Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It has been working class voters who have been the main dri

Comments

• AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited May 2013
    "Stuart Hall appeared on BBC Radio 5 Live eight years ago telling listeners: "Your average 10-year-old can instruct you in oral or anal sex," the corporation defended his comments as "satirical banter".

The veteran broadcaster's admission, revealed on Thursday, of a string of historic sex offences against girls aged between nine and 17 casts his comments in a different, horrific light. Hall made the comments in a 2005 edition of 5 Live's Saturday morning panel show, Fighting Talk."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/02/stuart-hall-5-live-instruct-sex?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
  • Just back from voting UKIP in the hyper marginal that is Potters Bar East.
    This time I actually had to join a queue of half a dozen or so.
    A lot different from November's PCC elections when the polling staff were pleased to someone come through the door.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Got to love this invention of a "sterling-zone" that the Scots think they'll stay in.

There may be a eurozone but there's no such thing as a sterling zone. Sterling is our currency, if you want to leave we can't stop you from using it but lets not pretend there's some sort of organised "zone" you'll be in. You'll just be using our currency with rates and rules set by the UK like it is today.
  • john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Mick_Pork

'A minister in government with some kind of influence? Laughable indeed.'

Got to go some to beat last week's SNP currency car crash,that was hilarious.

Just back from voting UKIP in the hyper marginal that is Potters Bar East.
    A lot different from November's PCC elections when the polling staff were pleased to someone come through the door.

I thought you were a Conservative supporter. Glad to be corrected.
  • RicardohosRicardohos Posts: 258
    Mick Pork, I was thinking more of people to follow who will be tweeting results more quickly than Sky News / BBC News so some useful @followthisperson. I'm already following OGH of course.
  • PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    @JamesKelly

Do carry on - every single time you Disagree with a post of mine - I win.

I said several posts ago that you'd been CheckMated. But you haven't got it yet - carry on repeating your mistake.

Every time you Disagree - its another point to me. You like to be in control by browbeating others into shutting up or so I'm told rubbishing them unchallenged on your blog, so you can tell yourself you've won - but you can't win against me because I have no respect for your Id. And you're dancing to my tune right now.

And we can all see it.

It's up to you - withdraw gracefully and we won't mention it again or let every PBer see that you lost - every time I post.

That seems more than fair to me. Particularly since I don't care at all.
  • JamesKellyJamesKelly Posts: 1,348
    "There may be a eurozone but there's no such thing as a sterling zone."

There will be. Do keep up.
  • AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,559

"There may be a eurozone but there's no such thing as a sterling zone."

There will be. Do keep up.

Shit ! I've been bid against. Somebody's now offering 14 Swinneys, how much is that in real money, my brother says it worth about half a Happy Meal.
  • AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Farage was in Dartford this afternoon.

Mrs Bluebell Wood has just arrived in South Shields. Avery must be pleased.
    edited May 2013
    Plato -

"Particularly since I don't care at all."

We can tell. Every time you stamp your feet and say that "if you DARE to disagree with me, you LOSE", I can hear the sound of thousands of people quietly thinking to themselves "hmmm, Plato doesn't seem to care when someone disagrees with her posts. That's jolly mature of her."

Or something like that.
  • Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited May 2013
    john_zims said:

Got to go some to beat last week's

Sorry to have to correct you but it was the same reheated Osbrowne stuff from last year.

That PB tories think Osbrowne making yet more empty threats on currency is a winner in scotland is merely a measure of just how out of touch they really are.

After omnishambles Osbrowne made those same threats last year the SNP still won the scottish local election in seats and popular vote.

We shall see just big a triumph the incompetent fops manage for this years locals in england and wales, as well as the tories no doubt massive 'surge' in South Shields.

*chuckle*

edited May 2013
    In Lincoln City which sould be one of the first places declaring...on normal midterm conditions (2012 City Council results) you should expect the Tories to hold 1 division and the rest going Labour.

