Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Number 10 party story is really cutting through to voters – politicalbetting.com

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,129

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

I'm old enough to remember when the pb.com tories were strumming themselves off over the perspicacity of UKG allowing the 'exit wave' to happen in the summer as opposed to the Europeans who would be having their 'exit wave' in the winter.

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    His vaccine status has nothing to do with you ffs
    The problem is that we are all totally exhausted by this rotten pandemic, a lot of us are really, seriously dreading the lockdown that we are convinced is coming and will be very long and difficult, and a lot of the trouble is caused by refusers clogging up hospital capacity, especially critical care capacity.

It's a point that has been made often enough before, but is worth re-stating once again: if enough of the capacity to care for very sick patients is monopolised by Covid gaspers, most of whom are unvaccinated, then (a) the hospitals scream that they'll soon be unable to treat acute emergencies and that there must be more restrictions to try to choke off the flow of Covid patients; and (b) an awful lot of other care, especially that which might require the capacity for post-operative recovery, gets cancelled. Putting it bluntly, the NHS throws the lives of sick cancer patients and others on the scrapheap, by denying them surgery until they become incurable or simply die waiting, in order to prioritise the gaspers.

Vaccine refusers' right to choose comes with a very heavy cost: death or permanent harm for some members of society, and often devastating curtailments of liberty for everyone else.

The heel diggers are as much of a liability as people who choose to drive at 120mph the wrong way down the M6. Just because they feel entitled to do it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be stopped.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited December 2021

On topic: there was a boris downing street Christmas party joke at the sunderland panto ffs

Gives me the idea they will sing about these events in Nursery Rhymes in 600 years time. Like Humpty Dumpty the Cavalier Cannon.

Humpty Dumpty had a Great Ball
    Humpty Dumpty had a Great Fall

Or something better obviously, full of subconscious, hooded wink meaning.

Do we are have collective skills on PB to invent that nursery rhyme?

Which tune to copy? Is Boris associated to a particular tune?
    I’ve had a quick go. To Elsie Marley

Boris Johnson Ruled Inept
    To the rules he never once kept
    To this old rogue comeuppance crept
    When above the party he soundly slept

The gauntlet is down Sunil. 😘
    There was a young man named Farage
    Who once got locked in his garage
    He campaigned so hard
    But let down his guard
    And fell to an electoral barrage!
    Nice. 😉

Did he get locked in a garage though, or is it a cunning allegory?

Like my he was asleep and didn’t see it coming allegory. Or my ‘party’ of cut throats plotters creeping up the stairs metaphor?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,322

Consistently ahead for a week! "Starmer is on target for a landslide"

Consistently behind for vast majority of his leadership. "Yeah but Corbyn"

Like you, I liked Corbyn and still do. But I struggle to think you'll really feel when it comes to it that re-electing the current lot for another five years is better than a Starmer-led alternative.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Dura_Ace said:

I'm old enough to remember when the pb.com tories were strumming themselves off over the perspicacity of UKG allowing the 'exit wave' to happen in the summer as opposed to the Europeans who would be having their 'exit wave' in the winter.

Cases would be under 10 000 by Christmas.
    Harsh. As Lillico keeps saying - there was the caveat that a mutation did not spring out of nowhere that evaded immunity.
    Except the mutation doesn't fully evade immunity, so having the exit wave over the summer is still a big bonus over not having done so.

Even if some of the antivaxxers who got caught up in the summer now end up getting it a second time over the winter due to evaded immunity, they should be able to cope better having already got some immunity from their prior infection.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

On topic: there was a boris downing street Christmas party joke at the sunderland panto ffs

Gives me the idea they will sing about these events in Nursery Rhymes in 600 years time. Like Humpty Dumpty the Cavalier Cannon.

Humpty Dumpty had a Great Ball
    Humpty Dumpty had a Great Fall

Or something better obviously, full of subconscious, hooded wink meaning.

Do we are have collective skills on PB to invent that nursery rhyme?

Which tune to copy? Is Boris associated to a particular tune?
    I’ve had a quick go. To Elsie Marley

Boris Johnson Ruled Inept
    To the rules he never once kept
    To this old rogue comeuppance crept
    When above the party he soundly slept

The gauntlet is down Sunil. 😘
    There was a young man named Farage
    Who once got locked in his garage
    He campaigned so hard
    But let down his guard
    And fell to an electoral barrage!
    Nice. 😉

Did he get locked in a garage though, or is it a cunning allegory?

Like my he was asleep and didn’t see it coming allegory. Or my ‘party’ of cut throats plotters creeping up the stairs metaphor?
    Sorry for being the boring sober one in the drunken pub and tipless tonight, but I am driving very earlier tomorrow to my friends family for the weekend because she is coming with me at Christmas. When I am there in morning I will sort out the days horse racing tips. Night 🙋‍♀️
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,947
    Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

Really

Are you going to treat us to your ludicrous, embarrassing, faeces-flinging fantasies of your exciting, militaristic, motorbiking past-life with a plutocratic suicidal bent even as you crow about not having a jab COS YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT FUCKING TREE FROGS and thereby condemn the rest of of us to another hellish lockdown, and, some of us, death?

Fuck off. Get tae fuck. Fuck the fuck off you appalling fucking fraud. FUCK. OFF.
    I was lauding you as the voice of reason earlier.
    Maybe you are?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Foxy said:

Dura_Ace said:

Cases would be under 10 000 by Christmas.
    Harsh. As Lillico keeps saying - there was the caveat that a mutation did not spring out of nowhere that evaded immunity.
    Who could have predicted that 6 months after the last major variant with increased transmissability that appeared 6 months after the last that itself appeared 6 months after the start of the pandemic that a major new variant appeared.

Jist out of the blue.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,879
    I made this comment last night at about 11pm

“I reckon its time to play PB PLAGUE PREDICTIONS BINGO

The world is teetering on the abyss. This could all blow over in a week and we go back to worrying about Boris's bald patch OR human civilisation will be snuffed out like a candle at Christingle, probably around Christingle

In that light, what do we predict? I'll go first

Lockdown: YES

Lockdown when: introduced incrementally, but fast. Plan C from about mid December, Plan Z (a harsh lockdown) from around Jan 1

Lockdown how long: not long. It won't do much. 3-4 weeks

UK hospitalisations between now and end March 2022: 310,000

UK deaths in the same period: 49,000”

Interestingly it turns out I am bang in the middle of expert predictions:

“In the most optimistic scenario, which assumes Omicron has low immune escape and booster jabs are highly effective, the model projects between 1 December and 31 April:
    20.9 million infections
    175,000 hospital admissions
    24,700 deaths

In the most pessimistic scenario, which assumes Omicron has high immune escape and booster jabs are less effective, the model projects between 1 December and 31 April:
    34.2 million infections
    492,000 hospital admissions
    74,900 deaths”

Sometimes I scare myself

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59621029
This discussion has been closed.