out of our own Government.

What would be really damaging to European resolve imo is videos showing lovely, warm, cheap, Russian gas-fuelled Christmasses getting better year by year, and saying 'this is what a Europe that works with Russia (and ignores us invading our near neighbours) gets.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,576

WillG said:

Scott_xP said:

"It was a bloody silly idea, but I can't be arsed to reverse it." https://twitter.com/fleetstreetfox/status/1606404808080064512/photo/1

More like "it was a good idea but we haven't taken advantage of leaving so it hasn't been successful". That's what the Tories get for responding to Brexit by massively increasing low skilled immigration by the visa system.
    Presumably the same people who think Elvis is alive and well and living in an ashram with Lord Lucan and Shergar.
    No, people like you. You're sensible enough to know that Brexit hasn't been implemented properly (not even a minimalist version). You're only giving us this Shergar crap because despite some recent glimmerings of sense, you still want Brexit reversed, so the civil service Brexit foot draggers are doing your bidding.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,489

dixiedean said:

Five more years.
    Obvious really.
    Deserved.

Five more years of what?
    Arguing if Die Hard is a Christmas movie?
    Nowadays it seems to pop up in the Xmas schedules more often than the Great Escape.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,489

GPT-Chat really has been neutered, it won't even write a poem about fictional characters who might have some negative characteristics.

Maybe it’s been traumatised by having to speak to Leon at all hours of the day?
  • Options
    New thread.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,054

kle4 said:

For my sanity please remember this is (an example of) the Red Wall, in this case having been breached.

This is Redwall.

Beneath Martin’s bathrobe, he is naked.
    He was a badass, going to war in a bathrobe was part of that.
This discussion has been closed.