If something else happens, we may have surprises....

Got to love this invention of a "sterling-zone" that the Scots think they'll stay in.

There may be a eurozone but there's no such thing as a sterling zone. Sterling is our currency, if you want to leave we can't stop you from using it but lets not pretend there's some sort of organised "zone" you'll be in. You'll just be using our currency with rates and rules set by the UK like it is today.

I'm feeling rather sorry for the pro-Indy Scots voters - they've been told that the New Land will be free of evil NATO, the Queen, the Bank of England, Sterling...

And yet here we are less than 12 months on and even they're going to endure their version of BBC Scotland, DVLA...

What is the definition of Independence when its exactly the same as now except Prince Alec and his curry chef residing in Holyrood?

It's a massive ego trip and I feel genuinely sorry for the many ways they've been repeatedly mislead. I'd like the Union to remain but if the Scots don't -well that's fair enough, it seems increasingly unlikely and Salmond missed his Arc of Prosperity bounce on an epic scale.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    Mick_Pork said:

john_zims said:

Sorry to have to correct you but it was the same reheated Osbrowne stuff from last year.
    Did that have 'Yes Scotland' and others come out in favour of a separate currency too?

"Margo MacDonald, former SNP MP and now independent MSP, and Scottish Green leader Patrick Harvie, a leading supporter of Yes Scotland, told Scotland on Sunday that Salmond and the SNP needed to adopt a "bolder", "radical" vision to attract voters...."

LOL....as you say.....

edited May 2013
    Ed is in Doncaster for the mayoral election. The old lady is the mayoral candidate
    https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/330007759938527233/photo/1

They wheeled out Prescott
    https://twitter.com/DanJarvisMP/status/329999363784970241/photo/1

Rosie Winterton is badly dressed as always (actually it's not bad fashion. Just that she's not 30 anymore and she should dress accordingly).
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    @AndreaParma_82 Is there a convenient timetable of declarations available anywhere?
    UKIP ought to be able to do well in a place like Lincoln.
    edited May 2013
    Carlotty said:

Did that have

Ominshambles Osbrowne making the exact same empty threats? Yes it did. Well spotted.

edited May 2013

Mick_Pork said:

john_zims said:

Did that have 'Yes Scotland' and others come out in favour of a separate currency too?

"Margo MacDonald, former SNP MP and now independent MSP, and Scottish Green leader Patrick Harvie, a leading supporter of Yes Scotland, told Scotland on Sunday that Salmond and the SNP needed to adopt a "bolder", "radical" vision to attract voters...."

LOL....as you say.....

Unfair Carlotta

they started off as Euro loving, neutral republicans and now they're sterling loving, nato monarchists - how can it get more radical ?
    "I'm feeling rather sorry for the pro-Indy Scots voters - they've been told that the New Land will be free of evil NATO, the Queen..."

Plato, for the seventy-nine billionth time, the SNP have never been opposed to the monarchy. You really must stop getting your Scottish "facts" from your PB Tory chums and the Telegraph.
    edited May 2013

Farage was in Dartford this afternoon.

Mrs Bluebell Wood has just arrived in South Shields. Avery must be pleased.

Can I just say that Bluebell Wood is a lovely name - I've had people called Beverley Hills and Neil Armstrong work for me - I stopped noticing within a few minutes but it was a bit of a curse for them :^ )
    And the latest on the Scomnishambles:

"Salmond refuses to say if separate Scottish currency is option
    Thursday 2 May 2013
    The First Minister has refused to say if he would rule out an independent Scotland having its own currency."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/u/u/salmond-refuses-to-say-if-separate-scottish-currency-is-option.1367508347
  • RicardohosRicardohos Posts: 258
    OK sorted some tweeters to follow. Next question is re. South Shields. Anyone know if they're counting tonight and if so result ETA?
    edited May 2013
    And the latest on the incompetent fop master strategy on Europe.

