Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CON leadership contender Liz Truss on the monarchy in 1994 – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,096
    dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

Comical Nad’s complaints seem to have had the desired effect.

The only thing that happened today in the Jubilee celebrations that could not have been foreseen and was therefore newsworthy was the response of the public to Johnson. Utterly bizarre that no mention of it in
    @BBCNews headlines, and half a line re ‘mixed reception’ in report…

https://mobile.twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1532770500996485126

Though TBF it’s equally likely the BBC didn’t want to sour her Maj’s celebrations.

Not their job to do that.
    It's all over the newspapers.

It was so unexpected. I mean from a royalist crowd. It was the royalist extension of that first Mumsnet question.

He's toast. Really toast.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday called for retired and former military members to step up to enhance security in schools following the mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, last week.

The Hill

Mad. Utterly mad.

• rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Heathener said:

dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

The only thing that happened today in the Jubilee celebrations that could not have been foreseen and was therefore newsworthy was the response of the public to Johnson. Utterly bizarre that no mention of it in

Though TBF it’s equally likely the BBC didn’t want to sour her Maj’s celebrations.

It's all over the newspapers.

It was so unexpected. I mean from a royalist crowd. It was the royalist extension of that first Mumsnet question.

He's toast. Really toast.
    He's only toast if tory MPs want him to be.

And they don't have the guts to plug in the toaster never mind feed in the bread.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,557
    dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

Of course not.
    But after a decade in power of a party, significant parts of which would like to get rid of them, and being the national broadcaster for a unique royal occasion celebrating a very popular monarch, you can understand the BBC being unduly timid about the Johnson booing.

I was giving reasons, not excuses.
  • Is Nadine shagging BoJo or what

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday called for retired and former military members to step up to enhance security in schools following the mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, last week.
    The Hill

Mad. Utterly mad.

The GOP is a death cult, with no room for departure from the orthodoxy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1532818842963279872
    GOP Rep. Chris Jacobs, who’s from Buffalo, endorsed an assault weapons ban a week ago and is now ditching his re-election bid amid the backlash from his fellow Republicans.

Things could get interesting in Florida in November.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/03/florida-abortion-00035799
    … His and other prominent Republicans’ reticence reflects an awareness that they are at odds with public opinion: Florida remains the only state in the southeastern United States where a majority say abortion should be legal in most or all cases. And they act on those beliefs. While the number of abortions has dropped nationally, in Florida over the past three years the number has risen some 14 percent, according to reports provided by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, from about 70,000 in 2019 to early 80,000 last year. Samantha Deans, a doctor who performs abortions at a Planned Parenthood clinic off a tangle of highways a bit northeast of Hialeah, said her patients now are bringing up politics more than she’s ever seen in her career. “It is on the news every day in people’s faces,” she said. “I think people are finally recognizing the dichotomy between, maybe, their votes previously and what’s actually happening in health care and reproductive health.”…
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001

Independent reporting Starmer is asked in his questionnaire from Durham Police about the football shirt he was photographed holding up

Interesting development

Have they asked whether it was pilau or plain rice yet, Big G? I know that was a detail you were especially interested in.
    You tried to close this story down from day one and continue your assignine comments

Maybe wait for the decision of Durham Police which is due by mid July
    "Maybe wait for the decision of Durham Police which is due by mid July" seems like sound advice you might want to follow yourself, maybe?
    Reporting an article from the independent seems to have triggered the sensitivities of some on here

I did not invent the story they consider newsworthy
    Your desire to see SKS come a cropper shines through.

For me as a left-supporter but not a Labour Party member the outcome of the investigation will be a win either way. Either SKS is cleared and the contrast with Johnson is clear, or he is fined, resigns, and Johnson looks even worse. In the latter case Labour also get a more charismatic leader.

So all in all I am pretty relaxed about this.
    I really do not want Starmer to resign but he made his decision not me

I actually am quite relaxed with Starmer as I expect he will really struggle when he has to make difficult decisions and in the heat of an election campaign
    Yes BigG. you called this right from the start. Johnson did nothing, no Abba parties, no Birthday parties in No 10, so nothing to investigate. Starmer on the other hand was banged to rights by Ivo Delingpole, the Mail, and on here by you. Black hat time.

If Starmer does go down, it does prove one thing, Johnson really is above the law.
    I comprehensively have condemned Boris on here and either you are not reading my posts or just being disingenuous

Boris must go and my local mps will affirm I sent them e mails demanding he goes

I do care about honesty and integrity and I also do not want Starmer to resign as he is beatable by someone not as toxic as Boris
    The mask slips.

