Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Fear and Loathing in Las Élysée: France 2022 – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

IanB2 said:

Brexit disaster is going to be the story that consumes the rest of this year.

Only to FBPE supporters

It is part of a much wider story and Brexit is not responsible for 53 container ships holed up in the US, the record worldwide hikes in energy costs, and supply issues across the globe
    Doesn't mean it's not making it even worse. Which it is.
    The issue will be highlighted at the conservative conference as one of those wanting to use cheap foreign labourc (FBPE) supporters and HMG that is seeking increased wages across the sectors and restricting immigration to limited visa quotas

It will be interesting to see who wins the argument
    A party supposedly of big business seeking to increase "wages across the sectors"? All of them? Making the pensioners poorer? That's two whacking contradictions right there.

It will be interesting to see how the government applies wage increases in sectors like health and social care where staffing issues are as bad as HGV logistics.

Mrs Foxy should be getting a decent payrise...
    While you are there, Foxy, how much would the Treasury need to find to fund the NHS properly so that doctors and patients all felt OK about it? And how much more is that than is currently spent?

I don't think it is primarily about money. The reasons that we have lost so many nurses is not primarily about pay. Rather like the HGV drivers it is about the wider picture. Similarly for medical staff.
    And teachers.

We’re not badly paid, just seriously fucked off with the conditions and being endlessly pontificated to by the DfE, OFSTED, OFQUAL and sundry losers like Topping about how awful we are for wanting to sleep and see our families occasionally.
    All the private school teachers I know say that they don't get much more money (if at all) than the state sector. It's generally a reduction in fuckwittery in management, clearer targets, resources to achieve them and the fact that all the pupils want to be there, that they bring up as the reasons why....

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

IanB2 said:

Only to FBPE supporters

It is part of a much wider story and Brexit is not responsible for 53 container ships holed up in the US, the record worldwide hikes in energy costs, and supply issues across the globe
    The issue will be highlighted at the conservative conference as one of those wanting to use cheap foreign labourc (FBPE) supporters and HMG that is seeking increased wages across the sectors and restricting immigration to limited visa quotas

A party supposedly of big business seeking to increase "wages across the sectors"? All of them? Making the pensioners poorer? That's two whacking contradictions right there.

It will be interesting to see how the government applies wage increases in sectors like health and social care where staffing issues are as bad as HGV logistics.

While you are there, Foxy, how much would the Treasury need to find to fund the NHS properly so that doctors and patients all felt OK about it? And how much more is that than is currently spent?

I don't think it is primarily about money. The reasons that we have lost so many nurses is not primarily about pay. Rather like the HGV drivers it is about the wider picture. Similarly for medical staff.
    Tend to agree- the amount you'd have to pay me to get back into the classroom full time would be absurd and unsustainable- we're talking "Waitrose drivers paid more than MPs" levels of stupid.

But the things that would make a difference- don't squeeze me out on a regular basis, ensure I have tools to do a good job- are much harder to achieve and communicate.

So they don't happen.
    Interesting to compare this with IT inside banks. Enormous efforts have been put in to reduce the pyramid of fuckwits, improve provision of internal services - stuff like single-sign-on-to-everything. It's almost as if people were trying to remove impediments to work.

The upper middle class world of work, where big issues include when the chair setup guy can help you setup your new Herman Miller chair.....
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,760

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

IanB2 said:

Only to FBPE supporters

And teachers.

We’re not badly paid, just seriously fucked off with the conditions and being endlessly pontificated to by the DfE, OFSTED, OFQUAL and sundry losers like Topping about how awful we are for wanting to sleep and see our families occasionally.
    All the private school teachers I know say that they don't get much more money (if at all) than the state sector. It's generally a reduction in fuckwittery in management, clearer targets, resources to achieve them and the fact that all the pupils want to be there, that they bring up as the reasons why....
    Varies according to the school though. Believe me, you wouldn’t want to work at the private school here in Cannock because no manager in the state sector would survive five minutes if they ran their school the way that one is run. It’s responsible for about 30% of all my Union’s local casework.
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

IanB2 said:

Only to FBPE supporters

And teachers.

Varies according to the school though. Believe me, you wouldn’t want to work at the private school here in Cannock because no manager in the state sector would survive five minutes if they ran their school the way that one is run. It’s responsible for about 30% of all my Union’s local casework.
    I'm sure it does. Fuckwittery is not a state/private thing.... just that some private schools can create a decent teaching environment.
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited October 2021
    isam said:

Just had a quite surreal experience

Knock at the front door and it's a bloke claiming to be "Steve from IPSOS-MORI", saying they want to know how people get out and about in the village. Banged on for a minute or two, then offered me little some black device which he wanted me to take with me every time I left the house, so they could track how far I had gone!

Surely this is a try on?! I said I wasn't interested. What can it be other than a tracker to tell burglars the house is empty?

I reckon you should tell him nicely that you want to waste time at your own volition, PB say.

That reminds me that I have received hundreds of letters over the decades written in pseudo legal lingo that I will be visited at some point by a tv license inspector etc etc. If one ever comes I'll him/her that I've never owned a tele (though fixed quite a few) and am wasting both our times talking about it.
This discussion has been closed.