"But this isn’t all that hypothetical when John Baron has already told Coffee House that if he and colleagues have no success through official routes, they will be ‘looking for all opportunities to raise this on the floor of the House’. And the Prime Minister might have been trying to tickle them a little with his radio interview, but he hasn’t responded to their letter yet, and the meeting that Baron is trying to arrange hasn’t happened yet, either. So Tory backbenchers might feel that if they hear no more than the same noises from the Prime Minister in the next few weeks, they’ll do their own thing, possibly using a Private Member’s Bill, or backbench business debates, or amendments to existing legislation. But the legendary EU referendum bill isn’t on its way into Parliament any time soon.

Oh dear. Banging on about Europe should come in handy for next years EU elections at least. ;^ )
    "they started off as Euro loving, neutral republicans"

Could you link to the SNP manifesto in which they proposed the abolition of the monarchy?

Clue - you can't, because they never have.
  • john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Mick_Brown

'That PB tories think Osbrowne making yet more empty threats on currency is a winner in scotland is merely a measure of just how out of touch they really are'

Even Labour think the SNP currency policy is a non starter,try independence without nanny.
    edited May 2013
    @Ricardohos

Tonight in SS

@Plato

It's not her real name. It's Avery's nickname for her. Because she worked for Bluebell Wood Children Hospice before becoming MP for Rotherham
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    I see that the agree/disagree functionality has been removed!
  • samsam Posts: 727
    edited May 2013
    AndyJS said:

UKIP ought to be able to do well in a place like Lincoln.

I dont think so.... I watched this episode of Question Time, and Mary Beard says its all hunky dory there. Charming facts, surveys and opinion polls say so... There is a rather annoying real person who lets an anecdote get in the way mind you... pfff anecdotal evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QYCTDXq56w
    sausages said:

Yes it did

So "Yes Scotland" has been split of over a year?

I see the mighty Eck is hedging his bets now.....

"I see that the agree/disagree functionality has been removed!"

But fortunately there's now a dislike button to replace it. That'll be a relief to the PB Tories who pressed for such a functionality, and I'm sure none among their number will make themselves look like hypocritical fools by repeatedly whinging when it's used on their own posts.

@Ricardohos

Tonight in SS

@Plato

It's not her real name. It's Avery's nickname for her. Because she worked for Bluebell Wood Children Hospice before becoming MP for Rotherham

Oh what a shame! I rather liked it - it conjured up wooded fields of flowers from my childhood.

I'm a bit of a flower geek... unfortunately my nuclear war surviving slugs and I are involved in a war of attrition and they're winning.

"I see that the agree/disagree functionality has been removed!"

But fortunately there's now a dislike button to replace it. That'll be a relief to the PB Tories who pressed for such a functionality, and I'm sure none among their number will make themselves look like hypocritical fools by repeatedly whinging when it's used on their own posts.

Well the quote button is still there... ;)

I think there should be just an agree.. like the good old days :')

RobD said:

I see that the agree/disagree functionality has been removed!

Wee Jimmy Kelly will be most upset - someone has taken away his favourite toy!

Well - it beat talking about a separate Scotland's separate plans for a separate currency I guess.....

edited May 2013
    “Election leaflet sparks UKIP row

INCENDIARY leaflets produced by a UKIP candidate for one of Stone’s county council seats has led to calls for him to withdraw from the election and apologise.

The leaflets, on ‘the sanctity of marriage’ produced and promoted by David Nixon – who today stands as a candidate for the Stone Rural seat – were called ‘a vile throw back’ by Stafford Borough Councillor Rowan Draper.

The leaflet says the coalition government’s proposals for same-sex marriage – referred to as ‘the gay marriage bill’ – are ‘a farce’.”

http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.uk/News/Election-leaflet-sparks-UKIP-row-02052013.htm
  • GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Are there figures somewhere for the turnout among different income groups (or whatever measure)? I'd be interested to know whether the 'working class' were being lost completely, or not - my mind is open.
    "Jimmy Kelly will be most upset - someone has taken away his favourite toy!"

