Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Georgia runoff looks very tight – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,047
edited December 2022 in General
imageThe Georgia runoff looks very tight – politicalbetting.com

One of the things about American politics that looks very odd from a British perspective is that each of the 50 states can have very different election rules for what is the same national contest.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Juventus’ entire board resign

Gazzetta dello Sport say the decision was made after CONSOB, the body in charge of supervising activities in the stock exchange market, asked for clarification on the club’s balance sheet from June 2021.

Juventus were under investigation for alleged false accounting and false communications to the market, with Turin prosecutors looking into suspicious transfers from financial statements for 2018, 2019 and 2020. Juventus deny any wrongdoing.

Following CONSOB’s request into the June 2021 accounts, the Serie A giants postponed their shareholders meeting from November 23 to December 27, but the entire board of directors have now resigned before it could take place.

https://talksport.com/football/1260626/juventus-board-resign-andrea-agnelli-pavel-nedved-financial-investigation/

Surely not something dodgy going on at Juventus, I mean its not like they have got form or anything.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 29,272
    edited November 2022

Juventus’ entire board resign

Gazzetta dello Sport say the decision was made after CONSOB, the body in charge of supervising activities in the stock exchange market, asked for clarification on the club’s balance sheet from June 2021.

Juventus were under investigation for alleged false accounting and false communications to the market, with Turin prosecutors looking into suspicious transfers from financial statements for 2018, 2019 and 2020. Juventus deny any wrongdoing.

Following CONSOB’s request into the June 2021 accounts, the Serie A giants postponed their shareholders meeting from November 23 to December 27, but the entire board of directors have now resigned before it could take place.

https://talksport.com/football/1260626/juventus-board-resign-andrea-agnelli-pavel-nedved-financial-investigation/

Surely not something dodgy going on at Juventus, I mean its not like they have got form or anything.

Indeed. They're a major proponent of Super league. And looking like struggling to make CL. So they're in favour of wild cards based on history.
    Dodgy AF.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,228
    In Walker's favour: the Dems have already grabbed control of the Senate, so it's less of a "must win" for the Dems than it was.

In Warnock's favour: the prosperous Atlanta suburbs where turnout tends to be much higher prefer him over Walker by fairly large margins.

I would reckon Warnock will edge this... but it'll be very close.
    dixiedean said:

Indeed. They're a major proponent of Super league. And looking likely to not make CL. So they're in favour of wild cards based on history.
    Dodgy AF.
    It's all been downhill for them since Chiellini left.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,586
    Serious question. Are there two Keir Starmers?

A question for SKS fans

The reason i ask is because SKS says one thing and then SKS says the complete opposite and I am trying to resolve this paradox.

There must be two SKS's, how else can it be explained?

Thanks in advance
  • Serious question. Are there two Keir Starmers?

A question for SKS fans

The reason i ask is because SKS says one thing and then SKS says the complete opposite and I am trying to resolve this paradox.

Thanks in advance

He's a politician.
    Paradox resolved.
  • eekeek Posts: 27,481
    rcs1000 said:

In Walker's favour: the Dems have already grabbed control of the Senate, so it's less of a "must win" for the Dems than it was.

In Warnock's favour: the prosperous Atlanta suburbs where turnout tends to be much higher prefer him over Walker by fairly large margins.

I would reckon Warnock will edge this... but it'll be very close.

From the random tweets I’m seeing on Twitter there seems to be a lot of early voting and that will favour Warnock.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,860
    Two wild cards in the race: Trump may say somthing outrageous before voting ends; Walker may say something he shouldn't have. I'd say there is at leas one chance in three that at least one of those things happens.

• ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 3,533
    FPT:
    MaxPB said:

True Story.

I was working on the university magazine when “Phantom Menace” came out and thereby scored comp tickets to see the opening screening in Auckland, which was at midnight from memory.

Obviously I was a decent fan of the original trilogy and so I was pretty excited.

The film, and the Jar-Jar Binks character, were so atrocious I vowed never to have anything to do with the “franchise” ever again.