This isn't about ethics or morals, it's about winning an election. You almost had us fooled that you actually cared for a moment - but you do not.

I remember you saying your vote was up for grabs, ROFL.
    Starmer is not a Blair who did get my vote

Anyway maybe you should understand that the only time Labour recently won power was when I voted labour
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001

Independent reporting Starmer is asked in his questionnaire from Durham Police about the football shirt he was photographed holding up

Interesting development

Have they asked whether it was pilau or plain rice yet, Big G? I know that was a detail you were especially interested in.
    You tried to close this story down from day one and continue your assignine comments

Maybe wait for the decision of Durham Police which is due by mid July
    "Maybe wait for the decision of Durham Police which is due by mid July" seems like sound advice you might want to follow yourself, maybe?
    Reporting an article from the independent seems to have triggered the sensitivities of some on here

I did not invent the story they consider newsworthy
    Your desire to see SKS come a cropper shines through.

For me as a left-supporter but not a Labour Party member the outcome of the investigation will be a win either way. Either SKS is cleared and the contrast with Johnson is clear, or he is fined, resigns, and Johnson looks even worse. In the latter case Labour also get a more charismatic leader.

So all in all I am pretty relaxed about this.
    I really do not want Starmer to resign but he made his decision not me

I actually am quite relaxed with Starmer as I expect he will really struggle when he has to make difficult decisions and in the heat of an election campaign
    Yes BigG. you called this right from the start. Johnson did nothing, no Abba parties, no Birthday parties in No 10, so nothing to investigate. Starmer on the other hand was banged to rights by Ivo Delingpole, the Mail, and on here by you. Black hat time.

If Starmer does go down, it does prove one thing, Johnson really is above the law.
    I comprehensively have condemned Boris on here and either you are not reading my posts or just being disingenuous

Boris must go and my local mps will affirm I sent them e mails demanding he goes

I do care about honesty and integrity and I also do not want Starmer to resign as he is beatable by someone not as toxic as Boris
    The mask slips.

This isn't about ethics or morals, it's about winning an election. You almost had us fooled that you actually cared for a moment - but you do not.

I remember you saying your vote was up for grabs, ROFL.
    It is but it will be lib dems
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Not long to go before we hopefully get a Tory leadership contest.
  • AslanAslan Posts: 1,673

Is Nadine shagging BoJo or what

What ugly sexism.
    dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

Alastair Campbell complaining about press bias is a joke.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,395
    An Indian-American girl won the Scripps spelling bee:
    "Harini Logan, a 14-year-old from Texas, won the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee late Thursday night in a dramatic, unprecedented spell-off.

Harini, who was competing in the bee for the fourth time, correctly spelled 21 words in a rapid-fire 90-second burst at National Harbor in Maryland, outlasting runner-up Vikram Raju, 12, of Colorado, who correctly spelled 15. The spell-off followed several heart-stopping rounds during which neither contestant was able to prevail."
    source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/06/02/national-spelling-bee-2022-finals-words/

The main first prize is decent, 50K.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't thing any British bookies were offering bets on this contest.

(Something I hadn't known: Ghana usually sends one contestant, but this year three qualified.)
    While everyone is focused on where the front line moves, this is the under the radar situation that will force Russia's failure:

Russian occupation authorities continue to face challenges establishing permanent societal control in newly occupied Ukrainian territories. The Ukrainian Resistance Center reported that Russian occupational administrations “are [only] created on paper” and are incapable of controlling local populations, enforcing the use of the Russian ruble, or conducting bureaucratic processes. The Ukrainian Resistance Center noted that Ukrainian civilians welcome partisan activity that systematically sabotages Russian occupation rule.

If you have 3% of the population in an active guerilla movement and a further 10% supporting it, an occupation is impossible to hold down. Russia will be trying to hold territory of about 15 million people, where 90%+ hate their guts.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Andy_JS said:

"Jet2 boss blames airport chaos on 'lazy Brits who live off benefits and Brexit'
    Steve Heapy was reported to have made the comment during a meeting this week with British Airways and easyJet calling for more help to resolve staff shortages causing huge passenger queues"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jet2-boss-blames-airport-chaos-27137175

Anyone blaming "lazy [x]" is a cock, who can safely be ignored.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Heathener said:

A long day. Lunch went well.

Watched the service this evening. That booing took me aback.

It's over ... isn't it?

What did you do?
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    New thread.
This discussion has been closed.