You were saying? It was you that wanted the button, Carlotta - indeed my very first "disagree" came from you, disagreeing with me when I bemoaned the appearance of the disagree button.

Your whining about my use of that button in the weeks since is a kind of meta-hypocrisy that is almost off the scale.
  • GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    AndyJS said:

INCENDIARY leaflets produced by a UKIP candidate for one of Stone’s county council seats has led to calls for him to withdraw from the election and apologise.

The leaflets, on ‘the sanctity of marriage’ produced and promoted by David Nixon – who today stands as a candidate for the Stone Rural seat – were called ‘a vile throw back’ by Stafford Borough Councillor Rowan Draper.

The leaflet says the coalition government’s proposals for same-sex marriage – referred to as ‘the gay marriage bill’ – are ‘a farce’.”

http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.uk/News/Election-leaflet-sparks-UKIP-row-02052013.htm

I quoted this a couple of days ago. At the time someone pointed out that UKIP policy was against many of those things, but the article says "UKIP LGBTQ group’s Facebook" disapprove and at least some others don't agree (rather they use the freedom of speech line of argument).
    edited May 2013
    Carlotty said:

Wee Jimmy Kelly will be most upset

To see something we always knew was a fact get proved conclusively yet again on here?
    I somehow doubt it.

*chortle*

• NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    AndyJS said:

Does Rowan Draper think that all the MPs in his party who opposed the gay marriage bill should resign too?

What a peculiar decision = we can now Disagree or Like but not Agree?

I may Agree or Like but they aren't the same. BenM could make a joke I laughed at but its not agreeing with the point made.

Seriously, whoever is fiddling with the site functionality needs to get a grip and stop being so sensitive.
    edited May 2013

"they started off as Euro loving, neutral republicans"

Could you link to the SNP manifesto in which they proposed the abolition of the monarchy?

Clue - you can't, because they never have.

How about the SNP manifesto pledging to join a Sterling Zone?

edited May 2013
    Does anyone know how many people are eligible to vote today?

It must be something like 15 million.
    Plato said:

Seriously, whoever is fiddling with the site functionality needs to get a grip and stop being so sensitive.

Unspoofable. ;^ )

"whoever is fiddling with the site functionality needs to get a grip and stop being so sensitive."

Snigger. Self-awareness'R'Us.
    edited May 2013
    sausages said:

Carlotty said:

*chortle*
    Your most intelligent contribution to the currency discussion so far!
    edited May 2013
    Neil said:

AndyJS said:

Does Rowan Draper think that all the MPs in his party who opposed the gay marriage bill should resign too?

On the aftermath of the vote, you could see the young excited activists (usually from London, Brighton, Cambridge and Oxford) asking for all Labour MPs voting against being deselected.

You were saying? It was you that wanted the button, Carlotta - indeed my very first "disagree" came from you, disagreeing with me when I bemoaned the appearance of the disagree button.

Your whining about my use of that button in the weeks since is a kind of meta-hypocrisy that is almost off the scale.

is that a republican meta-hypocrisy or a monarchist meta-hypocrisy ? It's so easy to lose track James.
    edited May 2013
    @Carlotty

Still not worked out what Cammie's position is on his Cast Iron referendum yet? IN or OUT?

It would require a bit more thought than the usual inept public relations twaddle from you admittedly.

The woman on Question Time does surprise me a bit considering she had Polish grandparents, but that's her choice of course.

sausages said:

Carlotty said:

*chortle*
    maybe a chortle is the new unit of currency. 100 arfs = a chortle.
    "is that a republican meta-hypocrisy or a monarchist meta-hypocrisy ?"

I believe Carlotta is almost as monarchist as the SNP have always been (couldn't find that manifesto pledge, eh?), so I hope that answers your question.