Haven’t seen anything to do with it since, except for the original trilogy which I am introducing to my kids.

You've missed nothing in particular. Rogue One is good if you have D+. Everything else is a different variation of dog shit.
    I've heard very good things about 'Andor'.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,676

A question for SKS fans

Thanks in advance

Sir Keir cleaves adamantly to a set of immutable values that are written through him like a stick of Blackpool rock. And if you don't like those, he has others.

A question for SKS fans

Thanks in advance

Why do you think there are only two? Surely it's possible there are 100s?

In which case, you might well get 100x the work from Keir that you get from a regular politician.

Alternatively, Starmer could be following in the footsteps of a famous economist who once said: Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?
  • rcs1000 said:

A question for SKS fans

Thanks in advance

Why do you think there are only two? Surely it's possible there are 100s?

In which case, you might well get 100x the work from Keir that you get from a regular politician.

Alternatively, Starmer could be following in the footsteps of a famous economist who once said: Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?
    Just 100s?

I am a fan of the "many Keirs" explanation of quantum indeterminacy. I laugh at two-Keirs-in-a-box Copenhagenism.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,358
    If the Republicans win Georgia it'll mean they failed to take control of the Senate by just 4,000 switchers in Nevada.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2022/us/results
  • If you own shares then bear in mind what will happen to world economy if covid massively outbreaks in China thanks to low immunisation levels.
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    December 2020 called and would like its headline back, please.

If you own shares then bear in mind what will happen to world economy if covid massively outbreaks in China thanks to low immunisation levels.

Bear in mind also that this is entirely self inflicted: China hasn't approved Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines, and instead relies on poor quality Chinese ones.
  • stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,842
    rcs1000 said:

If you own shares then bear in mind what will happen to world economy if covid massively outbreaks in China thanks to low immunisation levels.

Bear in mind also that this is entirely self inflicted: China hasn't approved Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines, and instead relies on poor quality Chinese ones.
    Xi's war on Covid has obvious parallels with Putin's war with Ukraine. Both have underestimated and misread their enemy. Both have relied on outdated methods to defeat their enemy. Both appear to have been either unaware, misinformed or wilfully blind to the limitations of their weaponry and tactics.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 53,240
    dixiedean said:

Indeed. They're a major proponent of Super league. And looking like struggling to make CL. So they're in favour of wild cards based on history.
    Dodgy AF.
    There is a real chance Juventus and Barcelona will go bankrupt very soon. Esp Barca. THAT is why they are utterly desperate for Super League

I imagine they will be bailed out, as being to big to fail, but lol
  • WillGWillG Posts: 2,366
    stjohn said:

rcs1000 said:

Xi's war on Covid has obvious parallels with Putin's war with Ukraine. Both have underestimated and misread their enemy. Both have relied on outdated methods to defeat their enemy. Both appear to have been either unaware, misinformed or wilfully blind to the limitations of their weaponry and tactics.
    Autocracy is weak and failing.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,677
    FPT regarding petrol... In my experience I've never noticed any quantitative difference on dyno runs with supermarket petrol and any other kind. It all comes from the same refinery anyway. If there is a difference it is so small as to be lost among other environmental factors that affect engine performance such as ambient temperature. My 997 Turbo (not an S but has the map from an S in it) made 534hp @ 6740 on Tesco's finest Momentum 99. The ecu was able to pull almost 10 deg of timing over 3000 so that is obviously genuinely high octane, knock resistant fuel.

I don't believe any of this toss about 'detergents'. I don't see how they can have any meaningful effect in petrol engines (might be a different story in diesels but I am not enough of a dieselmeister to say). Petrol is already a hell of a solvent so what are they putting in that will dissolve things that petrol won't?
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,440
    I think this should be, and ai haven't looked at the odds around 1-2 Warnock.
    Democrats have a definite advantage in GA now
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,358
    Was a new thread supposed to be released so soon after this one?
This discussion has been closed.