Post one of my comments. Or is that like the SNP's currency plan....made up on the hoof.....

edited May 2013

"is that a republican meta-hypocrisy or a monarchist meta-hypocrisy ?"

I believe Carlotta is almost as monarchist as the SNP have always been (couldn't find that manifesto pledge, eh?), so I hope that answers your question.

"couldn't find that manifesto pledge,"

keep looking James on past performance you've promised everything so it will just a matter of time.
    edited May 2013
    I just discovered the " personal messages" function.

And a few messages lying in the message box for a couple of days....they must have thought how rude I am in not replying!
  • Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    test

(couldn't find that manifesto pledge, eh?)

Is that the sterling zone manifesto pledge?

edited May 2013

maybe a chortle is the new

Answer from Cammie when someone asks him if he supports staying IN or OUT of Europe for his own Cast Iron Referendum Pledge?

Happily UKIP and Europe are of no consequence for the tories today or some might get the idea that the inept PB tory spinners on here want to talk about anything but them or the locals.

Good luck with that for the next few weeks.

LOL

sausages said:

Carlotty said:

*chortle*
    maybe a chortle is the new unit of currency. 100 arfs = a chortle.
    I think its a 'snort'.....

"Post one of my comments."

Righty-ho...

"Wee Jimmy Kelly will be most upset - someone has taken away his favourite toy!"

Frankly I'm surprised you've forgotten that one so soon, but I'm always happy to help (within reason, before you go into a huff any say that you didn't really mean 'post one of my comments' and instead meant 'post seventy-nine of my comments').
  • AndyJS said:

I normally am a Tory.
    It was the first time I have voted UKIP.
    A brief precis of my voting history.
    Turned 18 December 88.
    First two elections, council and Euro (I think). I voted Lab and Lib although can't remember which way round. This was as a protest against the poll tax
    Voted Tory in 92 GE and every election onwards until today.

sausages said:

Carlotty said:

*chortle*
    At this point, this video needs sharing - there was a very famous dog on That's Life that said *sausages* - but this clip of a stuffed cat makes me weep with laughter - my mum tried to get her cat stuffed and it came back looking remarkably similar ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTmvQNWqX8

sausages said:

inept public relations twaddle

I just knew you'd get onto SNP policy sooner or later!
    "keep looking James on past performance you've promised everything"

But not the abolition of the monarchy. As we now know, Alan, because you were unable to assist us with the SNP's former "republican" policy that you were telling us about only a few minutes ago.
    AndyJS said:

The woman on Question Time does surprise me a bit considering she had Polish grandparents, but that's her choice of course.

Maybe she wasnt a real person but a UKIP stooge???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNmMu2ibvyM
    At this point, this video needs sharing - there was a very famous PB Burley that said *lefty w*nk* - but this clip of a stuffed tory makes me weep with laughter - my anecdote tried to get her cat tweeter stuffed and it came back looking remarkably similar ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WX5k5dLr5k

Your whining about my use of that button in the weeks since...

That's from 'today'.....now, where's your SNP Sterling Zone manifesto pledge?
    @JamesKelly

How many points to me have you clocked up on this thread so far?

Do carry on - I win every time you do.

I get double points when your CyberNat mates chip in like @MickPork
    sausages said:

LOL

100 LOLs = 1 Snort
    100 Snorts = 1 Chortle

You're making more sense on currency than the SNP!

edited May 2013
    Plato said:

@JamesKelly

How many points to me have you clocked up on this thread so far?

Do carry on - I win every time you do.

I get double points when your CyberNat mates chip in like @MickPork

You asked for it dear. Remember that every time you whine about it from now on like the "serial labour voting" "floating voter" you so clearly are.

"keep looking James on past performance you've promised everything"

But not the abolition of the monarchy. As we now know, Alan, because you were unable to assist us with the SNP's former "republican" policy that you were telling us about only a few minutes ago.

james, don't get me wrong, I welcome your conversion to monarchy and on current progress expect you to be campaigning to keep Scotland in the Union. I mean there's still ages to go before the vote.

sausages said:

LOL

100 LOLs = 1 Snort
    100 Snorts = 1 Chortle

You're making more sense on currency than the SNP!

I think they're pushing some new lines.
  • ZenPaganZenPagan Posts: 689
    @Carlotta

To be fair to James he has been fairly consistent from what I have seen over the monarchy issue.

I still remain bemused as to why he believes the rump uk would want to be in a fiscal union with independent Scotland, or why he believes any one in the rump uk would support it.
    Incompetent fop chumocracy cont.
    ROBIN MACFARLANE ‏@MacfarlaneRobin

RT @etonmessuk David Cameron defends choice of another fellow Old Etonian for No 10 policy unit http://gu.com/p/3fgmx
    edited May 2013
    'Squirrel' update for the PB tories. ;^ )
    ITV News ‏@itvnews

Nearly 10,000 candidates are battling for seats in today's local elections http://itv.co/104Up99
    ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

To be fair to James he has been fairly consistent from what I have seen over the monarchy issue.

I still remain bemused as to why he believes the rump uk would want to be in a fiscal union with independent Scotland, or why he believes any one in the rump uk would support it.

There have been republicans within the SNPs ranks - but they were booted out nearly a decade ago:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-moves-to-expel-left-wing-republicans-1-1049445

On the currency its frankly pathetic - this 'don't frighten the horses' approach is going to lose, not win, them the referendum.
    tim said:

@sam

Which town in Lincolshire do you think has experienced the biggest fall in crime?

And which maternity hospital usually takes the pregnant mothers when Lincoln hospital can't cope?

Dont care.

Why dont we import the best U21 footballers from all over the world, pay them more than they get in their own countries, get them to play for the full England side and then tell every Englishman & woman how great having no English people in the England team has made it?

ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

I find the SNPers desire to refer to the 95% of the UK as *rump* anything very amusing.

There are according to the ONS "Scotland’s population in mid-2011 reached 5,254,800"

There are according to the ONS http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/index.html?nscl=Population 63.2m in the UK as a whole.

Talk about epic arrogance.
    Plato said:

ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

I find the SNPers desire to refer to the 95% of the UK as *rump* anything very amusing.

There are according to the ONS "Scotland’s population in mid-2011 reached 5,254,800"

There are according to the ONS http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/index.html?nscl=Population 63.2m in the UK as a whole.

Maybe it is so they can call us the arse of the UK without anyone realising! :p
    LabourList are going to live blog the CC & South Shields elections:

http://labourlist.org/2013/05/county-council-elections-and-south-shields-by-election-liveblog/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LabourListLatestPosts+(LabourList)

The BBC on timings:

"The majority of council results are expected on Friday between 11:00 BST and 18:30 BST, although six councils - Lincolnshire, Dorset, Somerset, Essex, Gloucestershire and Hampshire - will declare their results in the early hours of Friday morning.

The result for the South Shields by-election is also expected early on Friday morning."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22376584
    edited May 2013
    Those not interested in inept Cameroonian spinners might find this useful.
    Nick Golding ‏@NickGolding 1h

Staying up for the first #vote13 results? Here's a guide to the current chambers of the 1st councils to count: http://www.lgcplus.com/news/lgc-live-local-election-results/5058206.article?blocktitle=Latest-Local-Government-News&contentID=2249
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    RobD said:

Plato said:

ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

RobD said:

Plato said:

ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

Overlooking the primary 1 mathematics used on the percentages , as they say "If the cap fits"
    RobD said:

Plato said:

ZenPagan said:

@Carlotta

I'd like to think that every SNPer who doesn't post on Newsnet or PB is more open-minded, less uber sensitive to criticism and polite.

Who knows - given the diet of Alec worship, YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!! debating and I AM RIGHT!!!!!! brow-beating - who knows.

Frankly as someone who didn't care much either way - the CyberNats on PB have made me dislike their tactics so much that I'd campaign for The Union and win just to piss them off even more. It's gone beyond wishing for an amicable divorce that I managed.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    Plato said:

I may Agree or Like but they aren't the same. BenM could make a joke I laughed at but its not agreeing with the point made.

All the buttons are bollocks and anyone who needs them should be looking for help
    malcolmg said:

All the buttons are bollocks and anyone who needs them should be looking for help

Except for quote, which should be used more often.
    Plato said:

I'd like to think that every SNPer who doesn't post on Newsnet or PB is more open-minded, less uber sensitive to criticism and polite.

Unspoofable yet again.

@malc

I was going to like that, but then I thought you might hit me :-)
    edited May 2013
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

The quote button helps keep track of conversations. Why some appear to think its beneath them I know not....

• MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

AndyJS said:

I normally am a Tory.
    It was the first time I have voted UKIP.
    A brief precis of my voting history.
    Turned 18 December 88.
    First two elections, council and Euro (I think). I voted Lab and Lib although can't remember which way round. This was as a protest against the poll tax
    Voted Tory in 92 GE and every election onwards until today.
    Welcome to the fold, Hertsmere_Pubgoer.
    edited May 2013
    tim said:

@Sam

Dont care.

I realise you don't care about the facts, but you "care" enough to post the propaganda.

I've just skimmed the statistics for the area you posted about and it appears that crime in Boston has fallen by the largest percentage in the county and that the Maternity unit (along with Grantham) takes the overspill from Lincoln.
    If you want to work out how truthful that womans story is then Lincoln Maternity had to divert pregnant women twelve times in a twelve month period and Boston pilgrim twice in the same period.

People telling of the misery that mass immigration is causing in their lives isnt propaganda.

You are entitled to your view that mass immigration solves everything from falling education standards to rising crime to saving hospital wards, as am I that people do not want their neighbourhoods changed irrevocably by a wave of people from another part of the world.

It would be like storming into someones home, ripping down the wallpaper they had chosen, replacing it with eggboxes and telling them how much better soundproofed their walls are now. You may well be right, but people couldnt give a toss, they liked it as it was.

Awww @MickPork - I see only you Disliked my comment - are you feeling lonely now? I've added you to my CheckMate scoreboard - everytime you Dislike my comment.

One day you will grasp that siding with @JamesKelly just makes you look even more of a pawn. And he's already lost vs me. You are now my pawn by agreeing with his Dislikes.

Are you your own man or his sheep? Up to you - as a man of many opinions.
    malcolmg said:

Plato said:

"like"

• MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Goldsmith backs Boris
    Boris Johnson would make a good leader of the Conservative party, Zac Goldsmith has said.

In an interview with the Evening Standard the Conservative MP for Richmond said voters were unclear on what David Cameron stood for.

“I don’t think people on the streets are clear enough about what Cameron stands for — and that’s a problem in politics,” he argued.

But he was much more positive about the Mayor of London.

"I can imagine [Boris Johnson] as a future and very successful leader of the Conservative Party," he said.

Mr Goldsmith has previously been highly critical of the Government for its sympathy with the idea of a second runway at Heathrow airport, an approach he described as "wink wink, nudge nudge".

The "Bring in Boris" movement has started even before the local results are in.
  • AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    Talking of reforms to Vanilla implementation, I would like to propose the netiquette custom of top posting.

In other words, posters reply above rather than below the quoted sub-thread. Like this.

Stark Dawning reminded me of its merits yesterday. It is an old Usenet practice.

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

The quote button helps keep track of conversations. Why some appear to think its beneath them I know not....

AveryLP said:

Talking of reforms to Vanilla implementation, I would like to propose the netiquette custom of top posting.

In other words, posters reply above rather than below the quoted sub-thread. Like this.

Stark Dawning reminded me of its merits yesterday. It is an old Usenet practice.

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks!
    What time do we expect earliest/most declarations?
This discussion has been closed.